What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

#SFB11 - Scott Fish Bowl & Satellite Leagues (1 Viewer)

Lehigh98

Footballguy
Invitations just went out to the Scott Fish Bowl satellite leagues, anyone else in and want to talk strategy?

What is #SFB11?

SFB is the premier pro-am tournament in the fantasy football industry bringing together every fantasy football analyst in the industry, many famous celebrities, former professional athletes, and hundreds upon hundreds of fans. It's about community, networking, and of course raising money for worthwhile causes. SFB has raised hundreds of thousand of dollars for charity. This tournament, which drafts in early July, has become known as the unofficial start of fantasy football season for many.

Scoring

Scoring is fractional (meaning 4 yards rushing = .4 points, 1 yard passing = .04 points, etc)

Passing:

6 point passing TD

-4 point interception

-2 point interception for TD

1 point for 25 yards passing (.04/per),

2 point per 2 point conversions

-1 point per sack

-1 point per incompletion

.5 points per completion

Rushing:

6 point rushing TD

1 point for 10 yards rushing (.1/per),

2 points for 2 point conversions

.5 point per 1st down

Receiving:

6 point receiving

1 point for 10 yards receiving (.1/per),

2 points for 2 point conversions,

.5 point per 1st down

.5 point per reception

TE:

Extra .5 point per first down

Extra .5 point per reception

Kicking:

Decimal Scoring for FG (37 yarder = 3.7 points, 24 yarder = 2.4 points)

1 point for an extra point

-3 for a missed FG

-1 for a missed XP

Returns:

6 point for any return TD

6 points if your player recovers a ball in the endzone for a TD

Draft

The drafts start July 5th, 2021 at 10am EST

It will be a slow draft style played on MyFantasyLeague.com.

The 2021 draft will be a 3rd round reversal

8 hour pick timer

Overnight shutoff: 2AM to 8am EST

The draft will be 22 rounds, snake style.

Basic Rules

1920 Teams

160 leagues (divisions) of 12 teams

20 conferences

22 round slow draft.

Start: 1-2 QB, 2-6 RB, 3-7 WR 1-5 TE, 0-4 K (11 Total -- 4 are flexes)

Bench: 11 players

No Defenses

No Trading Allowed

Waivers: $100 Blind Bidding

Waiver Moves

Waivers will run Wednesday at 1PM EST.

After 1PM EST Wed. It will be First Come, Firse Serve until kickoff of each player's game.

The first waiver run is the Wednesday before week 1 at 1PM EST

Waiver Moves Once Eliminated

If your team has been eliminated from the playoffs, you are not allowed to make waiver moves.

Best Ball Satellite Tournament

The winner of each DIVISION will get an #SFB12 invite. Last year it was simply winner's of a conference.

You do not set lineups, it is simply a draft

You can change your team name to whatever you want.

Scoring is total points, week 1-17.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my satellite invite this AM.

Hope this Thread picks up. I have a very hard time believing that many FBG's aren't participating in SFB.

Received my satellite invite this AM.

Hope this Thread picks up. I have a very hard time believing that many FBG's aren't participating in SFB.
I'm picking #10 and signed up for a SFB mock to try out the spot, if the real draft goes like this to start I'll be happy...

1.10 Murray, Kyler ARI QB

2.03 Taylor, Jonathan IND RB

3.03 Jones, Aaron GBP RB

4.10 Metcalf, DK SEA WR

5.03 Brown, A.J. TEN WR (Q)

so for the satellite tournament there is no playoffs and no H2H weelky matchups right?

New to SFB and also my first best-ball and superflex draft/league... so... yay ^^ I wonder how the switch to best-ball affects the importance of QBs and TEs compared to a normal SFB? I would expect both positions to be slightly less valuable compared to RB & WR due to the higher volatility (and thus potentially also a higher ceiling) of RB&WR. In contrary, I feel TE is more of a high-floor-play due to the TE-premium, but limited ceiling due to still relatively little overall targets/yards compared to RB&WR... Am I completely wrong here? Any thoughts? :D

Joined the Scott Fish Bowl for the first time.  I see it is Superflex and TE premium.  Any suggestions from veterans on roster construction? I pick from 1.09 spot so I feel I will have shot at top 3 QB, stud RB, or stud WR to start.

I am in SFB11. Recommended having a couple of QB strategies, figure out the TE premium, take a couple of home run swings, handcuff other teams RBs. The big home run I hit last year was drafting Herbert late.  I was aggressive on the waiver line and that paid off for me versus "saving $$".  I'd rather have something of value for a longer period of time.  I pick at #5 this year and will most likely get a QB.  Then I can pick value for while, I plan to build depth via WR so will likely target RB round 2 and dart throw TEs.  No idea what to do with kicker yet.

There were some tools available on "live" ADP, that was helpful last year when I had no clue.  I need to go find it for tis year.  The league I was in was on the late side so got a good snapshot and ideas on who to draft. 

I can blog here on the draft if that is worthwhile.

I 'lucked' into the first overall pick in my League. In a unique format like this, I think I'd prefer to draft from the middle. Those swings are going to be brutal.

I 'lucked' into the first overall pick in my League. In a unique format like this, I think I'd prefer to draft from the middle. Those swings are going to be brutal.
Isn't this year a third-round reversal or something? You'll get 1.01, 2.12, 3.12, 4.01, etc.

Is that right?

I'm glad to be participating in this. That said, there's so much unique being packed into the starting lineup/scoring parameters, that luck is going to play a bigger factor in the outcome of this contest than I'd normally be comfortable playing with. If this involved risking an entry fee, I'm not sure I'd play, and I've been playing National High Stakes since Year 1 WCOFF.

FTR, with all the aforementioned unique going on, adding 3rd-Round reversal to 12-Team Leagues is absolute overkill.

I am in SFB11. Recommended having a couple of QB strategies, figure out the TE premium, take a couple of home run swings, handcuff other teams RBs. The big home run I hit last year was drafting Herbert late.  I was aggressive on the waiver line and that paid off for me versus "saving $$".  I'd rather have something of value for a longer period of time.  I pick at #5 this year and will most likely get a QB.  Then I can pick value for while, I plan to build depth via WR so will likely target RB round 2 and dart throw TEs.  No idea what to do with kicker yet.

There were some tools available on "live" ADP, that was helpful last year when I had no clue.  I need to go find it for tis year.  The league I was in was on the late side so got a good snapshot and ideas on who to draft. 

I can blog here on the draft if that is worthwhile.
I think it would be helpful to blog on the draft.  I figured I couldn't go wrong with stud QB or TE with first pick, but really want some insight from those that have played before.  Think reflecting back on your lineups you felt were more successful and how you constructed them would be helpful as well. For instance, the year I waited on RB I loved the turnout or QB QB was a terrible choice.

I’m in for the first time ever. This thread will be extremely helpful in establishing a draft strategy the next couple of days cause I’m at a loss right now as far as draft strategy 

Draft top scoring kickers late and use them in the flex spots they will go undervalued in that scoring system.  I dislike the -3 for FG's I think that should be for only FG's that are 49 yards or less it's going to be pretty brutal when a team trots out Tucker for a 65 yarder with 2 seconds left in the 1st half knowing your getting a -3 on that.

I would love to be in this league.  One thing I dislike is how devalued WR's are they go way too late but that is because the prime QB's are at a premium, RB's get pts per carry and TE's get double PPR and double 1st down pts (1 as opposed to 0.5)

Instead of snake draft or 3RR I set my leagues to random every other round.  It is the only true way of fairness.  If you get pick 1 this shouldn't mean you get 24/25 and it also shouldn't mean you get 24/36.  Maybe you get 1/24/30/43 or maybe its 1/24/27/46 ect.

That said I know no one would like this because when you view the board it wouldn't go in a straight line.  Been running my own local leagues since 1990 always have done the random pull every other round for true fairness.

I know I'm in a satellite League, and not the main Tournament, but my in my Conference (8 12-Team Leagues), 3 Drafts have yet to start (as in, the 1.01 hasn't picked yet), and the Drafts kicked off at 10am, and not a single Draft in the Conference has gotten past pick 1.05. Yes, there's an 8-hour clock, but still...maybe that shouldn't bug me, but it does.

I took Dak at 1.09.  Not sure if that is a reach, but wanted one stud QB.

Went with QB at #5, Lamar Jackson.  Thus far: Mahomes, Allen, Murray, McCaffrey, Jackson

QBs tend to fly off the board, otherwise I would have gone for Kelce.  Dak I thought about, but decided on Lamar since stacking was cheaper overall.  Likely Pitts and Hockenson go before Andrews, so I can see how TE unfolds rather than commit up front.  Next pick I will likely target value at RB or QB.  The position runs are something to keep an eye on.

Fires off in just under an hour...

...the McCaffrey vs Mahomes at 1.01 debate is real...
I seen mostly Mahomes at 1.01 looking over about 50 of these leagues but for sure not every draft.

Seen CMC like 20% of the time and Kelce a couple times.

1 league I was shocked beyond shocked Cook went 1.03 and CMC fell to 1.06.  That is amazing.

That is what is great about this format (except how they kill the high level WR value) That the QB's, TE's and RB's all can go anywhere in the 1st round even the guy who is the 1.01 in 99.99% of normal drafts falling to 1.06.

That said I dislike how bad the top WR value is being crushed you won't see a single WR in the 1st round of many of these drafts as QB's and TE's get pushed up the board.

If Scott Fish could figure a way (starting 3 WR's isn't doing the trick) to get the WR value higher then it would really do wonders for the league.  My suggest have WR's at 0.75 PPR and 0.75 1st down (instead of being same as RB's at 0.5 and 0.5) while TE's are 1.0 and 1.0

Made my first two picks and agonized a bit over the second.  I'm picking 1.10 and after McCaffrey, Mahomes, Cook, Kamara, Allen, Kelce, Henry, Waller, Tyreek... I went with Kyler Murray.

Next picks were Lamar, Kittle, Devante, and Wilson.

At 2.03 I had to decide between giving myself some flexibility and taking Saquon or hammering the important QB position.  I felt like with 3RR and being back up in 11-12 picks it was more likely I could find a good RB with upside at 3.03.  Next decision was which QB.  Rodgers could be #1 in the format again and I thought about go big or go home but also  thought Dak could be primed for a big year too with maybe less risk.  Crossed my fingers and picked Dak.  Thinking / hoping that other teams will scramble to get their QB (7 teams don't have one yet and pick once before my 3.03) and push some talent down to me.

Link to my draft if interested... https://www73.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=16025&O=17&DISPLAY=DIVISION01

@Lehigh98Kyler and Dak, better start than me IMO (Jackson, Brady).  My draft as follows:

https://www73.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=62114&O=17

Rd 1: Mahomes, Allen, Murray, McCaffrey, Jackson, Kelce, Wilson, Prescott, Cook, Hill, Herbert, Waller

Rd 2: Henry, Kamara, Elliott, Rodgers, Stafford, Barkley, Taylor, Brady, Tannehill, Kittle, Chubb, Adams

My hope is that Lamar's running and Brady's efficiency provide solid floors with some ceiling, and I have a couple of stacking targets that are not too costly.  I will be monitoring RBs, this could get a bit ugly if I do not get one in round 3.  The WR pool and the relative value flatness says wait, wait, wait on WR so most drafters are doing just that.  I agree with @Dez on boosting the WR value somehow.

@Lehigh98Kyler and Dak, better start than me IMO (Jackson, Brady).  My draft as follows:

https://www73.myfantasyleague.com/2021/options?L=62114&O=17

Rd 1: Mahomes, Allen, Murray, McCaffrey, Jackson, Kelce, Wilson, Prescott, Cook, Hill, Herbert, Waller

Rd 2: Henry, Kamara, Elliott, Rodgers, Stafford, Barkley, Taylor, Brady, Tannehill, Kittle, Chubb, Adams

My hope is that Lamar's running and Brady's efficiency provide solid floors with some ceiling, and I have a couple of stacking targets that are not too costly.  I will be monitoring RBs, this could get a bit ugly if I do not get one in round 3.  The WR pool and the relative value flatness says wait, wait, wait on WR so most drafters are doing just that.  I agree with @Dez on boosting the WR value somehow.
Doesn't look like that link takes you to your draft?  Doesn't seem to work for me anyway.  Did mine above work for you?

Pretty happy with my draft through 6.

1.07- Kyler

2.06- Zeke

3.06- Diggs

4.07- Mixon

5.06- Hockenson

6.07- Carr

miqws said:

Rd 3: Hurts, Burrow, Ryan, Lance, Pitts, Ekeler, Jones, Mixon, Lawrence, Akers, Hopkins, Diggs

Lots of WR still available.  I am likely to pick another RB rather than stack Andrews at 4.05.  Maybe he falls to round 5, but doubt it.

Rd 3: Hurts, Burrow, Ryan, Lance, Pitts, Ekeler, Jones, Mixon, Lawrence, Akers, Hopkins, Diggs

Lots of WR still available.  I am likely to pick another RB rather than stack Andrews at 4.05.  Maybe he falls to round 5, but doubt it.
Wow, QBs really flew off the board in your draft.  I should have paid closer attention to the difference I'll see in drafting with the best ball format in the satellites.  Rodgers and Brady didn't go until 2.12 and 3.01.  (The guy that took McCaffrey at 1.01 got Rodgers at 2.12, that could be trouble for the rest of us.)  If they made it back to me at 3.03 I would have regretted going Dak over Saquon at 2.03.  Maybe I didn't need to grab two top QB's right away.  Time will tell I guess.  I took Nick Chubb at 3.03.

4 of the 8 Divisions (Leagues) in my Conference are still drafting in the 2nd Round...I'm just happy to be here, but I have to wonder if some folks, who get placed in a satellite, just don't care like they would if they were in the Main Event.

If you win your satellite, you're automatically in the ME next year. That ought to be incentive enough, as there are always a huge excess of folks who sign up for the ME field. Play for not having to sweat whether you're in or not? Sign me up!

Pretty obvious that the way the Flex is configured, intersecting with the scoring system, that's the reason why WR are getting pushed down the Drafts. I love a 11-man Lineup that includes 4 Flex spots, no Defense/ST and optional PK...but when you're allowed to use all your FL at any of RB(2-6), WR(3-7) and TE(1-5), combined with these particular scoring parameters, it's what's going to happen.

You can only start 1-2 QB. Great. I can get behind allowing all 4 FL at WR, but allowing it for RB and TE skews the Draft.

They tweak the lineup/scoring rules every year, but this year, it seems like they might have been 'tweaking', themselves. I enjoy exotic rule sets that force you to think outside the box. As a Commissioner/Founder of many Leagues for over 20 years, I pride myself on doing just that...but this year's approach is like 'pieces parts' - everything including the kitchen sink, along with the totally unnecessary 3rd-Round Reversal.

http://www.janeskrazy.com/

That being said, I'm thrilled to be involved, and hope to get lucky enough to land a ME berth for 2022.

I couldn't help myself :lmao: :

Round 1: Mahomes, McCaffrey, JAllen, KMurray, Cook, Kamara, Henry, LJackson, Barkley, Kelce, Tyreek, Adams >>>

Round 2: Brady (2.12), Hurts, Diggs, Chubb, AJones, JTaylor, Herbert, Kittle, RWilson, Prescott, Elliott, Waller <<<

Here comes the 3rd Rd Reversal. Calculated risk as to what might fall to 3.12 if I doubled up do-it-all Mahomes with the model of QB efficiency.

So far in Round 3: Tannehill, ARodgers...

I couldn't help myself :lmao: :

Round 1: Mahomes, McCaffrey, JAllen, KMurray, Cook, Kamara, Henry, LJackson, Barkley, Kelce, Tyreek, Adams >>>

Round 2: Brady (2.12), Hurts, Diggs, Chubb, AJones, JTaylor, Herbert, Kittle, RWilson, Prescott, Elliott, Waller <<<

Here comes the 3rd Rd Reversal. Calculated risk as to what might fall to 3.12 if I doubled up do-it-all Mahomes with the model of QB efficiency.

So far in Round 3: Tannehill, ARodgers...
Where would you draft D. Watson in a league like this? Or would you avoid all together?

That's a good question...in one of my Conferences Divisions (Leagues), that's gotten that far, he went at 4.09.

You have to have the stones to make some pretty big calls in this thing that might/might not pan out at various points in the Draft. I wouldn't take him early while I'm building a core of studs, and then with the way WR seems to be playing out, it's hard to pull that trigger when there's values to be scooped up. Somewhere in the middle Rounds? Watson probably goes before I have a comfortable enough cushion where I risk him not playing for some amount of time. I don't see how he gets off scott-free, and if he gets moved, what do you get during the learning-curve phase?

Watson's current SFB11 ADP is 60, that would be too rich for me.  Going in the same area is Fitzpatrick or Roethlisberger which one could pivot to.  I would definitely want to have a top five QB to attempt this - QB floor was very important last year.  Last year I had Mahomes and got a low end QB2 (Garappolo) and then picked Herbert late.  So if you pick Watson (or any other risky QB), I would also take a third QB stab (ex. Bridgewater/Lock, Mac Jones, Tyrod).  Even with Brady and Lamar I may take a third QB, can start in bye weeks.  One can do worse in late rounds.

Watson's current SFB11 ADP is 60, that would be too rich for me.  Going in the same area is Fitzpatrick or Roethlisberger which one could pivot to.  I would definitely want to have a top five QB to attempt this - QB floor was very important last year.  Last year I had Mahomes and got a low end QB2 (Garappolo) and then picked Herbert late.  So if you pick Watson (or any other risky QB), I would also take a third QB stab (ex. Bridgewater/Lock, Mac Jones, Tyrod).  Even with Brady and Lamar I may take a third QB, can start in bye weeks.  One can do worse in late rounds.
What round would you consider him?  I see not in first 5 rounds since 60 is too rich.  Start considering him rounds 6, 7, 8 or even later?

3/4 turn came back to me late last night...

1.01: QB Mahomes

2.12: QB Brady

Round 3: Dobbins, Mixon, NHarris, Cousins, Ridley, Metcalf, Hopkins, Akers, CEH, Ekeler, ARodgers, Tannehill<<<

Round 4: MAndrews, MThomas, Burrow, Fields, MSanders, AGibson(4.06), KAllen>>>

I had hoped Najee Harris would fall to me, but alas, no. If he had, I might have passed on Andrews and taken my chances at TE on the next turn, and gone RB/RB here...but it's a nice perk to get an potential elite TE in this format, and I want to be in a position to take advantage of the WR boat likely headed my way at 5/6.

I was taking Dobbins here, regardless. With the Dobbins/Andrews stack, and with all due respect to Gus Edwards, who will get his, I think I nailed down a boatload of Ravens offensive stats, and mitigated QB/QB by getting an upper-tier featured TE and an RB1 from an elite rushing offense.

This is the latest I've seen Antonio Gibson go, and I am going to take some crap for passing on him, I'm sure, because he's been going mid-to-late-3rd, but not making it back to the 3/4 turn mostly. I'm a HUGE WFTskins fan, and I like Gibson a lot, but I'm sticking to my guns regarding my expectations about how their offense is going to play out this year. That is, two things: 1 - before the start of the Season, there will be a RB on the Roster that will supplant Peyton Barber, and do better in that role than him, and get touches, and 2 - with the addition of CSamuel and DBrown (and maybe even Humphries), this offense will be very 'Team Oriented' in it's approach to winning, and statistically will yield a group of above-average Players with no true 'standout' performers. I'm going to die on that hill, until I see otherwise, and for better or worse I have nothing else to go on in early July, so...

What round would you consider him?  I see not in first 5 rounds since 60 is too rich.  Start considering him rounds 6, 7, 8 or even later?
I think you have to read your league and trust your gut.  The variance is unpredictable, if you are committed to the strategy then I think jumping in early is better than late.  Really hard to know when is too early, part of the reason why I decided not to go with that strategy.  Plus I think Houston is just a huge mess.  But let's say Denver trades Lock + (a boatload) and gets Watson.  Wow!  Low probability, but you are playing with a bunch of sharks.  How many sixth rounders can be league winners?  I would stack with B. Cooks, the price is cheap enough to just do it. 

Rd 4: Harris, Sanders, Ridley, Edwards-Helaire, Gibson, Cousins, Gaskins, Swift, Metcalf, Hockenson, Jefferson, Brown

I still do not have a WR or TE.  Hope Andrews falls to me at 5.05 for a stack.  If not I am OK with waiting longer at TE.  

Dammit, after my Kyler / Dak / Chubb start it came back around to me with Swift, CEH, and Dobbbins all on the board and me having 2 of the next 6 picks.  I took Swift but CEH, Dobbins, and even Sanders all went before my pick.  I'm up with the following available: Jacobs, Montgomery, Gaskin, Hunt (good to pair with Chubb in case one goes down and the other gets full load?), D Carr, Goedert, L Thomas, Robinson, Woods, Cooper, Lamb.

Too early for a TE?  Don't have one yet and missed the tier drop at RB.  

Take Cooper or Lamb to pair with Dak?  Not sure that matters in satellite where is only cumulative points?

Hunt with Chubb to cover that production and then hit WR hard for a bunch of guys in best ball format?

Tough call...

Dammit, after my Kyler / Dak / Chubb start it came back around to me with Swift, CEH, and Dobbbins all on the board and me having 2 of the next 6 picks.  I took Swift but CEH, Dobbins, and even Sanders all went before my pick.  I'm up with the following available: Jacobs, Montgomery, Gaskin, Hunt (good to pair with Chubb in case one goes down and the other gets full load?), D Carr, Goedert, L Thomas, Robinson, Woods, Cooper, Lamb.

Too early for a TE?  Don't have one yet and missed the tier drop at RB.  

Take Cooper or Lamb to pair with Dak?  Not sure that matters in satellite where is only cumulative points?

Hunt with Chubb to cover that production and then hit WR hard for a bunch of guys in best ball format?

Tough call...
In BB, I think your 2 RB start is perfect. After that tier drop, research has shown receivers considerably outscore RBs in this part of the draft. Because it is bestball, you can now wait quite a while on RBs and load up 3-4 guys in the later rounds that fall to value (guys like Damian Harris, Conner, Moss, Gio, Pollard, Mattison, Gus, D Henderson) that you can get usable weeks if needed, and if they end up being bigger parts of their offense, you get a huge edge on your draft room. You likely want to be filling most of your flexes with WRs, as on average, they have a much higher weekly ceiling than any of the RBs you're going to get in the rest of your draft. 

Also, I think stacking is still important in best ball. If Dak absolutely smashes, that means there is an incredibly good chance Cooper, Lamb, and Gallup have good seasons. Stacking a couple of them together captures all the upside if their offense is top-3 in the league. 

Users who are viewing this thread