What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So who will be bidens VP? (1 Viewer)

Look, I won't deny that the Democrats absolutely wallow in identity politics, and it gets tiresome.  However, the Republicans continuing white, male, dominance makes it possible.  I have to believe that there are plenty of conservative women of all colors, and men of color, who are absolutely qualified to serve in our government.  Why the Republican party appears to make little effort to cater to them, to promote them, and to work on becoming a more diverse and representative party is beyond me.  As long as they choose not to, the Democrats will have some factual basis to point it out.
Look at this photo. It is ridiculous

https://twitter.com/r33koh/status/1270580752288067584?s=20

the moops said:
Do you think Mike Pence was the most qualified or do you think he was selected for another reason?
Well, he was selected at least in part because he was one of the few willing to accept.

Yep, I saw that.  It's the same story, over and over.  With trump, it's gotten much worse.  The Republican party seems to be striving to increase it's alienation of women and people of color, then wonders why the Democrats point it out.

I desperately hope we reach a day where both parties are so diverse that it's not a conversation worth having... but we are nowhere near that right now.

Look, I won't deny that the Democrats absolutely wallow in identity politics, and it gets tiresome.  However, the Republicans continuing white, male, dominance makes it possible.  I have to believe that there are plenty of conservative women of all colors, and men of color, who are absolutely qualified to serve in our government.  Why the Republican party appears to make little effort to cater to them, to promote them, and to work on becoming a more diverse and representative party is beyond me.  As long as they choose not to, the Democrats will have some factual basis to point it out.
Well, I think we're seeing a shift to more minorities becoming conservatives as they realize much of the fear mongering and empty promises of the left, are just that

Well, I think we're seeing a shift to more minorities becoming conservatives as they realize much of the fear mongering and empty promises of the left, are just that
As I've mentioned in other threads, I consider myself center-left, I'm not some extreme liberal.  My main concern with this particular issue is just reaching the point where the representation matches the population.  If that means more conservative values are represented by women and people of color in our government, we will be better for it as a nation.  

As I've mentioned in other threads, I consider myself center-left, I'm not some extreme liberal.  My main concern with this particular issue is just reaching the point where the representation matches the population.  If that means more conservative values are represented by women and people of color in our government, we will be better for it as a nation.  
I agree, and I think there are more on both sides who are moderate and reasonable....the media doesnt want to show that though....I also think a lot the working class right has felt attacked constantly, and that is why there is push back.....none of us as Americans can know what it's like to walk another's shoes who has had different experiences.....one thing is for sure, when you've got the moral and intellectual superiority that is being pushed, it will not be received well.....racism and fascism are one thing, but when people feel their very world view is under attack, they fight back......and then they are labeled racist whether they are or not.....this is the brainwashing going on, mostly on college campuses.

It seems like a complete no-brainer at this point that it will be a black woman but why Kamala specifically? 
She seemed so upset about his bussing comments, if she jumps on his ticket she would be acknowledging that was nothing more than theatrics. She would never do that. 

No one because he's not going to win.  As for who will be his VP running mate?  Probably Harris, but it should be Klobuchar.  Most people dislike Harris.  They didn't like her when she dropped out and they don't like her now.

I'd guess familiarity. Biggest name out there. 
I guess I more meant did something happen and/or did Biden say something?  It does seem obvious she would be leading contender if my assumption that it's a black woman that is his VP pick is accurate - I just wasn't sure if Tim's thinking is the same or there's actual news related to it.  I think others have said it but I think Harris as AG would make more sense - but I'm biased as I want Abrams to be the VP pick.

I guess I more meant did something happen and/or did Biden say something?  It does seem obvious she would be leading contender if my assumption that it's a black woman that is his VP pick is accurate - I just wasn't sure if Tim's thinking is the same or there's actual news related to it.  I think others have said it but I think Harris as AG would make more sense - but I'm biased as I want Abrams to be the VP pick.
Gotcha.

I’m certain we are all just looking at the same lists and guessing at this point. 

GoBirds said:
You may fee that way but I don’t. I’m an advocate of looking at all options and hiring the most qualified. If I hired like Biden does I would be facing a lot of lawsuits. 
Yet the political leaders and party you support are virtually all white, and overwhelmingly male.  On the other hand, the party and political leaders you oppose are far more diverse and far more representative of American demographics as a whole, while also making diversity a priority when making leadership choices.

Funny that your criticisms fall on the 2nd group, and not the first. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hillary is going to hitch her wagon and attempt to save the ticket. Her phone is probably blowing up like crazy after Biden’s meltdown today.

Yet the political leaders and party you support are virtually all white, and overwhelmingly male.  On the other hand, the party and political leaders you oppose are far more diverse and far more representative of American demographics as a whole, while also making diversity a priority when making leadership choices.

Funny that your criticisms fall on the 2nd group, and not the first. 
Funny that you are ok with discrimination if it's done by the candidate for your party yet make the claims you do against the other party. 

Users who are viewing this thread