What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steeler WR Cedric Wilson arrested for assualt (1 Viewer)

Remember the part where he was a backup.
Backup to who?
To Bettis: they got him during the draft, and cut Bam in June.You seem to think I'm picking on the Steelers, but my point is that in the case of a Cedrick Wilson or a Bam Morris, the decision would be the same and would be as easy for any team.
And for some reason my quotes are being taken out of context for whatever reason.....Anyway, the truth is still there...and that is that the Steelers have also been known to cut quality players because of stupid incidents, and not just 4th WR's, which is the basis of everything I have been tring to say. Only some people are trying to make more out of it.

“I know many are asking the question of [why] we released Wilson and Harrison we kept,” Rooney said. “The circumstances — I know of the incidents, they are completely different. In fact, when I say we don’t condone these things, we don’t, but we do have to look at the circumstances that are involved with other players and things like that, so they’re not all the same.“What Jimmy Harrison was doing and how the incident occurred, what he was trying to do was really well worth it. He was doing something that was good, wanted to take his son to get baptized where he lived and things like that. She said she didn’t want to do it.”
So the point appears to be if you smack your wife over a religious disagreement, that is better, or in Rooney's opinion "well worth it"? Uhhhh... :goodposting:

The difference is that this is the third incident with Wilson that I can recall. In January they had to call the SWAT team to his house because of a dispute between him and his gf. I can understand them giving Harrison a second chance. Wilson has already gotten his second chance, and even a third if my memory is correct.

The Steelers are a disgrace and embarrassment with all this behavior.

-QG
The Steelers will only be a disgrace if they sit back and do nothing.
Why the Steelers are not the Bengals:Wilson Cut
QG :shrug: CW :no:

Seriously though, this is why I love the city of Pittsburgh and all it stands for. They dont stand for this kind of ####.
Then why isn't James Harrison getting cut? o ya that's right cut Cedrick Wilson sucks. I never liked the signing..so glad he's gone.

This thread needs a warning label...

CAUTION: Steeler fans under high pressure. Watch out for backwards logic and self back-patting. Should you find yourself waving a yellow towel in the air for no apprent reason, consult your doctor.

Obviously a double standard exists here, but ALL pro sports organizations will always come down harder on an expendable player than than they will a star player. We may not want to acknowledge it but these principals also apply within many business organizations as well.

I have no doubt that Wilson was let go easier than say, S Holmes, because he is of less talent. It is a double standard and I do understand that, but there are teams in the NFL that would not cut someone loose IMMEDIATELY following an incident such as this. The Steelers have been and will continue to be one of the classiest organizations in the NFL under Rooneys watch.

Obviously a double standard exists here, but ALL pro sports organizations will always come down harder on an expendable player than than they will a star player. We may not want to acknowledge it but these principals also apply within many business organizations as well.
That's all fine and good. However, it does not entitle Pittsburgh to a high road. Actually, I guess it does make them a little better than Cincy, who wouldn't even chop a crappy player over something like this.I'm actually surprised there's been zero response/reaction to Rooney's "well worth it" quote. That was as bad as any on the record quote I've seen in a while.

I'm actually surprised there's been zero response/reaction to Rooney's "well worth it" quote. That was as bad as any on the record quote I've seen in a while.
There has been plenty of response. Rooney really did not handle this well. He came out with a "clarification" this morning:

"To clarify the comments made earlier regarding the conduct of our players, in no way do we condone domestic violence of any kind," the statement read. "Each incident must be considered on a case-by-case basis."In the situation with James Harrison, he contacted us immediately after his incident and has taken responsibility for his actions."In today's decision with Cedrick Wilson, we determined the situation was severe enough to warrant the player being released immediately."We trust that today's roster move will indicate our intentions and send a message that we will not tolerate this type of conduct."More here:

Rooney's rationale in abuse cases leads to criticism

I'm actually surprised there's been zero response/reaction to Rooney's "well worth it" quote. That was as bad as any on the record quote I've seen in a while.
There has been plenty of response. Rooney really did not handle this well. He came out with a "clarification" this morning:

"To clarify the comments made earlier regarding the conduct of our players, in no way do we condone domestic violence of any kind," the statement read. "Each incident must be considered on a case-by-case basis."In the situation with James Harrison, he contacted us immediately after his incident and has taken responsibility for his actions."In today's decision with Cedrick Wilson, we determined the situation was severe enough to warrant the player being released immediately."We trust that today's roster move will indicate our intentions and send a message that we will not tolerate this type of conduct."More here:

Rooney's rationale in abuse cases leads to criticism
Really? I was referring to response in this thread but I also really haven't heard anything about it on talk radio. Maybe March Madness was good timing in that regard. I found it a little humorous to read the "clarification." That wasn't really a clarification at all of the 'well worth it' statement; it was just another clumsy attempt to justify double standard, which let's be honest, is in fact a double standard and not a surprising one. Better off saying nothing at all than those two press releases.

That's all fine and good. However, it does not entitle Pittsburgh to a high road. Actually, I guess it does make them a little better than Cincy, who wouldn't even chop a crappy player over something like this.I'm actually surprised there's been zero response/reaction to Rooney's "well worth it" quote. That was as bad as any on the record quote I've seen in a while.
I simply stated a sad truth. No one is entitled to take the "high road" when these kind of acts occur against women.

I simply stated a sad truth. No one is entitled to take the "high road" when these kind of acts occur against women.
Except for self-righteous knuckleheads who want to scream about the Steelers actually taking action against players with criminal activity. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Woman says former Steeler Wilson never punched her

PITTSBURGH (AP)—The estranged girlfriend of former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson denies that he punched her at a suburban restaurant this week.

Lindsey Paulat said Wilson got upset but only shoved her when he saw her drinking Wednesday night.

“He never punched. He pushed me in the side of the head,” Paulat told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Friday. “It was misconstrued apparently by the people around us.”

In a criminal complaint, Northern Regional police said Wilson pushed Paulat on the shoulder and, when she turned around, punched her in the face. Wilson, 29, is charged with simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct. He remains free on $10,000 bail.

Wilson apologized and said he would attend anger management classes. The Steelers released Wilson on Thursday, a few hours after his arraignment.

Wilson’s attorney, Paul Goltz, is out of the country, and his office has said the attorney handling the case will not comment.

Wilson and Paulat, who have a 1-year-old daughter together, also were involved in a fight in January at his house. Police charged her with firing two gunshots after Wilson left his house. Paulat, 26, of Fawn Township, is awaiting trial.

“Cedrick has been very supportive as we are working through issues,” she said. “I think he was just basically disappointed in me and he only wants the best for me and my daughter.”

link

Woman says former Steeler Wilson never punched her

PITTSBURGH (AP)—The estranged girlfriend of former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson denies that he punched her at a suburban restaurant this week.

Lindsey Paulat said Wilson got upset but only shoved her when he saw her drinking Wednesday night.

“He never punched. He pushed me in the side of the head,” Paulat told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Friday. “It was misconstrued apparently by the people around us.”

In a criminal complaint, Northern Regional police said Wilson pushed Paulat on the shoulder and, when she turned around, punched her in the face. Wilson, 29, is charged with simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct. He remains free on $10,000 bail.

Wilson apologized and said he would attend anger management classes. The Steelers released Wilson on Thursday, a few hours after his arraignment.

Wilson’s attorney, Paul Goltz, is out of the country, and his office has said the attorney handling the case will not comment.

Wilson and Paulat, who have a 1-year-old daughter together, also were involved in a fight in January at his house. Police charged her with firing two gunshots after Wilson left his house. Paulat, 26, of Fawn Township, is awaiting trial.

“Cedrick has been very supportive as we are working through issues,” she said. “I think he was just basically disappointed in me and he only wants the best for me and my daughter.”

link
AKA -- "OMG...wait....if he doesn't have a job, I don't have any money...." :thumbup: "Let me explain...."

This thread needs a warning label...CAUTION: Steeler fans under high pressure. Watch out for backwards logic and self back-patting. Should you find yourself waving a yellow towel in the air for no apprent reason, consult your doctor.
Poor Asi needs a tissue. :thumbup:

I really love Rooney's "well worth it" statement. Thats crazy. Im really sorry but I don't think hitting a woman is every "well worth it"... I mean if Harrison's wife was attacking him with a knife... ok, well worth it. Hitting her over a baptism.. not so worth it in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread