What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Start-Up Dynasty Football 12-Team League on MFL - PPR, Superflex, TE Premium, and IDP - $75 on LeagueSafe (One Spot Left) (1 Viewer)

ThatCoreyGuy

Footballguy
Some Highlights

• Start-Up 12-team Fantasy Football Dynasty League
• Individual offensive and defensive players
• Superflex – additional flex position so you can start two QBs if you want to
• Tight-End Premium – TEs receive an additional 0.5 points per reception
• All touchdowns are worth 6 points, but interceptions are minus 4 points
• IDP-123 Scoring – increased scoring potential for IDPs
• Rookie Draft and Auction Draft each season
• Rookie Draft for the inaugural season will be an auction-style draft but starting next year, it'll be a 5 round conventional draft (order based on prior year record, etc.)
• 32 player active roster – 9 offensive starters, 9 IDP starters, 14 bench slots
• Practice squad slots (6 available) for rookies only
• Injured reserve slots (6 available) for IR or Out status
• $1,000 yearly salary cap
• No contract years are assigned
• Veteran players may only be a keeper for 3 years in a row
• Rookies may be a keeper for 5 years (rookie season counts as the first year)
• Keeper salaries have minimums or increase by 25% from the previous year
• Salary cap penalty of 25% for dropped players
• Blind bid waivers will run Wednesday – Monday each week of the season
• Keeper base salary is the salary paid from the prior season rookie draft, auction draft, or waiver blind bid, whichever is HIGHER.

Please reply to this message if you have questions, need more information, or if you would like a copy of the bylaws.

League Website: https://www47.myfantasyleague.com/2023/home/72966#0

LeagueSafe Classifieds: https://www.leaguesafe.com/classifieds/listing/4094822

Below are links to two other leagues I manage as well. I’m happy to put you in contact with any of the owners in these two leagues to verify my competence as a commissioner.

https://www47.myfantasyleague.com/2023/home/68756#0
Dynasty League I have been running since 2019.

https://www47.myfantasyleague.com/2023/home/45267#0
Keeper league I have been running since 1999. We had previously used ESPN and switched to My Fantasy League for the 2021 season to make it easier to track keeper information.

Shoot me an email at: cthoesen@gmail.com if interested in the start-up league or the remaining orphaned team in my other dynasty league.

Thank you!

Last edited:
I have questions on your initial rookie draft. How will the draft order be determined for it, and can draft picks be traded prior to it? Also, if you match someone's bid to foil an attempted taxi squad poach, does that raise their salary?

I have questions on your initial rookie draft. How will the draft order be determined for it, and can draft picks be traded prior to it? Also, if you match someone's bid to foil an attempted taxi squad poach, does that raise their salary?
Great questions.

The initial rookie draft will actually be an auction so no draft order needed. Teams will be allowed to nominate ("bring out") up to two rookies at a time for auction. It'll be an eBay style auction ("proxy bidding"), same as the veteran player auction later in the offseason. The last article of the bylaws (titled Inaugural Season) talks about this special rookie auction but now that I've re-read it, I probably need to re-write it to make it clearer and maybe change the title of that article as well.

Yes, if another team puts in a bid on one of your unprotected practice squad players and you match that bid then that matched bid becomes the salary for that player. Remember though that players on the taxi squad do not count against your salary cap until you promote him to your active roster. If you match the bid, he can remain on your taxi squad.

For example, say you pickup a rookie (Player A) outside of the rookie draft (thus he is not a protected player) with a winning bid of $10 and you place him on your taxi squad. A few weeks later, Team B puts in a bid on Player A for $15 but you decide to match the bid. Now Player A will show a salary of $15 on your taxi squad even though that $15 does not count against your $1,000 salary cap while on the practice squad. If you decided not to match the offer, Team B would "poach" that player from your taxi squad but would be required to place Player A on his active roster.

Thank you for your questions. I will update both of those sections in the bylaws to make them clearer, so I always appreciate the opportunity to clarify the rules from these types of questions.

--C

Users who are viewing this thread