What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sheldon Richardson DT (DE?) NY Jets (1 Viewer)

onionsack

Footballguy
I'm assuming Richardson will see snaps as both an undertackle in Rex Ryan's 4-3 looks and as 5-tech end in the 3-4 looks. Any guess on which scheme they tilt towards? What are the chances Richardson loses his DT designation in MFL? If he keeps his DT status, he should be a monster in leagues that require them.

I'm assuming Richardson will see snaps as both an undertackle in Rex Ryan's 4-3 looks and as 5-tech end in the 3-4 looks. Any guess on which scheme they tilt towards? What are the chances Richardson loses his DT designation in MFL? If he keeps his DT status, he should be a monster in leagues that require them.
showing a DE in MFL now.

showing a DE in MFL now.
10 minutes after I drafted him. :wall:

I'm still holding out hope for him that somewhere down the line the Jets tilt their scheme towards 4-3 because of their personnel. His game just screams 43 under-tackle to me: Better in pursuit than holding the point of attack; quick off the snap, big motor, a constant ####-disturber in the backfield, but frequently neutralized because of his inconsistent pad-level and hand combat skills. Seems a waste to use him as a guy soaking up double-teams at 5-tech (or at nose tackle, as the Jets were reportedly using him in early practices), but that's probably just the disappointed fantasy owner in me looking at the situation. :topcat:

Have had this guy on my scout team and am thinking of bringing him up. Any new info on him? Bracie's post brought him back to mind (thanks, Bracie!) and how PFF had him rated as one of their highest IDP's last week. Here's their quote on him:

Grade: +2.3
Snaps: 64
Analysis: Getting plenty of action (he missed just three snaps) Richardson was fantastic against the run, picking up four defensive stops as he showed off his relentless motor. The team will want to see more pressure than the one clean up sack he picked up on 31 pass rushers.
From a Keeper/Dynasty perspective I like his age (22), his time on the field (pretty much constantly), his tackle numbers (7ATk, 5Tk, .5 sack in 2 games), but I haven't gotten a chance to see him. What's he look like out there? I read that it's a matter of time before the sacks come, and he's all over the field.

Hyperbole or an accurate account?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread