What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sports Documentary Thread (1 Viewer)

More Than a Game

It's about a decade old now but still worth 1 watch if you've never seen it. Covers LeBron's journey thru his senior year of HS on his way to the NBA. Really fascinating just to see the insane fanfare following him around. It's been 20 years, so it's easy to forget how crazy the hype was.

More Than a Game

It's about a decade old now but still worth 1 watch if you've never seen it. Covers LeBron's journey thru his senior year of HS on his way to the NBA. Really fascinating just to see the insane fanfare following him around. It's been 20 years, so it's easy to forget how crazy the hype was.
It’s good. I can only imagine what Bronny is going thru, and others that are in HS hoops factories.

FEARLESS
On Netflix - originally from 2016 but just watched it for the first time. A 6-part series on Professional Bull Riding. They follow about a half dozen riders, mostly guys from Brazil, and one American.
The only downside is if you're not into subtitles, there's a good bit of that, but the filming of these guys is so spectacular the subtitles didn't have a negative impact on my viewing enjoyment.
The documentary has a little bit too much of a Brazilians vs. Americans vibe that was a bit of a downer, but the cinematography of the riders coming out of the Shute is incredible.
These Bulls are MASSIVE and to watch how fast they move and how high they jump. I was jumping out of my seat a dozen time per episode watching these riders when they went airborne.

It was really interesting to watch this and see how the riders view the Bull as their athletic opponent, and how they make the Bull appear to be as competitive as the riders. As if they know what on the line and they are defending their own honor by not letting anyone ride them for 8 seconds.

Really great doc. Highly recommend.

Long Shot on Netflix isn't a sports doc per se, more like a true crime story with a sports twist. Released in 2017, I only recently watched it. Really crazy story that could only happen in LA.

Users who are viewing this thread