What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SSL4 Pick Thread (1 Viewer)

Nice pick, and at the same time, thank you for keeping me from picking Maroney here. I considered him in the seventh and eighth, and I would have taken him over Ricky if I didn't already have Ronnie Brown. Once I took Ricky, I knew I couldn't take him in the eighth because they have the same bye week. I think he's such a big value that I seriously considered building my draft around getting him in the later rounds.

I'm goiing with another non-traditional (for me) pick here:

9.13 NY Jets Defense DST1

Manning, Gates and the Jets should be near the top of their respective positions, which should make up for some of my deficiencies at other positions.

If you guys are prepared enough you could get back to bostonfred's 10.04 pretty quickly as everyone is here somewhere........

Last edited by a moderator:
Wood, if you're in the thread and Nugget or I are up, you can send me a short list. I'd be happy to help around the turn.

Sorry guys, picks went off while I was commuting home. I'm ready for this pick and then the early 10th round no problem. Give me a minute to type up my selection.

Sorry guys, picks went off while I was commuting home. I'm ready for this pick and then the early 10th round no problem. Give me a minute to type up my selection.
3 1/2 hours thats a long commute
:thumbdown: I'm not sure what you do for a living, but being online and checking this league from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. and then hopping off for 3 hours is the best I can offer. Sorry if that's too slow for you. It's all in the timing. Had a few more picks been made earlier in the day, I would've been all set to bang out my 9th and 10th rounders before I was out of commish and then no one would've been the wiser.

:thumbdown: I'm not sure what you do for a living, but being online and checking this league from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. and then hopping off for 3 hours is the best I can offer. Sorry if that's too slow for you. It's all in the timing. Had a few more picks been made earlier in the day, I would've been all set to bang out my 9th and 10th rounders before I was out of commish and then no one would've been the wiser.
What I do is try to be considerate of others in this draft. You have timed out one and come within 30 minutes at least two other times. What I do is if I'm with in a pick or two when I know I'm going to be away is send a list. As a staffer I'd think you could do the same.

What I do is try to be considerate of others in this draft. You have timed out one and come within 30 minutes at least two other times. What I do is if I'm with in a pick or two when I know I'm going to be away is send a list. As a staffer I'd think you could do the same.
OK, you are obsessed with this "staffer" thing. What it has to do with drafting in SSL is beyond me. Either way, I apologized for this weekend, but if you can't get past it, then go ahead and keep letting it put a cloud over an otherwise kick ### draft and league.

per email, teamramrod selects:

10.12 - Josh Morgan, WR60, SF (9)

10.13 - Thomas Jones, RB47, KC (4) (see next post..)

PM's out....to Stinkin' Ref and menobrown....

really no big deal, and just just throwing this out there for discussion and that can happen in the discussion thread, but thought I would post it here to start.....just wondering about posting/announcing preselects in the forum...I will use what just happened as an example.....not trying to sound like a little ##### or be the draft po-po, but just bare with me....

right now we are at 10.12....waiting on ramrod's pick

crippler has already posted what his pick will be after ramrod (Jones or Floyd)

yellow has pm'd his picks......but could come back in as he is in and out

then I am up....

I don't know how everybody else keeps track of who is available, but I do know that sometimes guys get picked over again when someone thinks they are still available and they are not, and I have also seen guys say "wow, I thought he was taken already".....

I guess my point is realistically, I could be sitting on Jones or Floyd and ramrod and/or yellow could come back in, check things out, see cripplers post and take one of those guys when they maybe weren't thinking about it at first....they might not really know they are still available (depends on their tracking sysytem?)...and now because crippler tipped his hand, I may not get one of the guys I was sitting on......guess I would just rather see pm's used to prevent something like this from happening......

and please understand, just throwing this out there and I am not upset at all and no way in heck am I really sitting on either one of those crappy players .... :whoosh:

dang it....yellow was just here and he was up.....I clicked on his name at the bottom of screen and sent him a pm....then he leaves.....I know he sent a list to jeter, but doesn't look like he is around now..... :lmao:

he's back...cool

Users who are viewing this thread