What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (2 Viewers)

Nice trade.  I hate giving up Arenado, but realistically he doesn't help me at all for the next year or two.  Rivero is a stud, but relief pitchers are so volatile anyway.  I don't know much about Eloy but he seems to have great upside.  Cheese and Dr. D especially came strong with guys I like, but I needed the extreme youth of this deal to fit my future window.

I now need a pitcher. If anyone wants to make a small deal reach out.  I'll be around all day today.

:lmao:  We all know Devers was the clincher, right? :homer:
Actually Albies was.  I even turned down my favorite sox hitter in another deal.  This deal was done strictly for my window of competition.  Everyone getting sent down this spring (and Honeywell) set me back another year unfortunately.

FWIW I would move Devers (Acuna?)  Don't LOVE him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arenado is probably still the best player in the trade five years from now.
No doubt. And Ill try and trade back for him (when he's 32) at that time, lol.   The guys I got will all be 26 years old by then.  Hopefully I'm back in it at that point.  I am really happy getting three solid guys for him.  

This will be a fun trade to watch. Reminds me of the time I traded near-MLB ready Francisco Lindor for "in their primes" Evan Longoria and Dustin Pedroia. That one didn't work out like I thought it might.

This will be a fun trade to watch. Reminds me of the time I traded near-MLB ready Francisco Lindor for "in their primes" Evan Longoria and Dustin Pedroia. That one didn't work out like I thought it might.
Lindor is bitter that he has been on the last place team ever since!

• Smile
Reactions: RnR
Lindor is bitter he has been on the last place team ever since!
I'm still floored by his development. At the time we made that trade, he was a "good glove, good contact, good speed" type of prospect. Who knew 30 HR pop was sitting in there?

In 416 minor league games... 21 HR.

In 416 major league games... 60 HR.

(Had to run that stat out there because... 416 games)

I'm still floored at his development. At the time we made that trade, he was a "good glove, good contact, good speed" type of prospect. Who knew 30 HR pop was sitting in there?

In 416 minor league games... 21 HR.

In 416 major league games... 60 HR.

(Had to run that stat out there because... 416 games)
I'm hoping J.P. Crawford does the same for me. I like taking strong D types, because they will always have that to fall back on, even in hitting slumps.  Many a time had I rode out a guy in a bad slump, because of his strong D, back when I managed.  

On a side note, if anyone wants Dom Smith 1B Mets, I'll move him for a pitcher with a pulse. He will probably be back with the Mets in a month and is 22. I will have to cut him for a pitcher before opening day anyway. 

On a side note, if anyone wants Dom Smith 1B Mets, I'll move him for a pitcher with a pulse. He will probably be back with the Mets in a month and is 22. I will have to cut him for a pitcher before opening day anyway. 
why did you cut Yordan Alvarez & keep the next Doug Mientkiewicz

While I agree re: Arenado as the premium player, there's a real chance that each of those 3 he got in return are All-Star caliber players. Could be a situation where Arenado is the best player, but PIK still won the trade.

why did you cut Yordan Alvarez & keep the next Doug Mientkiewicz
I have Tucker and I am not 100% sold on Yordan.  I was also trying to field a complete lineup for this year so I could have some enjoyment.  That was before a bunch of guys got sent down.  It was a mistake in retrospect.

While I agree re: Arenado as the premium player, there's a real chance that each of those 3 he got in return are All-Star caliber players. Could be a situation where Arenado is the best player, but PIK still won the trade.
I definitely gave up a lot of upside and value. Hated to part with all of them, but couldn’t turn down the chance to get Arenado. Rivero will help this year too. Hedged a bit getting Bradley since I could be weak at 1B if Myers loses eligibility there after Hosmer signed.

I definitely gave up a lot of upside and value. Hated to part with all of them, but couldn’t turn down the chance to get Arenado. Rivero will help this year too. Hedged a bit getting Bradley since I could be weak at 1B if Myers loses eligibility there after Hosmer signed.
I was wondering why you wanted Bradley.  That makes sense now.

Funny thing is I probably wouldn't have moved Rivero so easily if he was a righty.  Coaches are too biased against lefty closers imo.  

Rodg had the “package” Pik wanted most. 

I don’t know where my team is at just yet but the rules when @Kraft... and @Arsenal of Doom joined made it impossible to compete in the first three years. So we build and attempt to build a winner. 

In dynasty the trade market is different, because you become attached to assets. Buxton was my #1A pick in the dispersal draft, so I’m less likely to part with him than others. Acuna was a guy I actively scouted/tracked and I picked him up when his ownership was 2% in CBS. Plus both have top 20 upside, Acuna #1 IMO. 

I offered pik Mookie and a substantial 2nd piece for Arenado but the trade he made was better for him. Jimenez is a possible top 20 guy who I’m super high on, Albies and Devers are top 100 with low bust profiles. Still, giving up a 26-year-old who is already top 5 playing in the best park in baseball is tough. Rivero is a good chip also for someone wanting to win now, but I’m on the five year plan (2019). 

Good trade for both teams, League is strong. :hifive:  

Didn't even get a sniff of an Arenado offer :kicksrock:  
@Kraft... I looked.  I almost sent you something tonight but you are in a similar spot as me it seems.  I would give Kyle Hendricks for some of your youth.  You have a few pitchers I like especially.  And Vlad...

Rodg had the “package” Pik wanted most. 

I don’t know where my team is at just yet but the rules when @Kraft... and @Arsenal of Doom joined made it impossible to compete in the first three years. So we build and attempt to build a winner. 
Yeah, it's a slow burn. I think I only have 7 guys left from that original dispersal draft. Lots of trading and waiver activity since then. I've thrown a ton of prospect crap at the wall. I'm starting to see some movement towards the Majors, hopefully that will get things rolling up the standings. 

I agree the trade was fair and that the league is strong :hifive: 

Yeah, it's a slow burn. I think I only have 7 guys left from that original dispersal draft. Lots of trading and waiver activity since then. I've thrown a ton of prospect crap at the wall. I'm starting to see some movement towards the Majors, hopefully that will get things rolling up the standings. 

I agree the trade was fair and that the league is strong :hifive:
Draft Goog Doc FYI turns out I still have 8 guys  :excited:

And these were the picks made during the controversial "pause round" after round 20. Oh what could have been :mellow:  

Yasmani Grandal
Alex Guerrero
Jung-ho Kang SS Pitt
Peter O'Brien C AZ
Clint Frazier 
Hector Olivera 
Matt Olson (1B, OAK)
Travis D'Arnaud C
Casey McGehee 3b
Mark Trumbo, 1B/OF
Luis Severino – P
Aaron Judge – OF
Jorge Alfaro, C
Justin Verlander

Draft Goog Doc FYI turns out I still have 8 guys  :excited:

And these were the picks made during the controversial "pause round" after round 20. Oh what could have been :mellow:  

Yasmani Grandal
Alex Guerrero
Jung-ho Kang SS Pitt
Peter O'Brien C AZ
Clint Frazier 
Hector Olivera 
Matt Olson (1B, OAK)
Travis D'Arnaud C
Casey McGehee 3b
Mark Trumbo, 1B/OF
Luis Severino – P
Aaron Judge – OF
Jorge Alfaro, C
Justin Verlander
I was the only one who raised hell over the "pause" and was labeled a crazy person for doing so.  Four years later I was right.

I traded Gordon, Frazier, McCutchen, Belt, Allen, Sal Perez, Cain, and Andrew Miller and some for significant returns. 

Still have Buxton, Castellanos, Semien, Mondesi, N. Williams...so 5 total.  Of those we have one possible elite, one all-star level, one underrated upside, one speed guy still too young to know, and Nick Williams which I don't think anyone can figure out.  Not one pitcher, not one.  Incredible.  I have Andrew Miller back now, but that can't count. 

I can't believe I drafted Josmil Pinto, I can't say I can even remember who that is.  :bag:

I was the only one who raised hell over the "pause" and was labeled a crazy person for doing so.  Four years later I was right.

I traded Gordon, Frazier, McCutchen, Belt, Allen, Sal Perez, Cain, and Andrew Miller and some for significant returns. 

Still have Buxton, Castellanos, Semien, Mondesi, N. Williams...so 5 total.  Of those we have one possible elite, one all-star level, one underrated upside, one speed guy still too young to know, and Nick Williams which I don't think anyone can figure out.  Not one pitcher, not one.  Incredible.  I have Andrew Miller back now, but that can't count. 

I can't believe I drafted Josmil Pinto, I can't say I can even remember who that is.  :bag:
The 2014-15 off-season was tough.  It was the closest the leeg ever came to falling apart.

The pause was a small bone thrown to returning owners who didn't want to give up anybody.  I was trying to keep the peace by baffling people with complicated draft rules.  If you look back at the guys picked in the poached draft, we were just throwing darts at that point. 

Berserker's back to back picks of Severino and Judge were pretty savvy in retrospect.  Better than my selections of Hector Olivera and Casey McGehee.

I did pretty well in those rounds. Got a 47 HR season from Trumbo. The Alfaro pick was less inspiring but I was able to flip him for Jon Lester.

Mostly though I just traded for all the vets in that draft.

Fwiw @PIK95made me a fair offer on Arenado that made some sense for both of us. Unfortunately, it involved pitching and I’m worried about overkilling hitting and my pitching being not good enough to win after I misjudged how many people were hunting veteran pitchers in the dispersal draft.

Either way, Strong offers and glad you got a nice group of players. I am also a little glad to see Rodg try to make the leap into contender status. 

I am projected for zero saves now.  A week ago I had Rivero, Archie Bradley, and possibly Bud Norris.  This league is tough when trying to rebuild AND chase saves.  Just not enough roster spots.  I didn't think I would finish last again this year, but punting saves sure won't help in that regard.  The good news is I'm looking strong in SB for the first time since moving Smellsbury, Gardner, ect.

***Josmil Pinto update***   He's alive.  :coffee:

As far as the dispersal draft I'm just kind of hoping Kraft or Arsenal can improve this year and that I can finish in top half of league.  My team is so young that it's pretty hard to predict, especially with my pitching which could be anywhere from good to terrible.  Hoping two of Harvey, Matz, Salazar, Lamet, Giolito, Duffy are good/healthy enough to consistently start and that Taillon takes the next step.  I like Ray and McCullers as a 1/2 beyond that it's a crapshoot.

My hitting is coming though, contenders beware. 

I am projected for zero saves now.  A week ago I had Rivero, Archie Bradley, and possibly Bud Norris.  This league is tough when trying to rebuild AND chase saves.  Just not enough roster spots.  I didn't think I would finish last again this year, but punting saves sure won't help in that regard.  The good news is I'm looking strong in SB for the first time since moving Smellsbury, Gardner, ect.
I think I had 10 saves all year in 2018.  Projected for 62 right now but I think that number is overly optimistic.  If Boxberger keeps his job all year and Cody Allen gets hurt, sure. 

Just combed over my Roster to see how I acquired players. 
19 via draft(dispersal/waiver/competitive balance) 
12 via Free Agents 
9 via Trades

Pik trying to wear me down like a fat chick at the bar would. His disadvantage is not being able to serve me large amounts of alcohol. 

Users who are viewing this thread