What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL 1 Teams and commentary (1 Viewer)

Putting it out there. Comments and bashing welcome. I'll be sure to get to everyone's team as well.QB: Brady(10) Hasselbeck(8)RB: Maroney(10) MJD(4) D Foster(7) Buckhalter(5) Barlow(6)WR: Chambers(9) Glenn(8) Lelie(6) Sinorice Moss(9) Q Morgan(6)TE: Desmond Clark(9) Ben Troupe(4)K: John Kasay(7) Rian Lindell(6)D: Chicago(9) Denver(6)
I will look at this one as I picked 13th in SSL II.QB: Definate strength here. NE has improved it's WR corps, and Hasselbeck is coming back from surgury (he should be ok).RB: Moroney should be RB1 in NE. MJD and Foster should at least split time on their respective teams, getting you some points each week at RB2, with MJD contributing most weeks, but unless Taylor gets hurt he probably won't see the job full time. Can CBuck put together back to back healthy seasons? If he is healthy he will be an important part of the Philly RBBC. Barlow is a big? Probably should have went with another WR here. I am curious as to the effect of having a QB:RB from the same team. This is something I am trying to do some personal research on to see if it is a good idea.WR: I am not thrilled with this group. Chambers has always showed potential, but has problems reaching that must start WR1 status. Glenn should post decent numbers. Lelie drops to many balls for my taste, and he is in a new offense with a QB who is still developing. Moss did not show much last year in NY (due to injuries). Morgan is just meh.TE: While Clark is a good TE, Chicago drafted Olsen to be the TE of the future. How much will Olsen eat into Clark's number will not be known till later in the year. Troupe in TEN is a decent pick. TEN really needs someone to step up in the receiving corps this year.K: Two good ones who don't share a bye.DST: Two really good ones who don't share a bye.BYE week problems: No major issues that really stand out.Overall: Picking near the end of the odd rounds really leaves a person in a bind as they try to stay one step ahead of any runs, and have potentially reach for players they think have upside as to ensure they will end up on their team. I would rate this team as middle of the pack, due to the uncertanty at WR/TE.

SSL1 - 15th pick

QB- Kitna (6),Lefty (4)
solid, big fan of lefty's value this year
RB- Edge (8), Jacobs (9), Droughns (9), Najeh (6)
hmmm...I like Edge, but Jacobs/Droughns combo concerns me.
WR- Hines (6), Stallworth (10), Kennison (8), Williamson (5),D.Carter(7), Baskett(5),BMW (5)
Great job here. You went deep at the most important position and I like your depth...I may have passed on BMW.
TE- Gates (7)
Obviously great.
K- Rackers (8), Ted Nugent (10)

D- Pitt(6), Jax(4)
Strong Ds and kickers that will keep their jobs...solid.Overall: A

This is my kind of draft although I would have done something different at RB...Jacobs scares me in PPRs.
thanks for the comments, I probably am more Bullish on Jacobs than most sharks, and I feel that cuffing Reuben to him was the right move, I could have taken A.green,jamal,Deangelo, Kevin Jones. All of them with ????? just as big as jacobs. I am expecting a breakout year, plus HK dont like him, so I got that going for me.

QB: Donovan McNabb (5) Alex Smith (6)

I like this combo a lot. Maybe 2nd best in the league after the Brady\Hass combo

A-

RB: Shaun Alexander (8), Caddy (4) Ricky Williams (9) Chris Brown (??)

Ricky's relapse messed up what was potentially a great backfield. Still, If SA returns to form and Caddy comes back like I think he will I'm fine. Chrissy will end up somewhere and contribute.

C+

WR: Terrell Owens (8), Calvin Johnson (6) Bernard Berrian (9) Michael Clayton (4) Robert Meachem (4) Marty Booker (9) Chris Henry (5)

I love my WR's Lots of potential here. If I last long enough Henry will add even more firepower. I think Meachem earns the start opposite Colson.

A

TE: LJ Smith (5) Bo Scaife (4)

Solid Duo.

B-

K: Martin Gramattica (8)

Not thrilled, but if he keeps his job then it will be fine.

D

D: Jets (10) Browns (7)

have 2 with different byes.

C

Overall: B

I should be competitive as long as SA and Caddy work out. if not, could be an early exit.

Last edited by a moderator:
ConstruxBoy QB: C Palmer CIN(5), J Delhomme CAR(7) I like Palmer and that is a strong point for CB. Delhomme better bounce back or he'll be bounced out for Carr RB: B Westbrook PHI(5), C Taylor MIN(5), J Norwood ATL(8) A Peterson CHI(9)I agree wth CB, there are a lot of nice RBs that are used in the passing game. Westbrook will be solid as long as he is playing. I agree that Taylor could share a heavier load than is expected in 07. Norwood was one of my favorite rookie RBs last year as he comes from the twon where I live and I see a lot of SEC. He should at least share again in Atlanta. I also think that Peterson could see alot of playing time with a Benson breakdown, which is possible. WR: M Harrison IND(6), S Holmes PIT(6), B Marshall DEN(6), D Williams BAL(8), P Crayton DAL(8), S Smith NYG(9)Definitely a weak spot, with one very solid old guy and a whole lot of youth coulda woulda maybe wills. I expect S Holmes of Pitt to lead this youth movement, but the rest may be a year or two away. I see a lot of sixes. I believe that this triple six bye week my give the CBoy a devil of a time, yes 666. TE: T Heap BAL(8), A Smith TB(10) - I like Heap alot this year, bit A Smith may not be much help. PK: S Gostkowski NE(10), O Mare NO(4) - Two kickers on very good offenses. DEF: Seattle (8), New York Giants (9) - two middle of the road defenses. Maybe Ravnzfan is right and he has a shot in week 6.
Thanks alot man! I completely agree that I need at least 2 of the young WRs to step up and to make it through the bye weeks. But if that happens, look out.

My team:

Pennington (10) -QB22

McNair (8) - QB23

I decided to wait on QBs and was still able to get 2 decent starters in the 8th-9th rounds. Won't put up huge numbers but should provide solid and steady numbers each week. Two average QBs, but I'm happy considering how long I waited.

LJohnson (8) - RB4

KJones (6) - RB30

White (4) - RB38

Duckett (6) - RB64

I still think LJ puts up top 3-5 season. His demise is being greatly exaggerated. Jones was a little gamble hoping to get Bell to pair with him. Wasn't able to do that so grabbed Duckett for a little insurance. If Jones is out, Bell won't handle all the workload and Duckett could be good for some points each week.

White's being given a huge opportunity and I'm still a (semi) believer in him. Missed on grabbing Henry to "lock" up the Titan RBs but people really seem to think Henry is nothing special so hopefully that doesn't matter.

LJ's a stud and hopefully Jones or White can provide good RB2 numbers. If Jones starts the season and remains healthly, I think I have the best RB combo. If not, I gotta hope White gets his fat ### in gear.

Driver (7) - WR9

Housh (5) - WR15

Hackett (6) - WR35

Keyshawn FA - WR60

Ginn (9) - WR75

Walter (10) - WR88

I really like this group. I'll put the top 3 against anyone. Driver and Housh will be a very good 1-2 punch. It will be interesting to see how Henry's targets will be distributed while he's suspended. This could bump up Housh's numbers even higher. I've already discussed Hackett a little but I believe he can post top 20-25 numbers.

Hopefully Key lands in a good spot (Tenn) and provides bye week coverage. Key really fell and could provide huge value considering he finished WR26 last year. Miami will be sure to get Ginn the ball and he should be good for a couple big games. Walter is unknown but he's got little competition and hopefully can post numbers like Moulds last year, 60-500-1. Good chance he disappears and does nothing. If that happens and Key doesn't play, I could be in trouble here.

Shockey (9) - TE5

Baker (10) - TE21

Got a top 5 TE in Shockey and a capable backup in Baker.

Elam (6) - K11

Bironas (4) - K21

Elam will finish better than K11. Bironas finished strong last year, but the Tenn offense could struggle this year. One great kicker and one with some potential.

San Diego (7) - DST4

Philadelphia (5) - DST13

SD has talent on defense but I expect some decline with Wade gone. Philly's a strong 2nd DST. Strong duo should provide good scoring most weeks.

Overall, I'm happy with this team and expect it to put up a good fight. There is some risk with RB2 but it was warranted in those rounds picked. No real bye week issues and no glaring issues IMO.

Critique away......

QB: Brady(10) Hasselbeck(8)QB: Clearly the class of the league, if I do say so myself. I may have needlessly overpaid, but the results are a clear, weekly advantage at QB.
I don't know about that..... Not sure if the Pats will ever throw enough or even be in enough shootouts to need to throw that much... Hasselback is coming off injury on a team who's offense has questions.Pretty good QB's but, nothing is clear.
Man, I can see questioning the taking of two QBs early, but to criticize the quality? Keeping in mind that it's early May, I'm wondering what your cheatsheet looks like to sort of dismiss having these two in a 16 team league. Are both out of your top 10?

My team:

Pennington (10) -QB22

McNair (8) - QB23

I decided to wait on QBs and was still able to get 2 decent starters in the 8th-9th rounds. Won't put up huge numbers but should provide solid and steady numbers each week. Two average QBs, but I'm happy considering how long I waited.

LJohnson (8) - RB4

KJones (6) - RB30

White (4) - RB38

Duckett (6) - RB64

I still think LJ puts up top 3-5 season. His demise is being greatly exaggerated. Jones was a little gamble hoping to get Bell to pair with him. Wasn't able to do that so grabbed Duckett for a little insurance. If Jones is out, Bell won't handle all the workload and Duckett could be good for some points each week.

White's being given a huge opportunity and I'm still a (semi) believer in him. Missed on grabbing Henry to "lock" up the Titan RBs but people really seem to think Henry is nothing special so hopefully that doesn't matter.

LJ's a stud and hopefully Jones or White can provide good RB2 numbers. If Jones starts the season and remains healthly, I think I have the best RB combo. If not, I gotta hope White gets his fat ### in gear.

Driver (7) - WR9

Housh (5) - WR15

Hackett (6) - WR35

Keyshawn FA - WR60

Ginn (9) - WR75

Walter (10) - WR88

I really like this group. I'll put the top 3 against anyone. Driver and Housh will be a very good 1-2 punch. It will be interesting to see how Henry's targets will be distributed while he's suspended. This could bump up Housh's numbers even higher. I've already discussed Hackett a little but I believe he can post top 20-25 numbers.

Hopefully Key lands in a good spot (Tenn) and provides bye week coverage. Key really fell and could provide huge value considering he finished WR26 last year. Miami will be sure to get Ginn the ball and he should be good for a couple big games. Walter is unknown but he's got little competition and hopefully can post numbers like Moulds last year, 60-500-1. Good chance he disappears and does nothing. If that happens and Key doesn't play, I could be in trouble here.

Shockey (9) - TE5

Baker (10) - TE21

Elam (6) - K11

Bironas (4) - K21

Elam will finish better than K11. Bironas finished strong last year, but the Tenn offense could struggle this year. One great kicker and one with some potential.

San Diego (7) - DST4

Philadelphia (5) - DST13

SD has talent on defense but I expect some decline with Wade gone. Philly's a strong 2nd DST. Strong duo should provide good scoring most weeks.

Overall, I'm happy with this team and expect it to put up a good fight. There is some risk with RB2 but it was warranted in those rounds picked. No real bye week issuLotses and no glaring issues IMO.

Critique away......
QB: Tough to get excited about these two. I guess the hope would be that one of them gets 2/225 in any given week.RB: Lots of ?'s. I still like LJ, that was the easy part for you. After that, Lord knows. KJ is a long term injur concern and has Bell to compete. White and Duckett? Need the stars to allign. Not looking great.

WR: Very good and clearly a strength needed to pull up other areas.

TE: Looks good

K: Good

D: Good

No real mistakes, IMO. Built a nice position of strength at WR.

Could last all 16. Could go out week one. Just like all of us :lmao:

QB: Brady(10) Hasselbeck(8)QB: Clearly the class of the league, if I do say so myself. I may have needlessly overpaid, but the results are a clear, weekly advantage at QB.
I don't know about that..... Not sure if the Pats will ever throw enough or even be in enough shootouts to need to throw that much... Hasselback is coming off injury on a team who's offense has questions.Pretty good QB's but, nothing is clear.
Man, I can see questioning the taking of two QBs early, but to criticize the quality? Keeping in mind that it's early May, I'm wondering what your cheatsheet looks like to sort of dismiss having these two in a 16 team league. Are both out of your top 10?
Chaz I wasn't questioning the quality as much as I was questioning you saying those two were "Clearly the class of the league"....Brady was the #7 QB last year while his defense had injury problems - I kinda think his stats remain where they are with maybe a slight bump - Moss or not..... The schedule does seem to be a little tougher.I can't see rating Hass higher than that at his point... Bump Brady up to 4 and Hass down to 11.Again - Nitpicking - GREAT Qb's - The clear best????

Just looking at these teams when I get a chance, I gotta say I really like PREDS team...

DAMN.... Part of it is picking from the 2 spot - To start off a draft with Gore / Boldin / Moss and still be able to get RB2/RB3 in Lynch/Dunn is a real nice Core to begin with.

1.02 Preds Frank Gore RB2 SF

2.15 Preds Anquan Boldin WR11 Arz

3.02 Preds Randy Moss WR13 NE

4.15 Preds Marshawn Lynch RB27 Buff

5.02 Preds Warrick Dunn RB28 ATL

Just looking at these teams when I get a chance, I gotta say I really like PREDS team...DAMN.... Part of it is picking from the 2 spot - To start off a draft with Gore / Boldin / Moss and still be able to get RB2/RB3 in Lynch/Dunn is a real nice Core to begin with.1.02 Preds Frank Gore RB2 SF2.15 Preds Anquan Boldin WR11 Arz3.02 Preds Randy Moss WR13 NE4.15 Preds Marshawn Lynch RB27 Buff5.02 Preds Warrick Dunn RB28 ATL
Does look good, but I'd like to hear Preds thoughts on Gore over Sjax.Plus I think Randy Moss at WR13 is not good value. Looks good, but Im not convinced.

QB

Micheal Vick 8

Eli Manning 9

This is a great solid pair I give you an A

RB

Reggie Bush 4

Marion Barber III 8

Ron Dayne 10

LeonWashington 10

Reggie in PPR is $, MB3 I like to win the job in Dallas as he is more durable, but new coaching staff in Dallas makes me wonder. Dayne and Leon are solid RB3/4. Good job here. B+

WR

Andre Johnson 10

Reggie Brown 5

Samie Parker 8

Brandon Stokley 6

Doug Gaberial 5

Vincent Jackson 7

Aundrea Allison 5

Andre Johnson seems a bit overvalued where you took him to me, but he's a fine WR1 in 16 teamers, I like some of the people on the board when you took him, that's all. I am in Reggie Browns camp though. Vjax is over-valued, but in these leagues where you dont set lineups he is fine. He going to burn people left and right in H2H leagues this year. Parker will be behind Bowe soon and I think Stokley/Gabriel are filler.

Good group, with a solid top 3 B+

TE

Heath Miller 6

Yuck, not good, I think he's about the 3/4 passing option at best and will disappoint, why no backup here is beyond me. F+

K

Lawrence Tynes 8

Jeff Wilkens 9

Dome kicker in a good O and Tynes is solid too - A

Def

Carolina 7

S.F. 6

Nice combo

Overall pretty solid, the TE is my biggest worry but QB,RB,WR might make up for it. I might have just taken Wilkins only and added another TE.

My team:Pennington (10) -QB22McNair (8) - QB23Solid yet unspectacular. CLJohnson (8) - RB4KJones (6) - RB30White (4) - RB38Duckett (6) - RB64LJ will be fine, Everything I hear is that Kjones should be ready and Kowalski has been saying this to me since the injury happened. LenDale white might surprise we'll have to see his work ethic in camp. B+Driver (7) - WR9Housh (5) - WR15Hackett (6) - WR35Keyshawn FA - WR60Ginn (9) - WR75Walter (10) - WR88Nice,nice solid group, only if Key retires will you be in trouble. Even then you have your byes spread out nice and Hous - Driver are as solid 1-2 as any in the league. Walter is sneaky and Hackett while a bit of an early pick might just pan out. A- Shockey (9) - TE5Baker (10) - TE21Solid as it gets, Baker might have even been unnecessary. A-Elam (6) - K11Bironas (4) - K21San Diego (7) - DST4Philadelphia (5) - DST13These pairings are nice. Solid sqaud Shadow this is how a top of the draft team should look. A contender till the end, see you in SSL1 next year too.

My team:

Pennington (10) -QB22

McNair (8) - QB23

LJohnson (8) - RB4

KJones (6) - RB30

White (4) - RB38

Duckett (6) - RB64

Driver (7) - WR9

Housh (5) - WR15

Hackett (6) - WR35

Keyshawn FA - WR60

Ginn (9) - WR75

Walter (10) - WR88

Shockey (9) - TE5

Baker (10) - TE21

Elam (6) - K11

Bironas (4) - K21

San Diego (7) - DST4

Philadelphia (5) - DST13

Overall, I'm happy with this team and expect it to put up a good fight. There is some risk with RB2 but it was warranted in those rounds picked. No real bye week issuLotses and no glaring issues IMO.

Critique away......
QB: Tough to get excited about these two. I guess the hope would be that one of them gets 2/225 in any given week.RB: Lots of ?'s. I still like LJ, that was the easy part for you. After that, Lord knows. KJ is a long term injur concern and has Bell to compete. White and Duckett? Need the stars to allign. Not looking great.WR: Very good and clearly a strength needed to pull up other areas.

TE: Looks good

K: Good

D: Good

No real mistakes, IMO. Built a nice position of strength at WR.

Could last all 16. Could go out week one. Just like all of us :shrug:
I agree there are questions at RB right now but all the early reports have been good regarding Jones...not so good about White but he at least has to be in a RBBC which should net some points each week. And if Jones is out for a while, I have to assume Duckett gets some work and GL touches. I think I'm ok here with some big potential with my 5th and 7th round RB picks. A safer pick might have been Jordan, but safer picks don't necessarily win you these leagues. However, an argument could be made that a safer choice should have been made given I already had a top RB.

Putting it out there. Comments and bashing welcome. I'll be sure to get to everyone's team as well.
QB: Brady(10) Hasselbeck(8)Great pair but I think the Hasselbeck pick in the 5th should have been a WR.

RB: Maroney(10) MJD(4) D Foster(7) Buckhalter(5) Barlow(6)

I'm a little more pessimistic about Maroney than some but he and MJD should provide good scoring. Good backups in Foster and Buck but why Barlow? You made the comment that you hope he has a decent game or two that can score for you. I would think another WR would score more for you than Barlow.

WR: Chambers(9) Glenn(8) Lelie(6) Sinorice Moss(9) Q Morgan(6)

Yuck. Not a fan here of anyone. Chambers really struggled last year. It seems Parcells gets the most out of Glenn. Not sure where Lelie fits in. Moss and Morgan may not even see the field much. This position spells doom for you IMO.

TE: Desmond Clark(9) Ben Troupe(4)

Another problem spot. 2 players that now have competition for balls on non-passing teams.

K: John Kasay(7) Rian Lindell(6)

D: Chicago(9) Denver(6)

Decent kicers and good defenses. I agree with you in that people dismiss the defenses too much. You could have a 10pt advantage on some people but is that enough to make up the deficiency at WR/TE?

IMO, WR will eventually kill this team. Would be a much stronger team had you went with a WR (Galloway, Cotchery) or TE (Cooley, LJ Smith). I just think you left too many points on the bench each week at QB.

QB--Big Ben Roethlisberger (6) and Matt Schaub (10)This pairing I like a bunch, Schaub has good upside, and I think alot of us love Big Ben to rebound in Pitt.A-RB--Portis(4), Benson(9), Julius Jones(8), and Wally Lundi (10)Portis should rebound and I see Benson/JJones platooning at your RB2. I am not a Benson fan per se, but some staffer ranked him 4th overall at RB. Solid here B+ WR--Lee Evans(6), Santana Moss(4), D Bennett(9), Jarrett(7), A Bryant (?), Bry Johnson (8) and Parrish (6)This is an interesting group, a big drop-off after your top 2. I think D.Bennett is year away from being a factor in STL, Jarret is a rookite with upside, it will be interesting to see the camp battle between him & D.Carter. Bryant is a 0 for two weeks at least, maybe more. Johnson and Parrish provide depth. Overall should be ok even with 6 for the seaon. BTE--Chris Cooley(4) and Zach Miller ()Cooley is fine and a rookie TE with upside, BPK - David Akers (5) - Good kicker on good offense with early bye week. Don't see the need for two. Defense - Packers (7) and Cardinals (8)Dont like the 1 Kicker and I think you reached early on GB D, but they are unpredictable.Overall I like your team alot Rzr, solid effort. Should contend

Just looking at these teams when I get a chance, I gotta say I really like PREDS team...DAMN.... Part of it is picking from the 2 spot - To start off a draft with Gore / Boldin / Moss and still be able to get RB2/RB3 in Lynch/Dunn is a real nice Core to begin with.1.02 Preds Frank Gore RB2 SF2.15 Preds Anquan Boldin WR11 Arz3.02 Preds Randy Moss WR13 NE4.15 Preds Marshawn Lynch RB27 Buff5.02 Preds Warrick Dunn RB28 ATL
QB is my major weakness, otherwise I'm very happy with the squad I put together. Thanks for the props.

Just looking at these teams when I get a chance, I gotta say I really like PREDS team...

DAMN.... Part of it is picking from the 2 spot - To start off a draft with Gore / Boldin / Moss and still be able to get RB2/RB3 in Lynch/Dunn is a real nice Core to begin with.

Does look good, but I'd like to hear Preds thoughts on Gore over Sjax.Plus I think Randy Moss at WR13 is not good value. Looks good, but Im not convinced.
It's a PPR league. While SJax is more of a bruising TD type RB, he's not nearly as fluid or multipurpose as Gore IMO. It was a risky pick for the 1.2, but I wanted a multipurpose back in an emerging offense, and Gore fit the bill perfectly. The only negative with him is that Turner left for SD, so one has to wonder if he'll get the same number of touches this year, but if SF is smart, they'll put the ball in the hands of their playmaker as much as they possibly can.Finally, I have to say I'm just not a big fan of SJax, he really wasn't even a consideration for me that high. I woulda gone LJ or SA before even considering Jackson.

As for Moss, I think he'll be motivated to perform very well for BB this year, the talents always been there, motivation is what's been missing, and I think BB will get 100% out ofhim, for this year at least. Quite happy to have him as my WR2.

Preds said:

It's a PPR league. While SJax is more of a bruising TD type RB, he's not nearly as fluid or multipurpose as Gore IMO. It was a risky pick for the 1.2, but I wanted a multipurpose back in an emerging offense, and Gore fit the bill perfectly. The only negative with him is that Turner left for SD, so one has to wonder if he'll get the same number of touches this year, but if SF is smart, they'll put the ball in the hands of their playmaker as much as they possibly can.Finally, I have to say I'm just not a big fan of SJax, he really wasn't even a consideration for me that high. I woulda gone LJ or SA before even considering Jackson.

As for Moss, I think he'll be motivated to perform very well for BB this year, the talents always been there, motivation is what's been missing, and I think BB will get 100% out ofhim, for this year at least. Quite happy to have him as my WR2.
Sjax had 90 catches last year, he is very much a multi-dimensional back. but to each his own

Team FM drafting at the 11 spot:

QB: Brees(4), Grossman(9) & Griese(9)

Brees early bye was very attractive and the Chicago combo ahouls leave me sitting in great shape for byes and a couple of usable weeks.

Grade A

RB: Parker(6), Jordan(5) & Jckson(7)

Parker will be solid for me. Not sure what to expecy from Jordan but he should be decent in the PPR format. I expect Jackson to be the starter in GB and I should get decent production. I can't afford any injuries at all so depth is a great concern.

Grade C

WR: Holt(9), Curtis(5), Engram(8), Toomer(9), Jurevicous(7), C.Davis(7)

Holt is stud no question. While expect Curtis and Davis to be starters, it's the dpeth of this group I like. Guys like Engram and Toomer can provide some quality games. Having 4 even during my most challenging byew weeks leaves me sitting more comfortable than most teams.

Grade B

TE: Gonzo(8) Scheffler(6)

Having a stud at the high scoring TE position in this format can be huge. Scheffler should be a decent back up. Definately an advanatge over most teams.

Grade A

PK: Graham(5) & Feeley(9)

Graham is nice kicker. Feeley should do decently. They are a god combo.

Grade B

D/ST: New England(10) & Buffalo(6)

I thought I might get Balt here but of course ravnzfan made sure that didn't happen. But I like NE right behind Balt/Chic. Their improved offense will benefit the defense in the turnover dept.

Grade A

No bye week issues at any position. A balanced team with lots of vets and a couple of rookies that should be starters. RB depth is the only concern.

A quick comment about ny grades. I based the grade on what I have compared to what you could get in a 16 team format. Having guys like Brees, Gonzo and New England, guys that rank in the top 2-5 of their positions, allow for a higher grade. Few teams have what you'd call true depth in this format so that can be overrated. I also feel the TE and QB positions are and good bye week coverage keys to having successful runs in these formats.

Overall Grade: B+

Team FM drafting at the 11 spot:

QB: Brees(4), Grossman(9) & Griese(9)

This is a good solid 3 QB's. Grossman seems to have big game about every 3/4 one. Brees is a stud yet seems a little over-valued. A

RB: Parker(6), Jordan(5) & Jackson(7)

I love FWP, Jordan = value, and Im not sure about Jackson, but he only has to beat out Morency and he can do that, should provide some decent RB3 points. Jordan also has a rookie that may push him. C

WR: Holt(9), Curtis(5), Engram(8), Toomer(9), Jurevicous(7), C.Davis(7)

Holt is a stud and we had a nice discussion about Curtis during the draft, IMO R.Brown is clearly the #1 there, but McNabb likes to spread it around and Curtis is a deep threat. Engram-Toomer- Joey Jruy provide the nice solid vet types I like to go for in these and C.Davis should supplant E.Parker in SD by mid season. Good job here FM. Solid B+

TE: Gonzo(8) Scheffler(6)

Gonzo is gold, I think the Scheffler pick might be a waste

PK: Graham(5) & Feeley(9)

D/ST: New England(10) & Buffalo(6)

Good D's and solid K.

Overall this squad should be surviving awhile.

Driver (7) - WR9

Housh (5) - WR15

Hackett (6) - WR35

Keyshawn FA - WR60

Ginn (9) - WR75

Walter (10) - WR88

Well, so much for the Keyshawn gamble. Still a good group, just a bit less solid without that 6th WR. especially since he was your 4th taken.

Driver (7) - WR9

Housh (5) - WR15

Hackett (6) - WR35

Keyshawn FA - WR60

Ginn (9) - WR75

Walter (10) - WR88

Well, so much for the Keyshawn gamble. Still a good group, just a bit less solid without that 6th WR. especially since he was your 4th taken.
Exhibit A for why you need more than 6 WRs. Dropping one in the off-season takes this roster to five. Having just five in a score three position is very troublesome due to the normal up and down sscoring of this position.

Driver (7) - WR9

Housh (5) - WR15

Hackett (6) - WR35

Keyshawn FA - WR60

Ginn (9) - WR75

Walter (10) - WR88

:confused: side wager? :unsure:

Driver (7) - WR9

Housh (5) - WR15

Hackett (6) - WR35

Keyshawn FA - WR60

Ginn (9) - WR75

Walter (10) - WR88

:confused: side wager? :unsure:
Just to clarify, it is not me who made this comment (though, it may have appeared that way by the way I screwed up the quote function thingy).That said, Ravnzfan makes an interesting proposal...Which will score more?

Ravnzfan: S. Smith, DJax, Cotchery

Shadowfax: Driver, Housh, Hackett

I would go with Ravnz myself on this one.

ConstruxBoy Self Analysis"Strategy" - Take good value, don't worry about position, don't worry about Bye weekQB: C Palmer CIN(5), J Delhomme CAR(7)I like both of these guys and think this is a strong point for me. Palmer could end up being top 2 or 3 in the league and I expect Delhomme to bounce back a little bit in the new offense. RB: B Westbrook PHI(5), C Taylor MIN(5), J Norwood ATL(8) A Peterson CHI(9)I like this group a lot, especially since this is a PPR league. Westbrook should be solid. I know everyone is excited about AD, but I really think that Taylor is going to share the load there this season. I feel confident he'll also get the bulk of the receptions. Norwood was a steal where I got him. He may evolve into more than a change of pace guy this year. I know that Wolfe is getting some hype in Chitown, but I'm a big Peterson fan and I'm not sure Benson will step up this year. WR: M Harrison IND(6), S Holmes PIT(6), B Marshall DEN(6), D Williams BAL(8), P Crayton DAL(8), S Smith NYG(9)My weak spot. Harrison is solid, but the other 5 are all young guys that may or may not take that next step this year. Obviously I think all 5 can, but it's certainly risky. Holmes should get a number of looks opposite Ward, I rEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEally hope Marshall continues his ascension, Williams is underrated, Crayton may become a solid #3 and Smith is NFL-ready for the G-men. TE: T Heap BAL(8), A Smith TB(10)At 2 ppr, I wanted a solid TE and Heap is the man. I like Smith to continue his growth as a solid pass-catching TE. PK: S Gostkowski NE(10), O Mare NO(4)Two kickers on very good offenses, one young, one old. DEF: Seattle (8), New York Giants (9)Two middle of the road defenses. Conclusion: I like my team a lot. I am weaker at WR than had I planned more for positions and weeks 5 and 6 are brutal for Bye issues, which I mostly ignored. But I did follow through on my strategy and get good value on almost every pick. Do we get points for that?If I can survive weeks 5 and 6, especially 5, I think I can be in it until the end.
I may not be long for the league, but I made it through weeks 5 and 6! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread