What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SHAWN WIEBER booted me out of his league for missing 1 week of submitt (2 Viewers)

How is his name being trashed? Nobody is insulting him as a person
Your lover brought this on himself
Shawn seemed a little up and down fairly often. Bipolar? I don't know.
How bad are you trying to make yourself look here?
Wow! You're right. I guess those are pretty inflammatory and hurtful...if you have a soft underbelly and lack of vital male anatomy as you appear to have. I forgot the liberals run the world now. Let me put my kid gloves back on. Don't want to offend anyone. My apologies if I hurt your feelings and will cause you to lose sleep tonight. Feel free to continue trolling my thread...or you could leave. But I don't want you to feel like I am forcing your hand here. Whatever you want. I will continue to shrug off your vainglorious posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha,ha! You guys entertain me!

I was invited to join the league in question by a mutual friend of mine and Shawn's. I didn't mind the "strictness" of the site really. I was really active during the offseason pulling off trades, the draft, and free agency building my team. Then ofcourse when the season rolls around I didn't really need to do much to improve my team...I had solid depth. When I needed a FA, I picked one up. I thought the site was cool. The design was pretty intense and required a lot of work (one of the other owners in the league wrote a bunch of code to make it the way it was). It really looked good...one of the best looking sites I've seen. But due to the scripts or whatever (I'm not a Java or whatever technician) it caused my phone to choke and I couldn't get it to function properly on my phone. I made the commish aware of this long ago. I was able to set my lineups from my work computer but they recently took away that access. I made the attempt to submit a lineup every week. I'm human, I could have screwed up something. I don't remember there being an option to use last weeks lineup and with the kind of league this is...I wouldn't doubt if there wasn't one.

The guy never made an attempt to contact me even though I had that info in my profile on the site. I tried to submit my lineup for week 14 before the Thursday game and that is when I realized he erased my account. I received no warning as to what was about to take place. I had the first round bye in the playoffs (had the best record in the league). Thus...a strong contender for the championship. I was in the championship game last year as well.

Another thing that doesn't seem right, is HE QUIT at the beginning of the year (for whatever reason). We were taking polls to see who wanted to take over commish duties. But he continued to hang around...I'm not sure what the hell was going down. Shawn seemed a little up and down fairly often. Bipolar? I don't know. So when he said he was quitting, I figured he didn't care if we wrote our articles or not...and I'm not the only one that didn't. As a matter of fact, I only remember a couple articles being written. I don't think he kicked anyone else out. He seems to be all over the grid. And it's ok for him to be wishy washy but is intolerant of other owners? WTF?

You don't kick a guy out of the league headed to the playoffs. THAT is a tool move. Boot me after the season...that's cool...understandable since I didn't meet the inconsistent requirements.

I just figured I'd let people know about the guy so you don't get robbed by him.

Carry on.
You're crazy PIP!! I have never had an issue with the site on my phone. I would also be willing to bet that the other owners in the league have never had an issue as well. So don't go using that as an excuse why you couldn't put a lineup in.

I deal with this same bull#### in the league I commish and I don't understand for the life of me how hard it is to submit a lineup?? He also doesn't need to send you reminders. You're an adult and shouldn't need reminders to visit the site or that you forgot to submit a lineup.

FYI, it's in the bylaws that any owner that doesn't submit a lineup is immediately kicked out of the league. Guess somebody forgot to read the bylaws :doh:

Warpig glad you didn't join us in Roster Wars. Just remember snitches get stitches. You spoke ill of Shawn now you dead to me! Dont even think of entering the Neutral zone cause my Romulan warbird will destroy your warpig.

Warpig, did you get your money returned to you?

I assure you that the league lost out on this more than you did since I am well aware of how much time goes into each and every team in a league like this. Quite a bit of time went into your team on their end and in the end they got an owner who couldn't deliver and they were nice enough to return your money to you. I think throwing Shawns name out on this forum in a negative light was weak on your part.

People should be so lucky to have a commish who puts in as much effort as the one you had. Way to screw that up dude.

How is his name being trashed? Nobody is insulting him as a person
Your lover brought this on himself
Shawn seemed a little up and down fairly often. Bipolar? I don't know.
How bad are you trying to make yourself look here?
Wow! You're right. I guess those are pretty inflammatory and hurtful...if you have a soft underbelly and lack of vital male anatomy as you appear to have. I forgot the liberals run the world now. Let me put my kid gloves back on. Don't want to offend anyone. My apologies if I hurt your feelings and will cause you to lose sleep tonight. Feel free to continue trolling my thread...or you could leave. But I don't want you to feel like I am forcing your hand here. Whatever you want. I will continue to shrug off your vainglorious posts.
oh no he di'int

Wow, over five pages all about me before I even make a single post here, I am honored.

Lets recap. In the last few days, I have been called a few things on a forum that I have never even posted on.
hypocrite
SHAWN WIENER AMIRITE
#####
Commissioner Goober
wiener
Shawn and his family are ****
any plans to use the WIENER burn on him
a big, 10 foot ****
Isn't he that annoying teen singer with the stupid hair cut? (this one was funny)
petty and childish
most likely a virgin
Adolph Wieber
Bipolar
wishy washy
a tool
worse than Jean Boyd
So why has this happened? Because I am a Commissioner that follows through with the rules. If you don't like the rules in my league, or if you don't like that I follow through with them, that is fine, but there is no reason for what is above.

I guess I really don't understand how there is so much debate going on about this. If you are playing fantasy football, all you have to do is submit a lineup. So I removed a guy who wasn't playing fantasy football in a fantasy football league. He got all of his money back, so this shouldn't even be a discussion.

As for the articles, don't knock it til you try it :D Owners only write one a year. One. That's it. Some of our owners were hesitant as well, but in the end, 10 out of 12 owners wrote one and did a fine job. Most people, including myself, have simply written them out on the message board. The most creative one came from our league's graphics guru.
http://www.ghostxray.com/images/MFL/Leagues/2013GLS/GTDPaper.jpg

I do completely agree with Ben, though. If you cannot submit a lineup, then "DO NOT JOIN A LEAGUE COMMISHED BY SHAWN WIEBER!"

But if you can submit a lineup, our league does need 2 replacement owners and 2 owners for expansion teams. It is a 12 team league, going to 14 next season, and 16 teams in 2015. If you are interested, check out our site and register on the message board. We will be glad to have you! www.gridirontavern.com

Other notes,
I am not on facebook.
I am footing the bill for the Punishers $55 fee, the rest of his winnings are being returned to the league members.
There is a $55 deposit to keep people from tanking their team and leaving. The bottom 3 teams don't get it back if they leave. In that case the deposit is forwarded to the new owner.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the expansion draft done? I would consider a spot as an expansion owner if I thought the system was fair. If it a system like the Panthers and Jaguars experienced where the team can be competitive the first year and good in year 2, that would be cool. But if the expansion system is such that the two teams will be unlikely to compete for several years like the Falcons, Saints and Dolphins in the 1960s, then I wouldn't join.

With all the leagues out there to join or create (I will be starting a second dynasty league in 2014), I wouldn't play in one where my team would be guaranteed to be garbage for multiple years.

How is the expansion draft done? I would consider a spot as an expansion owner if I thought the system was fair. If it a system like the Panthers and Jaguars experienced where the team can be competitive the first year and good in year 2, that would be cool. But if the expansion system is such that the two teams will be unlikely to compete for several years like the Falcons, Saints and Dolphins in the 1960s, then I wouldn't join.

With all the leagues out there to join or create (I will be starting a second dynasty league in 2014), I wouldn't play in one where my team would be guaranteed to be garbage for multiple years.
This is how I sent it to the league:

At the end of this 2013 season, we will increase the league to 14 teams, creating 2 expansion teams. In order for this to work fairly, we will have an expansion draft that will involve all 14 teams. This will be a 2 round process, and will begin when we are on our 2014 site. We will go through a period where the 12 existing teams will have a period of time to re-sign players with an expired contract, using the salary wage scale. After that is complete, I will remove all players with a zero year contract, and create a google docs spreadsheet for RFA like we did this year. Prior to the RFA we will begin the expansion draft.

In the first round, the 12 existing teams will select 12 players on their roster that they want to keep. Then the two expansion teams will have a serpentine draft where each expansion team will take one player off of each of the 12 existing team's roster. At this point, all 14 teams have 12 players. In the second round, we will repeat what we did in the first round. At this point, all 14 teams will have 24 players. From there, all players that were not selected in the expansion draft will be placed back on their original team. Through this process, each of the 12 existing teams will lose only 4 players from their roster. Once the expansion draft is complete, we will continue the off-season as usual, with all 14 teams. RFA, Draft, FA, FCFS. In the draft, the two expansion teams will own the 1.01 and 1.02.
Considering we will start 23 players, I think this is a fair deal for everyone involved. Expansion teams will basically get 12 solid starters to build around. The other teams already have cap issues that they have to deal with and expansion teams will be starting from scratch with some good talent available in free agency. With the top 2 picks in the draft, these teams should be able to make a dent in their first year, but realistically, they probably won't be competing for the crown right away.

Users who are viewing this thread