What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sleeperbot > the best fantasy news app? (2 Viewers)

One update I'd like to see that I'm surprised isn't already included is the ability to silence notifications. I typically leave my phone on vibrate but I don't want a buzz for every single update (I end up checking my phone non stop because I can't differentiate between call/texts/alerts). I'd like to have the option to silence the alert but still have the icon show up and the blurb in my notification window. Every app I can think of has this feature and I'd love to see it included in this app. Otherwise this app is a great find.

FBG is always at least 18 hours behind on injury news. It's why the site is losing its appeal to pay for content you can get for $5 (DD app)

So seems fantasy news alerts are the best thing with this?  Whats the advantage of syncing a league?  Maybe on game-day for NFL scoring?  Don't see any league scoring/matchup options or am I missing it?

So seems fantasy news alerts are the best thing with this?  Whats the advantage of syncing a league?  Maybe on game-day for NFL scoring?  Don't see any league scoring/matchup options or am I missing it?
The reason for syncing a league is so that you get notifications about guys that are on your fantasy squad.

I just downloaded the app today.  It's interesting.  So far I've had two "breaking news" notifications: 1) Kevin White out extended time; and, 2) West and Dixon to be RB 1&2 for BAL this week.  White was good breaking info but the West/Dixon notification was not really necessary.  But, to each his own.  Worth checking out.  I used a referral code from someone on this thread which netted me 20 roster syncs.  In the interest of paying it forward, here is my code: B774U

Last edited by a moderator:
All the info can be a bit tedious but I'm enjoying it so far. You can turn the sound off in your notifications settings.

All these codes remind me of that online football rpg everyone was playing a few years back.

My code: 948nr9

The way I understand it, signing up for the app is free.  Breaking news updates are free.  Once you have the app, you buy cookies (10 cents apiece) to do other things.  For instance, to sync your team to the app cost $1 (10 cookies).  You can use a code when signing up for a free 20 cookies.  Good luck.

Here's a code if you need one:  5XE2RD
used that one.   

use this code for $2 credit (for you and me...then go full on pyramid scheme and get one of your own to pass on)..

JPVLD

Bump for a :thumbup:  to Sleeperbot and @[icon] for letting us know about it.

Was walking to lunch and got the alert about McCoy possibly being out for a couple weeks and was able to pick up Gillislee right then. Even better as I am playing the McCoy owner this week.

As for CBS and MFL sync, there were originally no plans for those, but a lot of requests recently on the app, so it's now under consideration for this week's updates.
Let's hope they get these up and running soon, as together they account for 100% of the leagues I'm in. :(

I installed it around the beginning of Oct. It's fast and I like how it gives different noises for really important info vs just regular ho hum news. It makes this light saber type noise when its like ... "really serious news" like McCoy's injury. It also helped me nab Gilly too. 

MFL is up now, very Beta, so please let me know if it doesn't work.
Nice!  I was able to sync to them with no issues.  I understand it is Beta, but in a future release it would be great to be able to order synced leagues by hand as well as see starters ahead of bench players if possible with a team.  So far I have to say I like what I see here.  It's a great app!

Any update on whether or not FFPC support to be added?

Trying MFL but getting server error.

We will support MFL.  It is going to be available by tomorrow latest.

Added player highlight clips for every player as well (on both mobile and web)

Sample: 

https://sleeperbot.com/player/00-0030433/Mike-Gillislee  (click video)

https://sleeperbot.com/share/play?playerId=00-0030433&week=6&playId=4206 (TD run)

Useful if you are trying to figure out context around how a player got their stats.

Nice site. I really like the player pages. Very easy to navigate, play by play breakdown is awesome, and the rotoworld blurbs are very useful to have lumped together as well

Nice site. I really like the player pages. Very easy to navigate, play by play breakdown is awesome, and the rotoworld blurbs are very useful to have lumped together as well

yeah, this app is awesome.   The videos of every play for any individual player are great.

What's the point of syncing a league?  What benefit does it provide? 

I've just been reading the Fantasy Alerts section, and don't see what other functionality is needed or wanted.

The quick player notifications sound great, but a whole lotta reviews in the Playstore complaining about their tepetitiveness. Think I'll hold off until that gets fixed.

If anyone is still having issues with MFL, would be happy to take a look if you don't mind PMing me your username / password.  It's still in Beta and we're trying to understand every scenario right now for MFL.

CBS is coming, probably next week.

If anyone is still having issues with MFL, would be happy to take a look if you don't mind PMing me your username / password.  It's still in Beta and we're trying to understand every scenario right now for MFL.

Still doesn't work. It does find my leagues (so not a user name / pwd issue), but when I hit the sync button it just says server error.

Any chance of changing the pay structure?  If it's a good app, I'll gladly just pay a flat fee to have it work if it's worth it.  But, I don't quite understand the buying of cookies and it's turned me off from trying any kind of pay feature, tbh.

Any plans for RT Sports?

:crickets:
  • News alerts for players you own, even if it isn't in the main fantasy alerts section.
  • Aggregated news center in 1 location.
  • Owner's Chat (chat with other owners who own the same player)
  • Quicker access to weekly play-by-play videos for each player instead of having to search.
  • Fantasy points dashboard (if you are in multiple leagues you can quickly see how your entire portfolio of players is performing)
  • Can do /roster commands when asking questions.
  • Can share roster externally on other web sites.

• News alerts for players you own, even if it isn't in the main fantasy alerts section.
  • Aggregated news center in 1 location.
  • Owner's Chat (chat with other owners who own the same player)
  • Quicker access to weekly play-by-play videos for each player instead of having to search.
  • Fantasy points dashboard (if you are in multiple leagues you can quickly see how your entire portfolio of players is performing)
  • Can do /roster commands when asking questions.
  • Can share roster externally on other web sites.
Thanks, I have zero interest in any of those features, I haven't even created a profile on the app.  The news alerts are all I need/want, so out of the box functionality is all I desire.

Users who are viewing this thread