What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Smoker at a townhouse? (1 Viewer)

GroveDiesel

Footballguy
My propane grill is on its last legs and I’m thinking of going to a pellet smoker/grill. My only concern is that I live in a middle unit townhouse, so I’m bordered by homes on each side and directly behind me as well. All of our yards are only about 25’ wide by 15’ deep.

Would it be bad form/frowned upon to have a smoker in my back yard given the close proximity of my neighbors? I’m not sure just how much smoke a pellet smoker gives off.

I had a similar proximity when I lived in NY and had a Big Green Egg. I kept it at the far end of the yard. There was a learning curve with the grill and occasionally had some really smoky startups if I wasn't paying attention. Once I got better at it, I was able to control the smoke to not affect my neighbors but would still hear some windows close around me on occasion. Not sure about a pellet but generally, I think you can manage to not ruin friendships with smoke, although the smell will always be present.

Users who are viewing this thread