What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Short-term IDP production (1 Viewer)

Lineup for you Trader Jake(did love your write ups this year. Fantastic especially in this very limited ww league)

seed 1 vs 2 in final of 15 team league Interesting #1 and 2 D on the season

DL. Josh Allen, Cam Jordan, Nick Bosa vs Brian Burns, Maxx Crosby, Q. Muhammad. 
LB. Eric Kendrick’s, Jordan Brooks, Isiah Simmons, Roquan Smith vs Deion Jones, Bobby Wagner, Jordan Hicks, CJ Mosley

DB. Kamren Curl, Von Bell, Justin Simmons, Juan Thornhill vs Kenny Moore, Quandree Diggs, Elijah Riley, Jalen Thompson. 

seed 1 won by 29 as both finished 1-2 in scoring on week. D was the difference as team 1s scored 73 more to overcome the Seattle QB-RB duo. A team full of D stars. 

The #3 team did what you did and lost in the semis by 92 pts. D was avg in semis but he seemed to pick right guys each week as was #2 in team efficiency on year. but when it came to needing it, that strategy did not work. 

His starters in semis was Aaron Donald, Sam Hubbard, Dexter Lawrence, Azeez Al Shaar, Tae Crowder, Kyzir White, Damien Wilson, Jessie Bates, Kyle Dugger, Devin McCourty, Xavier McKinney. He lost D by 40 pts. He was #4 D on season(#2 O) with this strategy but how does it look for next year. He did have Darius Leonard. All those LB other than his one star could be trash and 15 team league makes ww harder. 

Last edited by a moderator:
DEN LB Baron Browning
Broncos Player Profile: Baron Browning #56 | Edge Rusher/Linebacker

...2022 Outlook

One of the first things the coaching staff did after they were hired was to change Browning's position from off-ball linebacker to edge. The speculation is that he will be more of a hybrid linebacker, which fits his skill-set. 

There is a reason to be cautiously optimistic with Browning and the position change. After seeing some usage there in college, he isn't entirely new to the edge. That doesn't mean it will translate; if it does, it will unlikely be as effective as it was in college. 

The hope is that this doesn't destroy Browning's career and ruin him as a player. Time will tell, but he should have a good role on defense this season because your athleticism is something you want out there on the field. 

Griffith and Hollow from Houston are two young LB that caught my eye late last year. It will ve interesting to see how things shake out this summer.

Griffith and Hollow from Houston are two young LB that caught my eye late last year. It will ve interesting to see how things shake out this summer.

Wallow?  Right now Ourlads has him as the SLB, which would likely not result in much fantasy production.  

Kirksey is the MLB and will gobble up a ton of solos and assists.  And right now the rookie Harris is penciled in at WLB which would net points too.

Unfortunately Grugier-Hill, who piled up a ton of production last season, may be the odd man out.

Perhaps someone in the Houston market may have more inside info, but that's what I know right now.

Wallow?  Right now Ourlads has him as the SLB, which would likely not result in much fantasy production.  

Kirksey is the MLB and will gobble up a ton of solos and assists.  And right now the rookie Harris is penciled in at WLB which would net points too.

Unfortunately Grugier-Hill, who piled up a ton of production last season, may be the odd man out.

Perhaps someone in the Houston market may have more inside info, but that's what I know right now.
Kirksey always gets hurt so I wouldn't be surprised if this all changes sooner rather than later.  I am holding Wallow at the end of my bench for the moment and I would expect Grugier-Hill to get some run as he was all over the place last year.  I wouldn't write  him off quite yet.  

(RotoWire) Jonas Griffith has played nearly every first-string defensive snap during training camp, Ellie Kinney of the Broncos' official site reports. Analysis: Griffith appeared in 13 games for Denver last season and recorded 46 tackles and a fumble recovery, though he saw a substantial uptick in playing time over the final four weeks of his rookie campaign due to a number of injuries in the Broncos' linebacker corps. The undrafted linebacker out of Indiana State has parlayed that increased playing time into what appears to be a promotion to the starting unit during training camp. If he maintains his strong play, he'll likely crack fantasy relevancy in IDP leagues as a high-volume tackler.

(RotoWire) Jonas Griffith has played nearly every first-string defensive snap during training camp, Ellie Kinney of the Broncos' official site reports. Analysis: Griffith appeared in 13 games for Denver last season and recorded 46 tackles and a fumble recovery, though he saw a substantial uptick in playing time over the final four weeks of his rookie campaign due to a number of injuries in the Broncos' linebacker corps. The undrafted linebacker out of Indiana State has parlayed that increased playing time into what appears to be a promotion to the starting unit during training camp. If he maintains his strong play, he'll likely crack fantasy relevancy in IDP leagues as a high-volume tackler.

He's a guy I grabbed free off waivers over the last month. Which explains why he's now injured and out 4-6 weeks. :(

Both listed as a DL, who would you rather have this year (and this year only) - D Lawrence or Robert Quinn? Is it close?

Both listed as a DL, who would you rather have this year (and this year only) - D Lawrence or Robert Quinn? Is it close?
This is tough. I think it's very close. Dallas should be in the lead more leading towards more sack opportunities but DL has really disappointed (both due to injury and performance). Quinn may be a trade candidate as the Bears are not going anywhere and may get something of value. He also loses the Mack protection if he stays with the Bears as well as lesser rush opportunities as I don't think the Bears will be leading many games.

I probably lean Lawrence but not by much.

The Giants are releasing LB Blake Martinez. :oops:

He's been much, much better in fantasy football than in real life, but this move is still a surprise. Tae Crowder's value stabilizes a bit and the opportunity is now there for rookie Micah McFadden?

NYG new regime drafted McFadden in R5 and cut Martinez (fit / $$$ / who cares, really?) so I'm adding McFadden where I can. Seems like a smart, free add (assuming nobody relevant is dropped in the transaction) even if he's the first cut for week 1 waivers.

Users who are viewing this thread