What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shawn Barber in Philly for a physical (1 Viewer)

Deranged Hermit

Not cool & Pissed
This according to 610 WIP. If he pases the physical, he's an Eagle at 12:01....

*edit* 610 is a local Philly sports talk radio station.

Last edited by a moderator:

They dont have to wait until 12:01 to sign him. He was released. They can sign him at 12:01 this afternoon if they want.

They dont have to wait until 12:01 to sign him. He was released. They can sign him at 12:01 this afternoon if they want.
The 12:01 was added by me. I thought he was a F/A, not cut. Still though, if healthy, Barber could significantly help a very weak position right now.

The 12:01 was added by me. I thought he was a F/A, not cut. Still though, if healthy, Barber could significantly help a very weak position right now.
The "if healthy" thing worries me but you are right

WOuldnt surprise me, seeing as KC nabbed him from Philly. Hopefully he can still make a good contribution, but that injury he suffered was a nasty one.

WOuldnt surprise me, seeing as KC nabbed him from Philly. Hopefully he can still make a good contribution, but that injury he suffered was a nasty one.
Yes, if he's not the only LB addition they make I'll be ok with Barber as the nickel LB.

Eagles have done this before, so I'm not really surprised but I'm also not very excited about Barber's return either. The Birds made the right decision in letting him leave for KC instead of overpaying him and since then, he's been injured more often than not. But much like the returns of Trotter and Douglas, I'm sure the Birds will be bringing him back for a small salary with incentives.

I find it fascinating that yet another guy, cast aside by the team, is willing to come back for significantly less $$$. It's a real testament to the quality of the organization and the locker room. We could use a familiar veteran presence who actually wants to be in Philly after the TO debacle.

Eagles Sign Shawn Barber and Juqua Thomas

Andy Schwartz

3/8/2006

Another former Eagle has returned to Philadelphia.

Like Jeremiah Trotter and Hugh Douglas before him, Shawn Barber has rejoined the Eagles after having left for a richer deal from another team.

Barber, an eight-year veteran, signed a one-year deal with the Eagles on Wednesday.

The 31-year-old Barber spent his first four NFL seasons with the Redskins before signing with the Eagles in 2002. He parlayed an excellent season into a big money deal from Kansas City, where he has spent the last three years. However, after starting 16 games in his first season with the Chiefs, Barber was sidelined by assorted injuries and played only a total of 11 games in the last two seasons. His primary injury was a torn left ACL in November, 2004.

Barber likely will return to his spot at weakside linebacker and supplant Keith Adams. Adams is an unrestricted free agent, but the Eagles could re-sign him for his value on special teams.

After spending his first four seasons in Philadelphia, Trotter played two years with the Redskins before re-signing with the Eagles in 2004.

Douglas played five seasons of his final six seasons with the Eagles. He played the 2003 season with the Jaguars before the Eagles signed him in 2004, his final year as a player. Douglas was made “team ambassador” last season.

The Eagles also re-signed defensive end Juqua Thomas to a one-year deal.

http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com

Users who are viewing this thread