What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steelers Superbowl Jerseys (1 Viewer)

Home or Away

• Home Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Away White

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How's this for schtick...

Steelers Notebook: On the road with white jerseys

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Figuring if it ain't broke, don't fix it, the Steelers chose to wear their white road jerseys in the Super Bowl even though they are the "home" team.

They had first choice and they picked white because they wore white the past three playoff games, all on the road.

Coach Bill Cowher said they chose their road uniforms because, "we're on the road. We're not playing at Heinz Field."

The Steelers wear their black uniforms at home and at some games on the road when the home team wears its white jerseys. Although Cowher said it was his decision to pick white, he did have input from others in the organization.

"I didn't think too much about it. I don't think it's that big of a deal what jersey color you're wearing. Maybe that's just me. They wanted to know whether we were going to wear away jerseys or home jerseys. We're not playing at Heinz Field, so if we're not playing at Heinz Field, to me, that's an away game. I think anyone can understand that rationale. That's what I was thinking. If it's a sensitive issue to people, I'm sorry."

Now where's that egg on your face smiley?

How's this for schtick...

Steelers Notebook: On the road with white jerseys

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Figuring if it ain't broke, don't fix it, the Steelers chose to wear their white road jerseys in the Super Bowl even though they are the "home" team.

They had first choice and they picked white because they wore white the past three playoff games, all on the road.

Coach Bill Cowher said they chose their road uniforms because, "we're on the road. We're not playing at Heinz Field."

The Steelers wear their black uniforms at home and at some games on the road when the home team wears its white jerseys. Although Cowher said it was his decision to pick white, he did have input from others in the organization.

"I didn't think too much about it. I don't think it's that big of a deal what jersey color you're wearing. Maybe that's just me. They wanted to know whether we were going to wear away jerseys or home jerseys. We're not playing at Heinz Field, so if we're not playing at Heinz Field, to me, that's an away game. I think anyone can understand that rationale. That's what I was thinking. If it's a sensitive issue to people, I'm sorry."

Now where's that egg on your face smiley?
Obviously Cowher is trying to cover his tracks. He was asked to pick a uniform and he picked one. He said he didn't think much about it, however when asked why he choose white he had a couple explanations.It's not like he picked white and when asked why, he replied "I don't know." This leads me to believe he overthought the decision.

Bahhh, I'm gonna have to drink that much more :banned: just so I don't :X at the sight of the Sea home jersey's for 3 straight hrs.

Seriously, they should do something about those things. The colors are great but for some reason the uni makes my eyes bleed. :confused:
:goodposting: Those uni's are god awful. Something about having the same color pants & jersey's (except white) annoy the hell out of me. :yucky:

Obviously Cowher is trying to cover his tracks. He was asked to pick a uniform and he picked one. He said he didn't think much about it, however when asked why he choose white he had a couple explanations.

It's not like he picked white and when asked why, he replied "I don't know." This leads me to believe he overthought the decision.
Obvious to you which leads me back to :yawn:

Obviously Cowher is trying to cover his tracks.  He was asked to pick a uniform and he picked one.  He said he didn't think much about it, however when asked why he choose white he had a couple explanations.

It's not like he picked white and when asked why, he replied "I don't know."  This leads me to believe he overthought the decision.
Obvious to you which leads me back to :yawn:
I am just saying more coaches like to treat the Super Bowl like a normal game as far as routine and approach. With something as remedial as picking a jersey Cowher obviously over-thought it and then when to consult with other presonnel within the Steelers organization on a decision he has made on his own for the entire year.Surely a jersey color is not going to influence the outcome of the game, but I think it does give us insight to Cowher's approach to the game; and the possibility that he may over-think a more important yet 'remedial' decision prior to or during the Super Bowl.

It's not like he picked white and when asked why, he replied "I don't know."  This leads me to believe he overthought the decision.
This proves Cowher is a bad coach, he can't even pick the right jersey color! :rolleyes: I can't believe we've come to the point where we are criticizing a coach for overthinking (whatever that means) the jersey color his team is going to wear. :thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
This proves Cowher is a bad coach, he can't even pick the right jersey color! :rolleyes: I can't believe we've come to the point where we are criticizing a coach for overthinking (whatever that means) the jersey color his team is going to wear. :thumbdown:
Hey, I think Cowher is a great coach. His track record is that he over-thinks himself in big games and sometimes plays not to lose than to play to win. We are just under two weeks out and the guy is already over-thinking something remedial.Ultimately Cowher will be judged whether his team wins or loses.

Hey, I think Cowher is a great coach. His track record is that he over-thinks himself in big games and sometimes plays not to lose than to play to win. We are just under two weeks out and the guy is already over-thinking something remedial.Ultimately Cowher will be judged whether his team wins or loses.
Yeah, he sure over-thought himself the past 3 weeks...He picked white because the Steelers have a three game winning streak wearing white and because he feels when they aren't playing at Heinz, they aren't the home team and shouldn't be wearing home colors. I don't consider that to be overthinking.

Criticize Cowher all you want but to do it for his choice on the color of the team jersey is ridiculous. Tell me, do you think it will be a mistake if he decides to wear black pants or should he go with khakis?

Tell me, do you think it will be a mistake if he decides to wear black pants or should he go with khakis?
If he has to call others within the Steeler organization on game day to get their opinion on whether he should wear black pants or go with khakis, then I would say yes.
Although Cowher said it was his decision to pick white, he did have input from others in the organization.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me, do you think it will be a mistake if he decides to wear black pants or should he go with khakis?
If he has to call others within the Steeler organization on game day to get their opinion on whether he should wear black pants or go with khakis, then I would say yes.
I feel like shooting myself after reading this nonsense. /Just saying.

I feel like shooting myself after reading this nonsense.

/Just saying.
Well this is specifically what I am talking about. Did he consult with others when deciding to wear the black or white jerseys for each home game? I assume he didn't, so now I am wondering why he feels he needs to consult with others now. Doesn't he have more important things to do then to have conference calls about jersey color?

I feel like shooting myself after reading this nonsense.

/Just saying.
Well this is specifically what I am talking about. Did he consult with others when deciding to wear the black or white jerseys for each home game? I assume he didn't, so now I am wondering why he feels he needs to consult with others now. Doesn't he have more important things to do then to have conference calls about jersey color?
He said that he got input from others, that doesn't necessarily mean that he was making conference calls and asking them what he should do. I get input from my wife all the time -- whether I ask for it or not.

This is just a stupid thing to go on about.

They will be wearing White. Seattle had the better record. They are the home team.
I thought we'd been through this.Home field rotates in the Super Bowl, same as the World Series. Home field alternates between conferences, regular season records have no bearing on it. Pittsburgh is the home team, and chose to wear the white jerseys.
[baseball]Just to get nitpicky, that's not how they decide home field for the World Series anymore. Because of possibly the most idiotic decision by any commissioner in the history of modern sports, it's now dependent on the winner of the all star game.

[/baseball]
True indeed. I had forgotten about that. OK, then it rotates like the WS used to...

This is just a stupid thing to go on about.
Yes, I agree. Cowher over-thought this minor decision.
It's the Superbowl! You and I and the whole world may think it is a minor decision, but everything is big in the big game! Is it a decision that will be a major influence on the outcome of the game? No. But it is a game that will be of historical significance and one that is watched by tens of millions of people. So deciding what uniform to wear may merit some thought. Would you put a little thought into what you wear to a job interview? A wedding if you are the groom? How about if you were speaking to a special audience? Your idea that he over anlyzed the decision is ludicrous.

white jerseys are nicer, they been on a streak with them so keep it going...even though when I think of the black ones the first thing that comes to mind is the superbowl victories I think white is right this year

Users who are viewing this thread