What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL2 Draft Thread - final jeopardy rounds (1 Viewer)

Just got home., and I have Pictus and Rene's picks:

16.04 Rian Lindell

16.05 Maurice Morris

Mine in a second

Now that I've calmed down from that Jim Sorgi pick,

I think the most helpful way to list picks for Mobile Users and the draft recorder would be to follow the format the draft recorder is using and Bold or colorize your pick so it stands out.

Avoid CAPITALIZATION and replying to posts with quotes in the draft thread.

Now you can chose what to do.

Now that I've calmed down from that Jim Sorgi pick,
:kicksrock: 16.08 Brian Robiskie - CLE/9 - WR80

That gives me 6 WRs, each with a different BYE week. Hopefully having at least 5 potential scores to choose from will help...

I'm updating the draft summary through my pick now, and then I'll be offline until Sunday.

What's all the hubbub, Bubs?

If you're rolling with 1 QB, which I made the decision to do, you have to have a QB who not only plays in a prolific offense, but one with a backup that can continue to run that offense capably in the Starter's absence.

I think Manning/Sorgi is probably the best Starter/Backup situation among QB's playing in a prolific passing offense.

When you're doing these things, you need to take Sorgi a round or so early to ensure that your Draft Strategy plays itself out.

Gotta have a plan, man...

...and PS: I love my Team!

If you're rolling with 1 QB, which I made the decision to do, you have to have a QB who not only plays in a prolific offense, but one with a backup that can continue to run that offense capably in the Starter's absence.
Um, by definition, having 2 QBs on the roster means you are NOT rolling with 1 QB :football: Secondly, while the debate of the validity of the strategy can be done elsewhere, I'd say it's pretty safe to say you could have waited 2 more rounds and grabbed him then as well.

On the road and on the phone.

Enjoyed the recap from last night. Agree that Sorgi would have been there in the last round.

What's all the hubbub, Bubs?If you're rolling with 1 QB, which I made the decision to do, you have to have a QB who not only plays in a prolific offense, but one with a backup that can continue to run that offense capably in the Starter's absence.I think Manning/Sorgi is probably the best Starter/Backup situation among QB's playing in a prolific passing offense.When you're doing these things, you need to take Sorgi a round or so early to ensure that your Draft Strategy plays itself out.Gotta have a plan, man......and PS: I love my Team!
:thumbup: I don't think Sorgi has ever been drafted in the history of these leagues...not even by Construxboy or teamramrod.

What's all the hubbub, Bubs?If you're rolling with 1 QB, which I made the decision to do, you have to have a QB who not only plays in a prolific offense, but one with a backup that can continue to run that offense capably in the Starter's absence.I think Manning/Sorgi is probably the best Starter/Backup situation among QB's playing in a prolific passing offense.When you're doing these things, you need to take Sorgi a round or so early to ensure that your Draft Strategy plays itself out.Gotta have a plan, man......and PS: I love my Team!
:) I don't think Sorgi has ever been drafted in the history of these leagues...not even by Construxboy or teamramrod.
Nope. Steel Dillo drafted him 20.02 in PDSL3 last year. I'm not looking up previous years to confirm how many more though.

:thumbup: I don't think Sorgi has ever been drafted in the history of these leagues...not even by Construxboy or teamramrod.
Nall would have been a much better pick.

:kicksrock: I don't think Sorgi has ever been drafted in the history of these leagues...not even by Construxboy or teamramrod.
Nall would have been a much better pick.
CRAIG NALL 4 LifeNo really, its ok, CRAIG NALL 4 LIfe is not a racial slur, I am taking it back....hehehehehePeace

So Rad was two away, sent one player, who was picked before him, and has been gone all day? Sigh.

OK, I'm going to be out of pocket until some time tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to send a list to valence.

Now pay attention. I'm 4 picks away, so I'm going to send a list of 4 players to cover all my bases. See how that works?

Sorry that I screwed that up. I can't believe he was on someone else's radar.

17.04 Chaz Schilens, WR, Oakland

PMing Ramrod

ConstruxBoy said:
radballs said:
Sorry that I screwed that up. I can't believe he was on someone else's radar.

17.04 Chaz Schilens, WR, Oakland

PMing Ramrod
Not a huge deal. Just seems like we're grinding to a halt here in the last couple of rounds. Not sure why.
Not a deal at all becuase even if someone takes the full eight hours, nobody is waiting to pick after that. The really dragging rate has slowed even more to painful status.Check back on Wednesday for my last pick.

sorry for the delay, I was loading the picks into Draft Dominator and when I did Sorgi, the program froze and a window popped up and the error message was...

Invalid selection. No one smokes that much crack. Matt Millen even laughed at that. While selection Craig Nall.

so here we go...

17.5 Amani "Its not a" Toomer WR NYG

pming the boys

Peace

17.09 - Josh Brown - STL/9 - K24

If Chaz had still been here I'd have thrown caution to the wind, but as it is I'll go the safe round and insure my kicker position.

Users who are viewing this thread