What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (3 Viewers)

I received some tremendous, really tremendous offers from HT. Just terrific. However we are tabeling discussions until we have more info on Iran. So...

3.5 Yulieski Gurriel 

I received some tremendous, really tremendous offers from HT. Just terrific. However we are tabeling discussions until we have more info on Iran. So...

3.5 Yulieski Gurriel 
I know HellToupee. Great guy. Tremendous asset to the league. I'm sure there were some terrific trade discussions. Would have loved to discuss FAIR deals with HellToupee. Because we're getting killed in trade deals with Crooked PIK. It's awful. We NEVER win anymore with him. Did you see what he did in the thread with the trade offers?  And his pathetic prospects? SAD! 

I know HellToupee. Great guy. Tremendous asset to the league. I'm sure there were some terrific trade discussions. Would have loved to discuss FAIR deals with HellToupee. Because we're getting killed in trade deals with Crooked PIK. It's awful. We NEVER win anymore with him. Did you see what he did in the thread with the trade offers?  And his pathetic prospects? SAD! 
Don't discount dastardly Doctor Detroit 

3.5 Yulieski Gurriel 
Intriguing pick (Gurriel not HellToupee).  I seriously considered him instead of Adrian Gonzalez at 2.11 and probably would have went with Gurriel if I wasn't trying to win this year.

The struggles of some second tier Cubans has depressed the whole market but Gurriel was always THE guy on the national squad and not some work in progress.  He'll should be more like Jose Abreu (w/ less power) than Rusney Castillo but Yuli's numbers in Japan and Houston are yellow flags.

Intriguing pick (Gurriel not HellToupee).  I seriously considered him instead of Adrian Gonzalez at 2.11 and probably would have went with Gurriel if I wasn't trying to win this year.

The struggles of some second tier Cubans has depressed the whole market but Gurriel was always THE guy on the national squad and not some work in progress.  He'll should be more like Jose Abreu (w/ less power) than Rusney Castillo but Yuli's numbers in Japan and Houston are yellow flags.
You know he's entering age 33 season, yes? I know that may seem young to you, but...

1B has been a tough spot for me to fill for some reason. So much so that I'm relying on Ryon Healy gaining eligibility there so I don't have to start super util Jurickson Profar there for the season :bag:  

3.06 - Matt Holliday, 1B/OF, NYY

Now mentoring Aaron Judge IRL and in Serious Biz.  Welcome aboard, you beautiful bald *******.  Time to drop some bombs in Yankee Stadium.

I took Gurriel in hopes his on base skills come shining through. I'm weak at the corners, as of now Solarte would be my CIFer. My team has speed and a good deal of power, but easily finished last in OBP last year. 

I have been in this Joey's Gelateria line for an hour it sewms.  This bagpipe guy is freaking me out with his green sawks.

3 8 --- pik95 (from greedygoat) --- 
3 9 --- Kraft (from Helltoupee) --- 
3 10 --- Cheese --- 
3 11 --- eephus --- 
3 12 --- Spartans Rule --- 

Jeren Kendall OF Vanderbilt

and with that pick, amateurs and international FAs are eligible for in-season pickups through the roster freeze this October.  We can still discuss amateur rules changes but they won't go into effect until 2018.

# #  Owner  Player
1 1 --- pik95 --- Nolan Arenado
1 2 --- Arsenal --- Anthony Rizzo
1 3 --- Kraft --- Xander Bogaerts
1 4 --- RnR --- Madison Bumgarner
1 5 --- Dr. Detroit --- Brian Dozier
1 6 --- Rodg12 --- Billy Hamilton
1 7 --- NV --- Ryan Braun
1 8 --- pik95 (from greedygoat) --- Kyle Hendricks
1 9 --- HellToupee --- Stephen Strasburg
1 10 --- Cheese --- Carlos Gonzalez
1 11 --- eephus --- Cody Bellinger
1 12 --- Spartans Rule --- Aroldis Chapman
2 1 --- pik95 --- Craig Kimbrel
2 2 --- Arsenal --- Francisco Rodriguez
2 3 --- Kraft --- Kyle Lewis
2 4 --- RnR --- Ian Kinsler
2 5 --- Dr. Detroit --- Jose Bautista
2 6 --- Rodg12 --- Dellin Betances
2 7 --- NV --- Ben Zobrist
2 8 --- Greedygoat --- Jason Groome
2 9 --- Kraft (from Helltoupee) --- Tyler O'Neill
2 10 --- Cheese --- Neftali Feliz
2 11 --- eephus --- Adrian Gonzalez
2 12 --- Spartans Rule --- Keon Broxton
3 1 --- HellToupee (from pik95) --- Shawn Kelley
3 2 --- Arsenal --- Tom Murphy
3 3 --- HellToupee (from Kraft) --- Fernando Rodney
3 4 --- RnR --- Mike Moustakas
3 5 --- Dr. Detroit --- Yulieski Gurriel
3 6 --- Rodg12 --- Matt Holliday
3 7 --- NV --- Jeanmar Gomez
3 8 --- pik95 (from greedygoat) --- Carter Capps
3 9 --- Kraft (from Helltoupee) --- Luke Weaver
3 10 --- Cheese --- Brian McCann
3 11 --- eephus --- Jeren Kendall
3 12 --- Spartans Rule --- Jedd Gyorko

Eephus said:
Assuming we finish round 3 today, I'll enter the picks and open up trades.

All remaining players will go on waivers, I'll set up waivers to run on Tuesday 28 Feb so you'll have until then to enter your claims.

I vaguely recall the waivers time was early AM EST.  I'll change transactions to FCFS when I wake up after the waivers run.  I don't know what will happen to players who were dropped in the waivers run.  They'll either be available immediately to other teams or be trapped in waivers limbo temporarily.

After that, it's FCFS until the day after the season ends.  Drops will be on waivers for two days.

I'm kind of surprised that only Kraft and I went with prospects for the three additional roster slots. 

ETA:  By my count, 25 players ended up getting picked from Team Hoos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread