What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Should the NFL schedule (1 Viewer)

Chase Stuart

Footballguy
Normally, the SB Champions are also division winners, so it's rare when the SB champion doesn't have the toughest schedule in its division.

Should the NFL make an exception and say no matter how you did in the regular season, the SB champion must play all three other division winners in its conference?

This would give us Steelers-Colts and Steelers-Jaguars instead of Steelers-Dolphins and Steelers-Jaguars (which coincidentally, is how Pittsburgh opens up the season).

I know it's not a real important issue, but I think it would be the right thing to do.

makes sense, but wouldn't this just benefit the division winner/non-super bowl team? the super bowl participants already have to draft 31 & 32 regardless of regular season divion finish

makes sense, but wouldn't this just benefit the division winner/non-super bowl team? the super bowl participants already have to draft 31 & 32 regardless of regular season divion finish
Sure it would.But the point of the NFL schedule is to make life easier on the weaker teams, and hardest on the best teams. It seems to go against the idea when the SB Champion doesn't even have the toughest schedule inside its own division.

The schedule is perfect as is. Besides, there are only 2 games that vary according to how teams finished. Everything else is setup years in advance.

I don't quite see the point.

If a wild card team wins the Super Bowl, why should that affect their schedule?

It would only be a trade of two games anyway, so you'd be trading Pittsburgh and Cincinnati's schedules of two games. Pittsburgh would face NE and INDY instead of MIA and JAX.

The top 2 teams of each division are expected to compete for the playoffs the next season anyway, and also it is likely that 1 of the 2 was a playoff team (wild card) the year before. I don't see a remarkable difference (other than games TV viewers might like more - NE/PIT and NE/INDY).

Users who are viewing this thread