What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So hungover this morning I accidently wore two different shoes (3 Viewers)

You just say something like: "Just wasn't sure if I needed to follow up for my results or if it's done automatically."

THEN you abort the mission.
I didn't have time to think. I thought I had to call immediately. Then they got aggressive and I couldn't think.

I said " thank you I'll call another time" and had to hang up

they got very aggressive
They probably thought you had some issue or complaint and were being intentionally vague.  Honesty was probably the play here once they had your name.  I thought you were just going to hang up if she didn't answer?

I think you need to forget this one.  Calling a third time has no tangible benefit.  You hung up on the doctor and the office manager. 

Editors note : If this was anyone but you, and this was any day but today, I'd be urging you to call again strictly for the entertainment value.  The fact that I am not should tell you I have your best interests in mind.
I could mail her a letter at the facility. I think under the circumstances she may not think it's creepy because I had no other option.

Does this company only test for drugs? Would it be possible to let a racoon bite you and test for rabies, stab yourself with a rusty nail, or maybe pretend to get hurt on the job and have to go back for the mandatory drug screen after an injury? All in the name of love of course!

Does this company only test for drugs? Would it be possible to let a racoon bite you and test for rabies, stab yourself with a rusty nail, or maybe pretend to get hurt on the job and have to go back for the mandatory drug screen after an injury? All in the name of love of course!
Various pre employment and DOT medical services

Literally your only option at this point is to call and tell whoever answers that you'd like to speak to Danielle for a personal, non-office business related reason.  The odds are good that they (or she, if you get her) will tell you to #### off at this point, but if you're not willing to let sleeping dogs lie, I really don't see any other way.  You're probably already going to look weird and desperate at this point, but maybe if she's REALLY interested, you can play it off with a laugh.  I think you should forget it, but if you're not going to let it go, I don't see what other choice you have besides this odious one.

:lmao:

I need to read more of your posts.

RNR > This is a perfect opportunity to realize this isn't a personal attack at you and respond with :lmao: rather than :boxing:

If I am unable to reach her with another call is it at least worth a shot?
No. Sending a card and flowers or whatever to a chick you talked with for 15 minutes or something? Take a step back for a moment and look at that. That seems a little creepy doesn't it?

I am just having a good day. Plus I actually like RnR. I want to see him win at something. 
Having a woman's perspective in here is worth its weight in gold.  Give him some sage guidance.  Right now, he's listening to a guy who's been married 9 years and with the same woman for 15.  I'm not the stickman I once was.

Wait, what?  She called you back before you called again?  Please tell me this is legit and you aren't just making #### up here.
She called to see what I wanted and I explained. It was a very uncomfortable conversation obviously. The gist of the convo (paraphrasing)

her- "well I don't mix my personal and professional life"

me-" I understand and I don't mean to put you on the spot. I just wanted to hang out as friends. If you don't want to I will understand completely"

her- " no it's not that. Let me think about it ok"

me- " sure. If you want to get together you can call or text me any time at this number"

She called to see what I wanted and I explained. It was a very uncomfortable conversation obviously. The gist of the convo (paraphrasing)

her- "well I don't mix my personal and professional life"

me-" I understand and I don't mean to put you on the spot. I just wanted to hang out as friends. If you don't want to I will understand completely"

her- " no it's not that. Let me think about it ok"

me- " sure. If you want to get together you can call or text me any time at this number"
That works.  You handled it as well as you could on your end given the circumstances.  Ball is in her court now, just do not try to contact her again, whatever you do. 

Idk man. In my experiences when a woman is waffling like that, the whole let me think about it thing...usually ends up not in your favor. Perhaps this will be an exception and she agrees, but I would not in the slightest get my hopes up.

That works.  You handled it as well as you could on your end given the circumstances.  Ball is in her court now, just do not try to contact her again, whatever you do. 
Told my friend what happened and he thinks I crashed and burned. What do you guys make of the conversation? Do I have a chance? Wouldn't she just have said no if there was no interest?

Having a woman's perspective in here is worth its weight in gold.  Give him some sage guidance.  Right now, he's listening to a guy who's been married 9 years and with the same woman for 15.  I'm not the stickman I once was.
The fact that she called back and said let me think about it says that she did like him, but he set off a ton of red flags and she needs more time to reflect on what happened/ask friends what they think. In no particular order. 

1. You didn't ask right away

2. You called

3. You hung up, when you didn't get your way. 

4 through 9. You called again, didn't get your way again, and hung up again. (Huge flag)

Don't you dare contact this woman again unless she contacts you first. You look needy, passive, desperate and someone that gets mad to easily. If she gives you a chance you better take her on the best 1st date ever, you are already on your last chance. 

Idk man. In my experiences when a woman is waffling like that, the whole let me think about it thing...usually ends up not in your favor. Perhaps this will be an exception and she agrees, but I would not in the slightest get my hopes up.
Well she was at work and probably with coworkers within ear shot so it was very awkward

The fact that she called back and said let me think about it says that she did like him, but he set off a ton of red flags and she needs more time to reflect on what happened/ask friends what they think. In no particular order. 

2. You called

4 through 9. You called again, didn't get your way again, and hung up again. (Huge flag)

Don't you dare contact this woman again unless she contacts you first. You look needy, passive, desperate and someone that gets mad to easily. If she gives you a chance you better take her on the best 1st date ever, you are already on your last chance. 
I'm not stupid enough to call again

Told my friend what happened and he thinks I crashed and burned. What do you guys make of the conversation? Do I have a chance? Wouldn't she just have said no if there was no interest?
You probably do, but if you try to call her again, you will wipe out any chance you do have.  Sit back, wait, and manage expectations.

2. You called

:goodposting:

That doesn't matter much. 
It really doesn't.

RNR - I don't think there was a fart's chance in a duststorm that she would have even contacted you unless she was either interested in you or afraid you'd call 100 times and get her in hot water with her employer.  Hopefully, it's the former - you'll know if/when she calls or texts you again.  If she doesn't, just forget it and move on.  There's literally NOTHING you can do here to improve your outlook.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really doesn't.

RNR - I don't think there was a fart's chance in a duststorm that she would have even contacted you unless she was either interested in you or afraid you'd call 100 times and get her in hot water with her employer.  Hopefully, it's the former - you'll know if/she she calls or texts you again.  If she doesn't, just forget it and move on.  There's literally NOTHING you can do here to improve your outlook.
I realize that

Wouldn't she have just turned me down right away if she wasn't interested?
She is thinking about it. If you are hoping for an answer today, it won't happen. If you had asked right away you would already have her number.

She is asking her friends if they think you are a creep or psycho based on her side of what happened. This isn't a process that is going yo happen over a couple hours. You are at the mercy of her friends now. 

I obviously know next to nothing about women but if she is thinking about it I would assume that means something
It's probably exactly what msudaisy spelled out.

The fact that she called back and said let me think about it says that she did like him, but he set off a ton of red flags and she needs more time to reflect on what happened/ask friends what they think.

Users who are viewing this thread