What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL3 Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

am I missing something, ow why was I able to get Matt Jones at 4.11 of an 18man draft?
Well he went 5.7 and 5.10 in the other two drafts.  That equates to 4.16 and 5.2 in your draft.  So to answer your question, you reached by 5-9 picks.  Further, you reached for the most injury prone position.  

With Elliot on board, I take Decker there and go RBBC at RB2.  You also limited your ability to grab and RB value that falls.

Well he went 5.7 and 5.10 in the other two drafts.  That equates to 4.16 and 5.2 in your draft.  So to answer your question, you reached by 5-9 picks.  Further, you reached for the most injury prone position.  

With Elliot on board, I take Decker there and go RBBC at RB2.  You also limited your ability to grab and RB value that falls.
Well I was just gonna be a smart ### and say because he sucks and nobody likes him but his answer was more better.

You guys and your value BS. 

How bout you take the guy you think will score the most pts at a spot where he's available to take? That's REAL value 

am I missing something, ow why was I able to get Matt Jones at 4.11 of an 18man draft?
Given the league size and lineup format, your Brees pick at 5.08 was much better than your Jones pick at 4.11.  Because of course the one time I'm three picks away from stealing a top-5 QB, Soul decides to go BPA.

Soulfly3 said:
Last year I waited on QBs til late in the draft and got pummeled for it (I dont think I had a starting QB after week 1, in which I had the high score)

Had to change it up a bit
Yeah, if you had acquired a decent QB instead of crappy Detroit RBs.  Couldn't predict Romo going down though.  Hopkins, Gronk, and Crabtree were a good core to take you far last year.

Anyone's thoughts on "stacking" in these leagues?

In theory it increases your variance - higher highs and lower lows - which is exactly what you want in a best-ball league. Then again it's a survivor, so one "lower low" and it's hit the road, Jack. 

In practice, pairing a 24-year-old QB with a 22-year-old WR scares me, but given my other options at QB were at least 37, I figured what the hell. Repeating last year's numbers from either, never mind improving on them, will be a tall order ... but if they manage I should be in the driver's seat in this thing.

I like seeing all the different strategies at work here. Got some teams w only WRs, some ignoring TE, some ignoring QB (to this point)

I went for a sprinkling of everything... Dont wanna "dominate" any one position, but be safe/solid all around. The type of roster that should keep me safe week to week, but has the upside to kill as well

Still super early, but I like where Im headed. Im using my own rankings, which will change over the summer... But for now, Im ok w where I am, despite some thinking I reached on ASJ and Jones

Soulfly3 said:
You guys and your value BS. 

How bout you take the guy you think will score the most pts at a spot where he's available to take? That's REAL value 
That guy scoring the most points thing is so not the way to go.....

It is tho.

Im not worried that one of my guys is gonna put up 100 of his 400pts in one game

I have NEVER been a value guy.. ever
Yes you have you may just not realize it.....like I remember one time somebody said I type using suspension points....or ellipsis a lot.....and I was like....no way....and then it hit me......

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for those of you who are signed up for text alerts on MFL for the draft:

Are they showing up as individual text threads? They used to all go into the same text thread (since they were from the same sender) but now each one is as if a new cell number just texted me. So freaking annoying.

Question for those of you who are signed up for text alerts on MFL for the draft:

Are they showing up as individual text threads? They used to all go into the same text thread (since they were from the same sender) but now each one is as if a new cell number just texted me. So freaking annoying.
Mine are emails, and all are in the same Thread. Id assume txt msgs would be the same. Is the phone number txting u different each time? 

Noticed the discrepancy between texts and emails last draft.....texts always come through from new sender...emails are a thread of replies, notices. Turned off text notifications and stuck with email....works great.

Weird, all my texts are in one thread but I'm only getting 1 or 2 a round and never when I'm on the clock. 

Talking of strategies I think I lost mine after the first pick. Trying not to reach to far at any single position and it has left me watching every target go a few picks ahead of where I wanted them and I'm stuck taking some guys I'm really not so high on. From here on out i guess its best lottery ticket available. 

Of course I had to wait to ask this question until I grabbed my 2nd TE  :P  but ...

... what the heck is up with the mid-tier TEs staying on the board so long? Being able to plug a 2PPR option into your weekly flex spot seems like it should be <trump>yuuuuuuuge!</trump>

Do folks really think the Allen Hurns of the world (at 1 PPR) are going to outscore a top 10 TE (at 2 PPR)?

I can't speak for anyone else but like I said earlier " watching every target go a few picks ahead of where I wanted them " thanks again btw.

I'm looking back over my roster thus far, and I'm thinking, "My team is ... meh." Then I pull up the roster grid, and I'm like, "Hey, wait a minute ... everyone's team is meh."  18-teamers FTW!

Fun looking into everyone's strategies here. FFWMD going WR-WR-WR-WR, which I honestly think I've never seen in all my time playing in these survivor league drafts. Not to be outdone, B&J going RB-RB-RB-RB with picks 3-6.  Some clown taking TE2 and then backing him up in the 6th round.  :loco:

At this point I feel like the 9-year-old version of me playing Zork for the first time, finding my way out of the initial dungeon only to find myself standing there in a field with exits in all four directions and going, "WTF do I do now?"

Mine are emails, and all are in the same Thread. Id assume txt msgs would be the same. Is the phone number txting u different each time? 
It's from a different number each time, but it's not a phone number (only 9 digits). 410100275, 410100276, etc.

I'm looking back over my roster thus far, and I'm thinking, "My team is ... meh." Then I pull up the roster grid, and I'm like, "Hey, wait a minute ... everyone's team is meh."  18-teamers FTW!

Fun looking into everyone's strategies here. FFWMD going WR-WR-WR-WR, which I honestly think I've never seen in all my time playing in these survivor league drafts. Not to be outdone, B&J going RB-RB-RB-RB with picks 3-6.  Some clown taking TE2 and then backing him up in the 6th round.  :loco:

At this point I feel like the 9-year-old version of me playing Zork for the first time, finding my way out of the initial dungeon only to find myself standing there in a field with exits in all four directions and going, "WTF do I do now?"
Dat flex tho

Well, I had a bit to drink last night and apparently added tavon austin to my predraft list.

Whoever took crowell just ahead of me, just blew up my draft :lol:  He was my #1 pre-pick. Ugh.

Serves me right from backing away from my typical "WR's Rule" philosophy

Mr. Irrelevant said:
Gates was a fantastic get for you; I was debating between him or Barnidge in the early 6th. I fully expect him to outscore the "TE1" you drafted 36 picks earlier.
Really debated Gates with my previous pick. 

Sorry. Woke up this morning and have been driving since. I would take Perriman, if that's how this works?

Afternoon guys.  Been a while.

Been busy, but I was able to keep up on the draft.

Had to go QB/QB here to lock down starters  - especially in an 18 team league.

After starting at RB (David Johnson), I couldn't pass up Jamaal Charles where I got him. I rarely - if ever - have started RB/RB in these, but two RB1s secures the RB spot and then I can go after the rest.  John Brown and Donte Moncrief are not world beaters, but WRs by committee can work.  Ertz was a decent TE option as well, so I think I have a decent start so far.

Should be quite interesting with 18 squads here.

Mr. Irrelevant

Player

2015 YTD Pts

Bye

Drafted

Bortles, Blake JAC QB

Taylor, Tyrod BUF QB

Anderson, C.J. DEN RB

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Robinson, Allen JAC WR

Barnidge, Gary CLE TE

Reed, Jordan WAS TE

7 Total Players

Four out of the first 7 picks is a steep price for a QB/TE combo, but with the two extra teams in play I expect QB to thin out very quickly, and I don't have enough confidence in Bortles to ride him alone all season. 

As for TE, Barnidge ought to fill my flex slot the majority of weeks, and providing high-end insurance for the fragile Reed is a nice bonus. 

Looks like I'll be taking a RB2 and WR3 by committee approach - not too worried about finding usable plug-in options for the latter, but I'll probably have to live with giving up a few points a week at the RB position. So it goes.

When the flex position was added to this league it was the first thing that caught my eye....the extra teams meh....but the flex....hmmmm.......IMO that changed the price of donuts....it made this a survivor double secret TE slap your grandma.....Ima get mine so get yours...mutha f'er...I would have seriously considered going TE/TE and probably added a third while going solo elsewhere....a below average day from a scrub TE might still score before RB/WR....would have been licking my chops at gaining points on the field each week here....

ASJ before some of the other guys was crazy tho unless I am missing something....

Anyone else not getting emails today from MFL? Timed out here and almost in another league but was saved by a text

sorry about here

Cripes I missed 2 picks . Was playing slap **** all day here in pol threads. Argh you ####ers 

I ashamed now , I am , I really am

:kicksrock:

we're ashamed of you too.

as for ASJ, I took him because at that point, he was the highest rated on my board. I dont care a bunch about last year's production.

Only played 6 full games last year, didnt he? maybe 7? put in 4TDs some nice catches, in a year that jameis was finding his feet.

Im grabbing ASJ wherever possible this season

ETA: according to PFR< he only started 3 games last season, but played in 7

Well.. Didnt wanna necessarily take a QB there (Osweiler), but if I didnt, I was going to be 100% screwed with only 1qb... 

I like Brock... esp as a backup. but i wouldve rather built up another position.

RuffRody, I dont know who you are... or where you're from....

But I will find you, and make life miserable for you. :lol:

I just screwed up my pick, sorry.  Fat fingered it while I was searching.

Will post replacement guy here in a minute, sorry.

Mr. Irrelevant

Player

2015 YTD Pts

Bye

Drafted

Bortles, Blake JAC QB

Taylor, Tyrod BUF QB

Anderson, C.J. DEN RB

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

Robinson, Allen JAC WR

Barnidge, Gary CLE TE

Reed, Jordan WAS TE

7 Total Players

Four out of the first 7 picks is a steep price for a QB/TE combo, but with the two extra teams in play I expect QB to thin out very quickly, and I don't have enough confidence in Bortles to ride him alone all season. 

As for TE, Barnidge ought to fill my flex slot the majority of weeks, and providing high-end insurance for the fragile Reed is a nice bonus. 

Looks like I'll be taking a RB2 and WR3 by committee approach - not too worried about finding usable plug-in options for the latter, but I'll probably have to live with giving up a few points a week at the RB position. So it goes.

REAPER

PLAYER

2015 YTD PTS

BYE

DRAFTED

Brady, Tom NEP QB (S)

Romo, Tony DAL QB (P)

Freeman, Devonta ATL RB

McCoy, LeSean BUF RB

Bryant, Dez DAL WR (P)

Maclin, Jeremy KCC WR

Snead, Willie NOS WR

Wallace, Mike BAL WR

Allen, Dwayne IND TE

Witten, Jason DAL TE

Had the same plan with my draft but, 4 out of top 8 picks for QB/TE.....

Thought I still wound up with decent value with Snead / Wallace and even Maclin at 4.04

Arian Foster will either end up being a complete steal for me, or an epic airball. 

Total homerun shot

Arian Foster will either end up being a complete steal for me, or an epic airball. 

Total homerun shot
:lol:  I saw that pick pop up on the MFL roster grid and I didn't even have to scroll up on my phone to know who made it. I'll say this for you, my man, you're nothing if not consistent.

On an unrelated topic, it looks like @WheelsUp went into MFL and replaced his 11th-round timeout with Drake but not his 10th-rounder.

If you're out there, Wheels, may want to do that before too many other names go off the board ... 

My draft so far:

SSL3-10picks-v1.PNG

Also checking to see how I can add this to a post...

OK, looks decent, nice.

So far, so good with two starting QBs and TEs, 4 decent WRs (even if none are Top 10 candidates) and two rock-solid RBs.  I'll take it in this wide of a league.

:lol:  I saw that pick pop up on the MFL roster grid and I didn't even have to scroll up on my phone to know who made it. I'll say this for you, my man, you're nothing if not consistent.
too good not to be signed... and rumor is NE doing some heavy sniffing. 

he'll land somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread