What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Starting Chubb or DJJ over______ (2 Viewers)

The fbg rankings suggest we use a lot more caution on this situation. They're not exactly high on Chubb.

Chubb in over Godwin in flex currently but i'm wavering a bit, Tampa will be throwing a lot as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of Chubb over Godwin, but I may play it safe and go with the lower floor in Godwin. TB will be passing and i think the big winner initially is Duke in this game. May want to wait and see how this backfield shakes out first. 

Already started David Johnson, who only put up 8.5 points.  With Conner on a bye, I can start 2 of Breida, Chubb, Collins, and Murray (listed alphabetically  :) ), and will likely just flip a coin on all of them.  Going by SOS for RB's, the order should be Chubb, Murray, Breida, and Collins.  I have chosen my starters pretty poorly so far, and will surely do so again this week.

Note:  Last week I had my wife decide between Ebron and Reed, and she sucks too!

The fbg rankings suggest we use a lot more caution on this situation. They're not exactly high on Chubb.
Yes, all surprisingly low. About 10 points ish in PPR. Have all of my alternatives (Collins, Howard, Mack) higher for the most part. Mack lower in a couple cases.

Why do you think Chubb will do better?   Yeldon has no comp this week. 
After last weeks game vs. Dallas, I am not thrilled with Jax offense.  I think Yeldon can still do ok, but my league has big bonuses for longer TDs so I am going with Chubb.  We are total points league and I have catching up to do so I am going for the home run hitter.

So, potential upside is my deciding factor.  

• Thanks
Reactions: SCT
The original deal was just Julio but when I said I'd think about it he offered Hyde as well. I agree with the value of Hyde moving forward and I just read he might not even play this week. 

After looking at the projections moving forward and SOS remaining I think I'm going to stick with Chubb. Can't believe I'm turning down a trade where I would get a #1 pick for a guy I got on waivers 3 weeks ago. 
You are overthinking this.  Julio is a top WR the rest of the way.  Chubb is unknown but I doubt he is going to be a top RB.

Let me put it differently - Hyde currently sits at RB14 in my league - how much better will Chubb do without receptions?  Is that going to be equal to Julio?  It might happen - but unlikely

Duke over Collins - let me know if you do not agree.  I see a most rankings have it opposite

Last edited by a moderator:
k - but how much better will Chubb be than a guy he couldn't beat out?  I get that it may happen with more PT - but my comments are directly towards whether or not the one guy should trade him for Julio straight up.

k - but how much better will Chubb be than a guy he couldn't beat out?  I get that it may happen with more PT - but my comments are directly towards whether or not the one guy should trade him for Julio straight up.
I'd trade Chubb for Julio in a second.

But if Chubb isn't better than Hyde, it won't be because Hyde catches more passes.

I'd trade Chubb for Julio in a second.

But if Chubb isn't better than Hyde, it won't be because Hyde catches more passes.
I think we are in agreement - I am stating if he caught passes and was used in that way, I would expect a good shot to outproduce Hyde.  Without that added share, I wouldn't expect him to climb inside top 8.

Except Chubb should get short yardage / GL carries. Those TDs can balance value in PPR leagues. And Chubb’s shown he can break the long runs - those add value in a hurry. 

And, not for nothin, he might get some receptions.  We just don’t know yet. 

It’s possible. 

But last year they didn’t have Chubb. 

That’s not a small thing when evaluating Chubb vs Duke. They spent a high pick on Chubb, and he’s looked explosive. 

Chubb/Duke as a 1-2 punch at RB is pretty solid for the Browns. 

IMO it’ll work out ok for fantasy owners of both players. 
I think this is the best approach , both RBs will 'eat' today. I dont think you can go wrong with either. 

Fantasyindex says Chubb is going to be 'very special' . they have him shooting up the RB rankings. so there's a large variance between opinions on this situation.

judging by his 7ypc avg this season in limited duties, I think we'll know very quickly how this thing plays out. just my guess, Chubb will crush that TB defense and will be a top 5-7 RB the rest of the way, and a lock at a top 5 overall selection in next year's draft. 

DJ will get a ton of looks today not just becuase of the Hyde trade, but because Landry has completely forgotten how to catch the ball. DJ had 11 fantasy pts last week as part of a trifecta of RBs.now it's down to 2. He's going to get plenty of looks today in one of the highest over/under totals of the week.

Starting Chubb over John Brown, technically. Have a good feeling about Collins today....

...is not something I thought I’d say. 

Users who are viewing this thread