What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (6 Viewers)

Rostered players not in CBS databaseVladimir Guerrero Jr. (Dominican Rep) NV

Jose Miguel Fernandez (Cuba) Dr D/Chem X

Pablo Millan Fernandez (Dodgers) Pik95

Yadier Alvarez (Cuba) Pik95

Dillon Tate (NCAA) Eephus

Dansby Swanson (NCAA) RnR

Ian Happ (NCAA) Boubcheese

Carson Fulmer (NCAA) RnR

Alex Bregman (NCAA) RnR
This has to be a record number of placeholders.

So why is there still such crappy talent in the free agent pool?

Carson Fulmer (NCAA) RnR

Alex Bregman (NCAA) RnR

And you don't have Brendan Rodgers listed either.

Fister to the DL with the dreaded "forearm tightness."

If he has a torn UCL, that would be our third. The Chemical X injury cloud lives on!

Rostered players not in CBS database

Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (Dominican Rep) NV

Carson Fulmer (NCAA) RnR

Alex Bregman (NCAA) RnR

And you don't have Brendan Rodgers listed either.
I added the placeholder but forgot to update the league home page. I'll do it the next time I forget to enter my CBS lineup before the day game starts.

I want to make a deal. I have sent offers to all the top teams. Let's do something. I would part with anyone on my team over 27 pretty much. Lester, Prince, Pedroia, and maybe Longoria can be had. Gattis, Samargia, and Gio Gonzales also. Let's do something

I'm starting to worry about the abilities of the robots that are writing our weekly league summary. The headline for a snippet on Eephus' team reads "Back in my day..."

John Lester, Gio Gonzales, Dustin Pedroia, and possibly Prince Fielder (on fire) can be had in deals. You Darvish could also be in play. Make fair offers. Most of these guys will be moved this week to contenders. I want top prospects or young guys playing now. Age is important as I won't be contending for three years probably. Thanks. And don't offer me a prospect for Prince. He is on his way to a top ten season and another 400obp.

John Lester, Matt Harvey (huge cost), Dustin Pedroia, and Evan Longoria are still in play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carson Fulmer (NCAA) RnR

Alex Bregman (NCAA) RnR

Norge Luis Ruiz (Cuba) DrD/ChemX

Brendan Rodgers (HS) Dr D/Chem X

DJ Stewart (NCAA) Pik95

Garrett Whitley (HS) Pik95

Kyle Tucker (HS) Pik95

I think so. I still have an empty spot for you to add A.B. by the way.

Also, I will move Lester, Pedroia, and Nick Martinez for a top prospect or good young dude. Make an offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can plug a high schooler into the starting lineup. Are guys trying to go completely naked at a position or something?

Pik added Cervelli so he has a legal starting lineup.

CBS' rules help topics aren't very well organized but it does appear illegal lineups don't count stats. I don't think it's a good precedent to assign placeholders out of position because it'll just bite us when CBS adds them to their database.

The minimum roster requirements are to field a CBS-legal lineup by position but there's nothing preventing you from starting a minor league or amateur catcher in the slot.

Seems like it should be a non-issue to me. If you are going to do a complete rebuild, seems to me you'll want to hold at least one player at each position to develop into your "future starter" at that position.

Translation: PIK-- STOP IT.

Pretty sure that was my worst offensive night ever in fantasy baseball. 4-51 with a .145 OBP, 3 runs, no HR, RBI or SB.

But on the positive side, all 4 of my closers had saves.

Since I can't seem to get an offer for Pedroia or Lester I am considering cutting them both. I won't be a contender anytime soon so I see no point In keeping them. I can't believe that only two teams in this league think they have a shot at winning. It seems because of that I can't move these solid vets. Anyway, I just wanted to warn everyone what's coming, as I expect an outcry when I cut them tomorrow.

Since I can't seem to get an offer for Pedroia or Lester I am considering cutting them both. I won't be a contender anytime soon so I see no point In keeping them. I can't believe that only two teams in this league think they have a shot at winning. It seems because of that I can't move these solid vets. Anyway, I just wanted to warn everyone what's coming, as I expect an outcry when I cut them tomorrow.
:coffee:

:coffee:
Were can I find Waiver Priority order :coffee:

F'n injuries, I just had some mild interest in a trade involving Marlon Byrd and he breaks his wrist. My trade chip grabs have been an unmitigated failure this year

I just sent some last ditch first offers. Longoria and Pedroia both have 350 obp and are heating up. Lester had ten k's last game and Nick Martinez has an era around 2.00 and gets k's. Gotta give to get I figure.

I just sent some last ditch first offers. Longoria and Pedroia both have 350 obp and are heating up. Lester had ten k's last game and Nick Martinez has an era around 2.00 and gets k's. Gotta give to get I figure.
If I weren't rebuilding too I'd consider, your offers are definitely fair. Wrong place wrong time unfortunately.

If I weren't rebuilding too I'd consider, your offers are definitely fair. Wrong place wrong time unfortunately.
Everyone except two guys have had the same responses. What fun is trading my entire team to Helztopee?

Funny thing is I'm holding guys like Zack Cozart and Travis Snyder just so I can have a mostly active starting lineup :bag:

Funny thing is I'm holding guys like Zack Cozart and Travis Snyder just so I can have a mostly active starting lineup :bag:
I just dropped Cozart I think?

I didn't even read this thread before making an offer to PIK. I think he should throw in Jon Lester as a sign of goodwill.

Give me Ariz SS Kevin Newman. And you didn't add my other placeholder kid yesterday I don't think.

Users who are viewing this thread