What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stat Corrections (1 Viewer)

C-Bound

Footballguy
How do you guys handle stat corrections?  We have been using nfl.com for several years and have never even thought about them.  As far as I know they don't update scoring automatically.  I see that Miles Boykin had a TD added in week 1 and his scoring was not automatically updated. 

Anyway, this week I won by 1 point but I seem to recall A. Miller on Thursday night getting credit for a catch that was nullified by penalty.  If that is true and was corrected it would put my game in a tie in which I would lose the tiebreaker.  For this to matter it would have to auto update the score on our site but this did make me wonder if other fantasy sites auto corrected or how other leagues handle these?

My league has been doing them automatically for years. We just let the system handle it.

There was one year when a stat correction did not get posted until Thursday night, and whatever site we were using at the time (ESPN?) did not implement the change. (They fixed the stats for the real players but not the fantasy players, LOL.) But since no one in the league even knew that the change might happen, we just rolled with whatever had been posted on Thursday morning.

My league has been doing them automatically for years. We just let the system handle it.

There was one year when a stat correction did not get posted until Thursday night, and whatever site we were using at the time (ESPN?) did not implement the change. (They fixed the stats for the real players but not the fantasy players, LOL.) But since no one in the league even knew that the change might happen, we just rolled with whatever had been posted on Thursday morning.
Sounds like its hit or miss which seems odd.  You'd think the sites would always auto update final scoring with the corrections or not.

Sounds like its hit or miss which seems odd.  You'd think the sites would always auto update final scoring with the corrections or not.
There are two separate issues at play.

The first issue is whether a FF site will automatically correct the stats. Most do (Yahoo, ESPN), but some do not (MyFantasyLeague). With MFL, you can adjust the settings to allow for stat corrections, but if your Commish forgets to do this at the beginning of the season, then it can really screw things up down the line.

The second issue is whether a FF site will retroactively correct stats after the next week has already started. NONE of them do this as far as I know. If a mistake doesn't get caught until Thursday night, too bad. Luckily, this has only happened a few times with minimal impact. The vast majority of stat corrections are posted by Wednesday night.

Our league site (Fantrax) handles this. We use idp’s and in a close game, it becomes a sweat fest mid-week. 

Users who are viewing this thread