What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Business Dynasty-dispersal draft (1 Viewer)

I am expecting I will run a waiver every day at 11amET starting Monday (I would do earlier but want to make sure everyone knows). at least until opening day. If we like it we can carry it through. i wouldn't mind weekly waivers but I don't want to slow this league down from activity any more. I think the every day waiver will be good. After the waiver is run that day its fcfs until the games start, thats why I went 11am. West coast guys will have more time after the games and east coast guys will have mornings to look. I gotta see what the options are for all this on sportsline. If everyone locks first game or if guys lock as thier games come. Im leaning towards keeping the current waiver order with Berserker first (as he says, I have no clue what the order is yet) and putting the new guys at the end opposite the order they drafted. Otherwise we would have to dice roll. Thoughts?

I am expecting I will run a waiver every day at 11amET starting Monday (I would do earlier but want to make sure everyone knows). at least until opening day. If we like it we can carry it through. i wouldn't mind weekly waivers but I don't want to slow this league down from activity any more. I think the every day waiver will be good. After the waiver is run that day its fcfs until the games start, thats why I went 11am. West coast guys will have more time after the games and east coast guys will have mornings to look. I gotta see what the options are for all this on sportsline. If everyone locks first game or if guys lock as thier games come. Im leaning towards keeping the current waiver order with Berserker first (as he says, I have no clue what the order is yet) and putting the new guys at the end opposite the order they drafted. Otherwise we would have to dice roll. Thoughts?
That sounds good to me.

34.3 Troy Glaus

Im out til later tonite. Just go ahead and skip me the rest of the way, and I'll make up my picks when I get back.

I have Bender/PIK's pick via PM.

So once greedy picks, I'll post that, Hoos is skipped by request and it's back to NV.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized this is it. Round 35 then stop. 34 man rosters. I will play with waivers later but until then NO MOVES AFTER THE DRAFT! I'll give the word when you can start making claims. hopefully later tonight. :kicksrock:

I just realized this is it. Round 35 then stop. 34 man rosters. I will play with waivers later but until then NO MOVES AFTER THE DRAFT! I'll give the word when you can start making claims. hopefully later tonight. :lmao:
:thumbup:

I just realized this is it. Round 35 then stop. 34 man rosters. I will play with waivers later but until then NO MOVES AFTER THE DRAFT! I'll give the word when you can start making claims. hopefully later tonight. :thumbup:
I thought we had 36 man rosters? Not a big deal. How many DL spots do we get?35.5 Brandon Lyon, RP

That sounds good to me.
In the past, rosters locked at the start of the first game. I never understood why we did it that way. I think everyone would prefer each player is locked at HIS gametime. When free yahoo can do it, why not expensive CBS?PIK, you should be able to change that setting. If not, a nasty-gram to CBS is probably in order. Jim Nance is on stand by.

That sounds good to me.
In the past, rosters locked at the start of the first game. I never understood why we did it that way. I think everyone would prefer each player is locked at HIS gametime. When free yahoo can do it, why not expensive CBS?PIK, you should be able to change that setting. If not, a nasty-gram to CBS is probably in order. Jim Nance is on stand by.
I usually play in Yahoo leagues and have gotten accustomed to being able to change up until each player's game. I guess I kind of assumed we could do that. It's an absolute must for Milton Bradley owners, especially now that he's on the west coast.

Are we sure there is actually a 36th roster spot? Is that counting the DL slot?
Yes. I just looked at BZone and the original draft was 36 rounds. The CBS site also shows 36. The DL spot makes 37.
It probably makes little difference in the grand scheme of things but we should either make returning teams release a player to get back to 36 or temporarily increase pre-season rosters to 37 until the injury slot opens up

Yes. I just looked at BZone and the original draft was 36 rounds. The CBS site also shows 36. The DL spot makes 37.
It probably makes little difference in the grand scheme of things but we should either make returning teams release a player to get back to 36 or temporarily increase pre-season rosters to 37 until the injury slot opens up
We've only done 35 rounds. In fact if it's 36, I should be on the clock for 36.1... just waiting for the official decision.

We've only done 35 rounds. In fact if it's 36, I should be on the clock for 36.1... just waiting for the official decision.
Most of the returning teams have 37 players rostered because the injury slot hasn't reset from last year.

Most of the returning teams have 37 players rostered because the injury slot hasn't reset from last year.
Oh, nm, read your post wrong.

shake zula said:
So what's going on?
Im busy trying to sort out 17 NCAA tickets. I have 5 for thurs night for sale. Sect 126 row A. Just off court corner. Face $75, I paid $125 but now I don't feel like going to both sessions. Georgetown, Tenn., San Diego and I forget. Waivers will be run Monday. Someone post that at cbs and tell greco and mia's. TIA. Ill be back Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
shake zula said:
So what's going on?
Im busy trying to sort out 17 NCAA tickets. I have 5 for thurs night for sale. Sect 126 row A. Just off court corner. Face $75, I paid $125 but now I don't feel like going to both sessions. Georgetown, Tenn., San Diego and I forget. Waivers will be run Monday. Someone post that at cbs and tell greco and mia's. TIA. Ill be back Friday.
Is there going to be a one-time pre-season waiver cycle and then first-come, first served during the season. Or are we going to a weekly waiver wire?

shake zula said:
So what's going on?
Is there going to be a one-time pre-season waiver cycle and then first-come, first served during the season. Or are we going to a weekly waiver wire?
First come first serve all the time. That's how we've been doing it all along. I'm not interested in this league changing #### up. That's how it was set up and that's how it should stay.

shake zula said:
So what's going on?
First come first serve all the time. That's how we've been doing it all along. I'm not interested in this league changing #### up. That's how it was set up and that's how it should stay.
I'm gonna copy this to the new 'official' league thread.

Users who are viewing this thread