What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So hungover this morning I accidently wore two different shoes (1 Viewer)

She is thinking about it. If you are hoping for an answer today, it won't happen. If you had asked right away you would already have her number.

She is asking her friends if they think you are a creep or psycho based on her side of what happened. This isn't a process that is going yo happen over a couple hours. You are at the mercy of her friends now. 
Unfortunately I couldn't catch her at work

She is thinking about it. If you are hoping for an answer today, it won't happen. If you had asked right away you would already have her number.

She is asking her friends if they think you are a creep or psycho based on her side of what happened. This isn't a process that is going yo happen over a couple hours. You are at the mercy of her friends now. 
Yep.  This is definitely the most likely scenario.

The fact that she called back and said let me think about it says that she did like him, but he set off a ton of red flags and she needs more time to reflect on what happened/ask friends what they think. In no particular order. 

1. You didn't ask right away

2. You called

3. You hung up, when you didn't get your way. 

4 through 9. You called again, didn't get your way again, and hung up again. (Huge flag)

Don't you dare contact this woman again unless she contacts you first. You look needy, passive, desperate and someone that gets mad to easily. If she gives you a chance you better take her on the best 1st date ever, you are already on your last chance. 
Seems like his SOP.  

@msudaisy26 if this were your friend what would you tell her regarding this situation?
The only problem with this question is that she wasn't sitting in the office while the doctor and office manager were likely discussing this, so she doesn't know what Danielle did/didn't hear from them.  It's hard to gauge what her friends would say if she doesn't know the context in which the question is being posed.

Unfortunately I couldn't catch her at work
You didnt have too, you had the chance and hesitated. At worst she would have said no and you would have had an awkward 15 more minutes with her, but at least you would have went down swinging. 

What happened was you struck out looking and then asked for a 4th strike.  Rarely do you get a 4th strike. 

1) Tattoo her name on your abdomen, then walk into the office wearing nothing but an toddler-sized tube sock on your twig, and a crown royal sack cinched around your berries.

2) When asked why you're there by the front desk, go through  the signature incredulous Trump expression gamut and then point to the tattoo. 

3) In the off chance security is on the scene before she comes running through the door and leaps in to your flaccid arms, let them know that you have an appointment and they'll see if they'd like to stick around. 

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
Tattoo her name on your abdomen, then walk into the office wearing nothing but an toddler-sized tube sock on your twig and a crown royal sack cinched around your.  When asked why your there by the front desk, go through  the signature incredulous Trump expression gamut and then point to the tattoo. 

In the off chance security is on the scene before she comes running through the door and leaps in to your flaccid arms, let them know that you have an appointment and they'll see if they'd like to stick around. 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Please save comments like this.  Either be part of the solution or internalize this kind of stuff.  Asking you FBG to FBG here, not trying to be a doosh.  Just have a heart, please.
Thought it was a legitimate and helpful point. :shrug:  

he is making similar mistakes here as in real life.  

@msudaisy26 if this were your friend what would you tell her regarding this situation?
Depends. The 25 year old me would tell her that guy is creepy and unhinged, how is he going to call up there and hang up on the people you work with. 

The ## year old version of me would give you a chance, but I would have thought you were nervous for a drug test for a job and liking me at the same time. There would still be red flags every where and if the 1st date wasn't above average I wouldn't call again. 

Depends. The 25 year old me would tell her that guy is creepy and unhinged, how is he going to call up there and hang up on the people you work with. 

The ## year old version of me would give you a chance, but I would have thought you were nervous for a drug test for a job and liking me at the same time. There would still be red flags every where and if the 1st date wasn't above average I wouldn't call again. 
So you're telling me there's a chance?

The only problem with this question is that she wasn't sitting in the office while the doctor and office manager were likely discussing this, so she doesn't know what Danielle did/didn't hear from them.  It's hard to gauge what her friends would say if she doesn't know the context in which the question is being posed.
Plus this. This girl might be totally different than me. 

Thought it was a legitimate and helpful point. :shrug:  

he is making similar mistakes here as in real life.  
I don't think it was phrased as such and I don't think you do either.  If you want to be helpful, by all means please do so. 

FBG's censors age?  How thoughtful.

I called and asked to speak to her. It was the damn doctor that picked up . He kept asking me what the question was and wouldn't put her on the phone. He got aggressive and I hung up on him

Now the female office manager called back asking what the question was. I asked to speak to Danielle again and she got aggressive too so I hung up on her.
If they ever took the incredibly awkward, and sexually-incompetent teenager themes in the American Pie movies, converted them into challenges, and applied them to a competitive reality show.... I feel like RnR would be their Ken Jennings. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it was phrased as such and I don't think you do either.  If you want to be helpful, by all means please do so. 
I think his point was that, similar to previous stints on this board, as soon as he perceives something either not going his way or somebody says something that he doesn't like, it's immediate withdrawal/scorched earth. :shrug:

I think his point was that, similar to previous stints on this board, as soon as he perceives something either not going his way or somebody says something that he doesn't like, it's immediate withdrawal/scorched earth. :shrug:
I thought it was a matter of fact post with no ill intent.  But what do I know about my intent.  

Is RnR the guy who posted all those videos of the guy in the fake beard?  I never understood any of those posts.

Is RnR the guy who posted all those videos of the guy in the fake beard?  I never understood any of those posts.
He's had about 5 aliai here... each one going down in flames in spectacular fashion. Each time, he'd try to come back under a new pseudonym.. only to go down the same path again. 

I don't think this girl is going to call RNR back.  It was just too strange of a meeting with the many phone calls.  If she does not call back by Wednesday, game over man.  Game over. 

I don't think this girl is going to call RNR back.  It was just too strange of a meeting with the many phone calls.  If she does not call back by Wednesday, game over man.  Game over. 
I agree.  Probably just an unfortunate set of circumstances that led to this going up in smoke, but you never know.  She has the number, she'll use it if she wants and if not, on to the next prospect.

Don't heed this advice. 

You're a realist. The worst possible outcome is most likely.
Those two statements are not mutually exclusive.  Yes, it's more likely than not that she doesn't call, but what good is overthinking it going to do?  The die is cast, all he can do is let it play out at this point.

I'm pretty bummed out it went so lousy
Wasn't really your fault, sometimes luck doesn't go your way.  Had she been there when you came out, you could have spoken to her briefly and you'd probably be in there.  We all have "what if" scenarios throughout our lives.  If she calls, great.  If not, don't get hung up on it (pun intended.)

Users who are viewing this thread