What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spending Blind Bid Money (1 Viewer)

goldenchild

Footballguy
This is my first time using this type of waiver wire format so I'm looking for some feedback.

Would you "waste" any of your blind bid money to fill a roster spot for the sole purpose of preventing your opponent from getting him?

Let's say you can afford to give up a roster spot and you would almost never use the guy.

I still have all of my blind bid money and I noticed my opponent for this weekend has Romo on a bye (his only qb). There is pretty much just one qb that is worth grabbing and I'm almost certain he's going to make a play for him.

Normally, I would just let it go, but this is a divisional game so any advantage I can create would help.

Is this frowned upon? Is it worth it? We don't have any rules regarding picking up FA's for this purpose.

On the other hand, having more blind bid money to work with down the line would obviously be better just in case one of my studs go down and I need to make a play for the backup.

Thoughts?

If my opponent's QB has a bye and he doesn't have a backup, I would consider rostering a decent FA QB.

This is my first time using this type of waiver wire format so I'm looking for some feedback.Would you "waste" any of your blind bid money to fill a roster spot for the sole purpose of preventing your opponent from getting him?Let's say you can afford to give up a roster spot and you would almost never use the guy.I still have all of my blind bid money and I noticed my opponent for this weekend has Romo on a bye (his only qb). There is pretty much just one qb that is worth grabbing and I'm almost certain he's going to make a play for him.Normally, I would just let it go, but this is a divisional game so any advantage I can create would help.Is this frowned upon? Is it worth it? We don't have any rules regarding picking up FA's for this purpose.On the other hand, having more blind bid money to work with down the line would obviously be better just in case one of my studs go down and I need to make a play for the backup.Thoughts?
Who is the QB? How many other FAs QBs are there? Most likely he will land one of them for one week. If the QB can give your team depth why not?And no..it is not frowned upon.

This is my first time using this type of waiver wire format so I'm looking for some feedback.Would you "waste" any of your blind bid money to fill a roster spot for the sole purpose of preventing your opponent from getting him?Let's say you can afford to give up a roster spot and you would almost never use the guy.I still have all of my blind bid money and I noticed my opponent for this weekend has Romo on a bye (his only qb). There is pretty much just one qb that is worth grabbing and I'm almost certain he's going to make a play for him.Normally, I would just let it go, but this is a divisional game so any advantage I can create would help.Is this frowned upon? Is it worth it? We don't have any rules regarding picking up FA's for this purpose.On the other hand, having more blind bid money to work with down the line would obviously be better just in case one of my studs go down and I need to make a play for the backup.Thoughts?
All types of blocking are legal, including the dreaded CB

Da Guru said:
goldenchild said:
Who is the QB? How many other FAs QBs are there? Most likely he will land one of them for one week. If the QB can give your team depth why not?And no..it is not frowned upon.
The only qb that I can see him wanting is Mark Sanchez, especially after Sunday night... Oh, and Bufallo upcoming...I already have Rodgers and Big Ben, so I wouldn't need Sanchez.

One week signings are not uncommon. Also, a sign and trade is possible too. Would anyone else see value in Sanchez for a 1 week stopgap?

If you have my luck he will pick up Hill and Detroit will rattle off 350 yds / 4tds against Green Bay.

Da Guru said:
goldenchild said:
The only qb that I can see him wanting is Mark Sanchez, especially after Sunday night... Oh, and Bufallo upcoming...I already have Rodgers and Big Ben, so I wouldn't need Sanchez.
I had Sanchez last year for Romo's bye when the Jets had the Bills. He went 10 for 29 for 119 yards and had 5 picks, sacked twice and fumbled once.I got a -19 for him for the week. Careful what you wish for.It really depends on what other QB's are available.

Da Guru said:
goldenchild said:
I had Sanchez last year for Romo's bye when the Jets had the Bills. He went 10 for 29 for 119 yards and had 5 picks, sacked twice and fumbled once.I got a -19 for him for the week. Careful what you wish for.It really depends on what other QB's are available.
Good point... not that I would use him, but if Sanchez does crappy, I would love for my opponent to have him.Just looking at the top QB FAs added list, the following standout:FitzpatrickHasselbeckCasselGradkowskiHenneBradfordYou know, thanks for bringing this up... even if I were to land Sanchez, my opponent might have better luck with one of those on the list... not sure if it would be worth burning through my valuable bid money.Thanks for the feedback guys. :goodposting:

The shark move is to not use any of your blind bid money, but posture to him like you plan to make a claim on Sanchez so he has to waste more of his.

Liquid Tension said:
goldenchild said:
All types of blocking are legal, including the dreaded CB
Only if Alex Barron is doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread