What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (7 Viewers)

Eephus said:
Trade deadline is Tuesday.  Rules changes up for discussion

1. Pre-season competitive balance draft
  2. Ban on in-season adds of amateur and international players
  3. Waivers instead of FCFS
  4. :shrug:
1 and 2 fot sure, I prefer waivers but don't have strong feelings there. I have always loved a twice a week waiver run using a $100 pot to bid. Makes it fun. 

The one you sent me was probably the best offer I've ever gotten from you. Just doesn't work for me right now. 
I wish I could remember it.  Feel free to post it here.  I am not really sure on values these days anyway.  This is the only league I'm in and I don't even watch MLB anymore.

Eephus said:
Trade deadline is Tuesday.  Rules changes up for discussion

1. Pre-season competitive balance draft
  2. Ban on in-season adds of amateur and international players
  3. Waivers instead of FCFS
  4. :shrug:
Yes on 1, protect 25 players.

No on 2 and 3 but I won't whine if they pass.

I'm fine with waivers to help with closers but I enjoy picking up SPs at 657 to use them at 7:05 if we can make some kind of cutoff where the day becomes fcfs until lock.  Daily waivers at 10a where players you win are immediately available and then fcfs until games start would be my favorite. 

CBS runs waivers in the early AM (EST).  There are no commissioner options to adjust this or select an exact time.

CBS runs waivers in the early AM (EST).  There are no commissioner options to adjust this or select an exact time.
Can that waiver be followed by FCFS until games start, like Cheese suggested? That would be the perfect solution IMO.

Closers and other players gaining overnight value go through waivers, but you can still speculate on prospects during FCFS time without burning your waiver priority.

Waivers are run every night but currently only dropped players are subject to waivers (2 days).  The only other option is to force all FAs through waivers which would kill FCFS. 

CBS also supports FAAB but that doesn't make sense in this format.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

Just leave it like it is on the FCFS thing. Amateur and international players going into off-season draft pool should alleviate most of the non-closer worries with the current setup.

I'm a fan of weekly lineups, actually. When you make your lineup moves on Monday morning and become a spectator for the remainder of the week, it's actually quite an enjoyable experience. Less of a job.

That being said, I have a feeling we won't be able to talk folks into that.

Any thought to adding 1 or 2 DL spots back that we classify as MLB only?  10 Day DL has been a #####.
1 or 2 spots wouldn't change anything. Everybody's got at least 1 or 2 injured guys. It'd just be a free roster spot.

If there was some way to make a DL spot that could only be used if you have 6+ injuries, I would be for that.

I just went through my keepers and I have 24 guys I will almost certainly keep. 

An added benefit to the new system is it will increase the offseason trades, I have a couple of nice pieces I will be willing to trade come spring.  As a rebuilding team it's tough, I have invested in prospects for three years and it's hard to leave them unprotected. 

I honestly think the changes we made will enthuse the league.  It's $50, worth every penny IMO. 

Very tight up top :popcorn:  

@Eephus could gain some hitting points R/HR/RBI all close. There are some SB points that a getable too but with Tre Turner back not sure he will be able to ultimately pass me 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went through my keepers and I have 24 guys I will almost certainly keep. 

An added benefit to the new system is it will increase the offseason trades, I have a couple of nice pieces I will be willing to trade come spring.  As a rebuilding team it's tough, I have invested in prospects for three years and it's hard to leave them unprotected. 

I honestly think the changes we made will enthuse the league.  It's $50, worth every penny IMO. 
What's the new system?  Some sort of protection draft?

As usual, rosters will be locked beginning Monday Oct 2nd.

The only planned rules change for next year are:

Competitive Balance draft replaces the Add/Drop Draft:  You can protect 25 players.  The remaining players will be exposed in a three round non-snake draft in reverse order of 2017 standings.  A team can only lose three players in this draft.  You can draft your own unprotected players which will count as one of the three.  Draft pool will consist of unprotected players, CBS free agents and amateur/international players

In-season ban on picking up amateur/international players.  They can only be picked up during the pre-season competitive balance draft.  I haven't thought through how to handle the MLB amateur draft because CBS doesn't add players to the database until they sign (and sometimes not even then).   I'm leaning toward FCFS on players as they're drafted but am all ears if somebody has a better idea. 

As usual, rosters will be locked beginning Monday Oct 2nd.

The only planned rules change for next year are:

Competitive Balance draft replaces the Add/Drop Draft:  You can protect 25 players.  The remaining players will be exposed in a three round non-snake draft in reverse order of 2017 standings.  A team can only lose three players in this draft.  You can draft your own unprotected players which will count as one of the three.  Draft pool will consist of unprotected players, CBS free agents and amateur/international players

In-season ban on picking up amateur/international players.  They can only be picked up during the pre-season competitive balance draft.  I haven't thought through how to handle the MLB amateur draft because CBS doesn't add players to the database until they sign (and sometimes not even then).   I'm leaning toward FCFS on players as they're drafted but am all ears if somebody has a better idea. 
Leave them until the following years preseason draft?  Or have a 4th of July draft celebration draft of newly drafted draftees?

Leave them until the following years preseason draft?  Or have a 4th of July draft celebration draft of newly drafted draftees?
Adding them to the following year has some merit.  It's fairer, would give us a couple of months of rookie/low A stats to base our picks on, and might reduce the number of unprotected players teams lose in the Hoosdraft.

The only downside I guess would in the rare event that a first year pro gets called up to the big leagues.  This is how I ended up with Chris Sale while chasing SV as usual.

I wasn't proposing an exception for draftees fast tracked to the majors.  It's just that there will be the rare case of players who are accumulating MLB stats but are ineligible to be picked up.  We can live with that.

I assume then that international players that sign in-season are also off-limits until next year's draft?

I still favor FCFS for everyone all the time forever just because of the simplicity, but I think that ship has sailed.

In essence, I think we're using the pre-season draft as the eligibility cutoff for amateurs and international FAs. 

If a player isn't signed to an American (or Blue Jays)  professional contract at the conclusion of the Hoosdraft, they will be ineligible for pickup until the following season.  We could use opening day as the cutoff but I think the earlier date closes a potential loophole.

In essence, I think we're using the pre-season draft as the eligibility cutoff for amateurs and international FAs. 

If a player isn't signed to an American (or Blue Jays)  professional contract at the conclusion of the Hoosdraft, they will be ineligible for pickup until the following season.  We could use opening day as the cutoff but I think the earlier date closes a potential loophole.
Guys currently on rosters grandfathered in??

I don't know how long Doctor Detroit will be away but I've postponed the roster lock and opened up off-season trading.

Both will be open until the end of whichever playoff round we're in when the good Doctor makes his return to this thread.

I am shopping Sterling Marte for a MLB starter who is five years younger to be in line with the rest of my team.  Same goes for the couple of other over 25 giys I have.

2017 Standings for posterity

RANK    TEAM        TOTAL
1    Eephus        106.5
2    Cheese        98.5
3    HellToupee    94
4    Spartans Rule    85
5    Rodg12        74.5
6    NV         69
7    Doctor Detroit    54
8    Greedygoat    53
9    Kraft        44
10    RnR        43.5