What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steve Bannon: Latest victim of political persecution. Democrats will not be happy until everyone who opposes them is in prison.. (1 Viewer)

There was a long thread about this at the time.  I remember questions about that Kolfage fellow.  I didn't know Bannon was wrapped up in this too.

From twitter  (@renato_mariotti)

The crowdraising campaign raised more than $25 million, and pledged that the founder would "not take a penny in salary or compensation" and that "100% of the fund raised ... will be used in the execution of our mission and purpose." Lying to get someone's money is fraud.

The indictment alleges that Bannon received over $1 million from the campaign, which he used to secretly pay the founder and to cover hundreds of thousands of dollars in his own expenses. If this sounds like a very simple case to get your head around, that's because it is.

There are some twists and turns in this story. The crowdfunding website suspended the "We The People Build The Wall" campaign, which pledged to give all of the money to the federal government to build the wall, early on.

The website said they would return the funds unless the founder identified a non-profit to which the funds could be transferred. Bannon used a separate 501(c)(4) non-profit group that he already controlled to receive the funds, with the new purpose of funding a private wall.

The indictment alleges that Bannon and his associates continued to lie, claiming that the founder would "take no salary" and would receive not "a penny of compensation from these donations." These alleged lies were repeated many times, according to the indictment.

Yet Bannon paid the founder hundreds of thousands of dollars in "salary" and did so in a manner meant to conceal the payments, by making payments to the founder's spouse. Bannon falsely reported on the 1099 tax form that the payments were for "media."

In sum, the indictment alleges that Bannon, the founder, and their other co-conspirators each received hundreds of thousands in donor funds from the effort. If this case didn't involve Steve Bannon, or an effort to ripoff Trump's base, it would be a garden variety fraud.

joffer said:
strangely I don’t feel bad for the ones that were defrauded.
I don't feel bad for anyone involved.  It's not as if people haven't been pointing out he's a snake oil salesmen of the 21st century.  Same con, new method.

One of the best descriptions of a humans physical appearance ever (paraphrasing)  "Bannon looks like a human suit that an alien would use to hide amongst humanity".

NEW: Law enforcement source tells @NBCNewYork Steve Bannon was arrested this morning on board a boat off the coast of Westbrook, CT

It never ceases to amaze me how powerful, well-paid people get caught up in illegal activities like this.  Morals aside, the risk-reward ratio doesn't make sense in my mind.

It never ceases to amaze me how powerful, well-paid people get caught up in illegal activities like this.  Morals aside, the risk-reward ratio doesn't make sense in my mind.
Generally you would be right but under Trump they know they can commit crimes in his name and will be pardoned.  They literally have a license to steal.  What's even more sad is, my guess, greater than 90% of the people they stole from will vote for Trump in November.

Trump just issued a statement that he has no involvement with this project and feels "very badly" for Bannon.  Personally I feel "very badly" for the hundreds of thousands of people that had money stolen from them.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 campaign managers:

• Stone - lifelong mentor for Trump and technically a consultant but with Caputo he was the first de facto campaign manager - indicted, convicted.
  • Lewandowski - witness to Mueller investigation and Stone and Manafort investigations. 
  • Manafort - indicted and convicted.
  • Bannon - indicted.
Hell of a job position.

4 campaign managers:

• Stone - lifelong mentor for Trump and technically a consultant but with Caputo he was the first de facto campaign manager - indicted, convicted.
  • Lewandowski - witness to Mueller investigation and Stone and Manafort investigations. 
  • Manafort - indicted and convicted.
  • Bannon - indicted.
Hell of a job position.
Trump knew nothing about any of this though.  :rolleyes:

Just a friendly reminder Trump/Barr tried to install the head of the SEC as SDNY USA just before this. Due to a really strong stand by USA Berman they failed.

Barr also testified about this before Congress so he's now looking at his own issues, though he warbled enough vagueness maybe he has an out. But it's certainly going to be looked at.

Thats the best you’ve got?  Any comment on how so many people around Trump get caught doing this stuff?

Let me guess...Michelle Obamas fault?
I wonder if Bannon contributed to the Clinton Foundation...   <_<

Now that Hillary has nothing to offer....is ANYBODY contributing to the Clinton Foundation??

....anyone?  Saudi Arabia....looking at you.

I wonder if Bannon contributed to the Clinton Foundation...   <_<

Now that Hillary has nothing to offer....is ANYBODY contributing to the Clinton Foundation??

....anyone?  Saudi Arabia....looking at you.
What does the Clinton Foundation have to do with anything?  Just the usual trolling deflection?

What does the Clinton Foundation have to do with anything?  Just the usual trolling deflection?
When you talk about dishonest schemes....the Clinton Foundation rises to the top!

...and, as far as I know, nobody has ever, never, cast a vote for Mr. Banon for a public office.

• Laughing
Reactions: rct
Better or worse than when Trump paid $2 Million last year for DEFRAUDING A CHILDREN'S CHARITY?

Trump is just really unlucky that he keeps unwittingly surrounding himself with criminals. Happens to me all the time too.
...and that time that he used baby seals as tires on his jet!

Now if only TDS wasn't real....

The president tweeted, "I am the only person I know, perhaps the only person in history, who can give major money to charity ($19M), charge no expense, and be attacked by the political hacks in New York State. No wonder we are all leaving! Every penny of the $19 million raised by the Trump Foundation went to hundreds of great charitable causes with almost no expenses."

He said James "is deliberately mischaracterizing this settlement for political purposes," and that she should investigate the Clinton Foundation.

• Laughing
Reactions: rct
Any comment on yet another Trump associate being arrested?
was his name, "Trump"?

....then, I don't really care.

How many "Trump associates" do you think there are on the planet?

...anyone he's ever did business with...met...paid....shook hands with....talked to on the phone....waved at??

How many "associates" do you have?

So he's just an innocent man surrounded by a bunch of criminals. Poor guy.
So far....it would appear so
Greedy people, anyway.

Until an indictment has the name, "Donald J. Trump" on it....you're just grasping at straws.

In Bannon's case, it would appear that he used Trump's name to steal..
What has President Trump done wrong here?

When you talk about dishonest schemes....the Clinton Foundation rises to the top!

...and, as far as I know, nobody has ever, never, cast a vote for Mr. Banon for a public office.
So no...it has nothing  to do with the topic and you don't wish to discuss the actual topic.

So no...it has nothing  to do with the topic and you don't wish to discuss the actual topic.
Nobody...is forcing you to read my posts

If someone is...send a signal....we'll rescue you!

Will you concede if there is a future indictment? Can you even entertain the possibility? 
I can....if you can.....maybe not if it comes from NY southern circuit court.

Horowitz has just started....and so far, he's 1 for 1.

Nobody...is forcing you to read my posts

If someone is...send a signal....we'll rescue you!
And Joe just earlier asked this type of thing to stop (as well as the initials you brought up in a later post).

So how about doing what has been asked rather than continuously detailing threads as you do.

And Joe just earlier asked this type of thing to stop (as well as the initials you brought up in a later post).

So how about doing what has been asked rather than continuously detailing threads as you do.
....and you just cannot resist reading my posts and signaling Joe.

Just imagine what would happen if you didn't respond or actually responded to the message and didn't simply attack the messenger.
Try this...respond to my message and not the messenger who delivers it.
If my message is not "on topic" or you can offer no defense to my message, simply ignore it.

Users who are viewing this thread