What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steve Bannon: Latest victim of political persecution. Democrats will not be happy until everyone who opposes them is in prison.. (1 Viewer)

So far....it would appear so
Greedy people, anyway.

Until an indictment has the name, "Donald J. Trump" on it....you're just grasping at straws.

In Bannon's case, it would appear that he used Trump's name to steal..
What has President Trump done wrong here?
Kris Kobach in a January 2019 interview connected the border wall fundraising scheme to Trump: "I talked with the president, and the 'We Build the Wall Effort’' came up. The president said 'the project has my blessing, and you can tell the media that.'"

https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1296454156560015360?s=20

So far....it would appear so
Greedy people, anyway.

Until an indictment has the name, "Donald J. Trump" on it....you're just grasping at straws.

In Bannon's case, it would appear that he used Trump's name to steal..
What has President Trump done wrong here?
Why not just admit that it’s extremely troubling that Trump has continued to choose an alarming number of bad people to help him lead his campaign and subsequently the country? 

One of the primary jobs a President has is choosing the right people to lead.  The idea that it doesn’t reflect poorly on Trump when so many of his team have been criminally charged is absurd. 

Why not just admit that it’s extremely troubling that Trump has continued to choose an alarming number of bad people to help him lead his campaign and subsequently the country? 

One of the primary jobs a President has is choosing the right people to lead.  The idea that it doesn’t reflect poorly on Trump when so many of his team have been criminally charged is absurd. 
It's also absurd to think Trump didn't know about/actively participate in any of it.

I think this is a fair point. I'm not sure what a decent counterargument to it would look like. I can't think of one.

Kris Kobach in a January 2019 interview connected the border wall fundraising scheme to Trump: "I talked with the president, and the 'We Build the Wall Effort’' came up. The president said 'the project has my blessing, and you can tell the media that.'"

...and with that... BANNON's scheme took flight.

Huh. That's weird. Just today, Trump said - "“I never liked that project. I thought it was being done for showboating reasons,” Trump said. “It was something I very much thought was inappropriate to be doing.”

I wonder if he's lying.

Fundraising at Company Tied to Steve Bannon and Guo Wengui Faces Probe

Former Trump political adviser and exiled Chinese businessman raised more than $300 million in private offering, Guo says

A media company linked to former Trump political adviser Steve Bannon and exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui raised more than $300 million in a private offering this spring that is now being investigated by federal and state authorities, say people familiar with the matter.

JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Wells Fargo & Co. have frozen accounts tied to fundraising for the company, GTV Media Group, some of these people said. Bank of America Corp. also closed an account for GTV Media’s parent company shortly after it was opened in recent months, another person with knowledge of the situation said.

The federal probe is being conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Securities and Exchange Commission, people familiar with the investigation said. The investigators have been examining whether GTV Media or associates of Mr. Guo violated securities laws through the private share placement. The New York state attorney general’s office has also been examining the matter, these people said.

Soon after the fundraising, some investors began pushing for refunds after they said they never received official documentation verifying their investments in GTV Media, among other issues that led them to distrust Mr. Guo. ...
All of a sudden Steveo is in a ton of trouble.

To put this another way: It wasn't a scam until President Trump endorsed it.

Sounds familiar:

There's an ongoing lawsuit (American Communications Network or ACN) where a number of people got enveloped into a marketing scam because of Trump's endorsement. 

The plaintiffs claimed that the Trumps received millions of dollars of secret payments from 2005 to 2015 to endorse ACN and conned them into thinking Donald Trump thought their investments would pay off, when the real goal was to enrich themselves.

Other defendants included Trump’s adult children Donald Jr., Eric and Ivanka, and an affiliate of the Trump Organization.
- The judge rejected racketeering charges there but not so with SDNY this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't be silly.  He has chosen some good people.  He just fires all of them for not kissing the ring.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence.  
Mr. Bannon was arrested early Thursday on a $35 million, 150-foot yacht that was off the coast of Westbrook, Conn., law enforcement officials said. Working with the Coast Guard, federal postal inspectors and special agents from the United States attorney’s office in Manhattan boarded the vessel, which belonged to the exiled Chinese businessman Guo Wengui, the officials said.
NYT reporting it was Guo Wengui's yacht.

Well, i guess we add White House Chief Strategist to the list that includes Trump's lawyer, campaign chair, campaign advisor, national security advisor, campaign deputy chairman

Looks like noted fraudster Curt Schilling is going down for this too. 
Wonder if all these losers will also go down

Kris Kobach is the general counsel of the Build the Wall PAC that Steve Bannon was just arrested for being involved in as chairman. The advisory board includes Erik Prince, former CO congressman Tom Tancredo, Sheriff Dave Clarke and former pitcher Curt Schilling

This thread is an interesting case study in the shifting circular narratives made by Trump supporters.

In August 2017, Steve Bannon is now Trump's personal warrior in the fight against the President's perceived enemies.

In August 2020, Steve Bannon is now a lone wolf who exploited the President for personal gain that the President himself had absolutely zero knowledge of, despite his endorsement and despite the fact that several additional Trump associates and family members were affiliated with the same project.

....and you just cannot resist reading my posts and signaling Joe.

Just imagine what would happen if you didn't respond or actually responded to the message and didn't simply attack the messenger.
Try this...respond to my message and not the messenger who delivers it.
If my message is not "on topic" or you can offer no defense to my message, simply ignore it.
Your message about Clinton has no relevance to the thread or Bannon...that is about your message.  Plain and simple.

Your message is irrelevant and deflection and trolling and that is what I pointed out.

$24 million out of $25 million goes to the cause. I have always heard don’t consider any  non- profit that had admin costs over 10%.

“Salaries”, expenses, supplies, misc costs...
Per CNN, though based on the charges:

Kolfage, according to the charges, spent more than $350,000 of the donations on personal expenses, including...

Cosmetic surgery

A luxury SUV

A golf cart

Payments toward a boat

Home renovations

Jewelry

Personal tax payments

Credit card debt.

I may be wrong but I thought Bannon paid Kolfage. What he does with it after that is his business. Sounds like they had a fake company with invoices to try to make It look legit.
Don’t get upset, I thing its bad and they should be prosecuted if its true. 

Per CNN, though based on the charges:

Kolfage, according to the charges, spent more than $350,000 of the donations on personal expenses, including...

Cosmetic surgery

A luxury SUV

A golf cart

Payments toward a boat

Home renovations

Jewelry

Personal tax payments

Credit card debt.
I’m totally getting a golf cart.  wonder what he spent

There was a thread on this once - Guo Wengui / Miles Kwok is a mamber of Maralago - from 2019.

Long article, just a snip here.

Quote:

He’s a Chinese billionaire and a member of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago. Is he also a communist spy?

A high-profile Chinese fugitive — who belongs to President Donald Trump’s exclusive South Florida club, Mar-a-Lago, and has railed against China’s communist government — is accused of being a spy for that very regime, according to new documents filed in a federal court case in New York.

Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui, who also goes by Miles Kwok, fled to the United States four years ago after learning an associate had been arrested on corruption charges. He is now one of China’s most-wanted, accused of myriad crimes by the Chinese government, including paying bribes and sexual assault. He maintains his innocence, saying the charges are politically motivated.

Guo, who made his money in real estate, has long promoted himself as a dissident being hunted by the Chinese government for his opposition to the ruling Chinese Communist Party. He is currently seeking political asylum in the United States, where he reportedly avoided deportation by the Trump administration after the president learned Guo was a member of Mar-a-Lago.

Now, filings in a civil case, first reported by the Wall Street Journal, suggest Guo may not be the dissident he claims. “Instead, Guo Wengui was, and is, a dissident-hunter, propagandist, and agent in the service of the People’s Republic of China and the Chinese Communist Party,” according to federal court papers filed on Friday.

The Chinese spy allegations against Guo surfaced last week in a contract dispute — rife with international and political intrigue — between a Hong Kong-based company, Eastern Profit Corporation Limited, and an Arlington, Va., research firm, Strategic Vision US, LLC.

In the lawsuit, Eastern Profit says it hired Strategic Vision last year to investigate 15 unnamed individuals — described only as “fish” in their contract — after holding several meetings at Guo’s ritzy apartment at the Sherry-Netherland Hotel in Manhattan. The research firm said it had considerable experience in the field, citing probes of the personal lives of Republican politicians, a Middle Eastern prince, and a Russian official in the opposition party.

But Eastern claims that Strategic Vision failed to deliver the private information on the 15 Chinese nationals operating in the United States after being paid an initial $1 million for the promised “high-quality original research,” according to the federal suit filed last year in the Southern District of New York.

Strategic Vision, headed by CEO French Wallop, the widow of the late Wyoming GOP Sen. Malcolm Wallop, was fired by Eastern Profit in February 2018 after the research firm provided information that was mostly publicly available on the probe’s targets, the suit says. Eastern Profit demanded the return of its $1 million deposit for the research work, accusing Strategic Vision of breaching their contract.

The allegations against Guo — that he’s some sort of double agent uncovering real dissidents for the Chinese government — come as the FBI continues to investigate possible Chinese espionage at Mar-a-Lago. The ongoing federal probe gained new momentum when, on March 30, Yujing Zhang, a 33-year-old Chinese national, was arrested and charged with trespassing and lying to a federal agent after she tried to enter Mar-a-Lago with various cover stories.

According to authorities, she was carrying a trove of electronics, including a thumb drive authorities claimed was infested with malware. Recent secret filings in the Zhang case suggest federal authorities have information about Zhang that could endanger national security, should anyone but the judge view it.

Zhang had initially bought a ticket to an event at Mar-a-Lago that was being promoted by South Florida massage parlor entrepreneur Li “Cindy” Yang. The event was canceled after the Herald revealed Yang was selling access to the president and his family through Mar-a-Lago events that she promoted on Chinese social media. Zhang was aware of the cancellation before arriving in Florida. Now, both Zhang and Yang are at the center of the broader federal counterintelligence effort in South Florida. Yang is also the focus of a separate campaign finance investigation by the Department of Justice.

It is unclear whether Guo is in any way involved in the counterintelligence investigation.

Top Senate Democrats are renewing calls for federal authorities to assess potential security risks posed by Mar-a-Lago’s status as a club where $200,000 buys a membership with nearly unlimited access to the president’s South Florida home.

“I do not know the guy at all,” longtime Mar-a-Lago member George Lombardi told the Miami Herald. “But I can say that the events that took place in Mar-a-Lago months ago reflect the fact that there are a few individuals that may live in the USA but they have pledged their alliance to other countries.” Still, Lombardi said he was not worried by the news.

The Trump Organization, which runs Mar-a-Lago, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Guo was photographed at Mar-a-Lago in December 2018, walking his beloved tiny white dog around the grounds. At the time, the president’s wife, Melania, and other members of the family were popping in and out of the club to attend various holiday events. President Trump was in Washington at the time due to the government shutdown.

The picture of Guo, his dog, and an unidentified female companion was snapped by Claude Taylor, an anti-Trump activist, who was driving a boat up the Intracoastal Waterway. ...

As he blasted a classic rock song — “I Fought the Law” by the Clash — Taylor saw Guo and the female companion walking the dog near the club’s seawall. While Taylor snapped photos of Guo, the billionaire started taking pictures of the boat.

Taylor logged onto Mar-a-Lago’s unsecured guest Wi-Fi, and a while later was contacted by someone inside the club. He didn’t know who it was. The contact sent one photo of Guo inside Mar-a-Lago reading a newspaper, and another with Guo standing with Taylor’s rat boat behind him. Taylor assumed the latter was taken by Guo’s female companion.

“He wants as many people as possible to know he is a member in good standing,” Taylor remembers thinking at the time. “He’s a fugitive from justice who has asylum claims and he’s using as leverage his association with Mar-a-Lago to bolster his asylum claim.” ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just FTR...

• Roger Stone - Obstruction of an official proceeding, making false statements and witness tampering - Arrested and found guilty
  • Rick Gates - Financial fraud and lying to the F.B.I. - Arrested and found guilty
  • Paul Manafort - Tax evasion, bank fraud, failure to disclose a foreign bank account and witness tampering - Arrested and found guilty
  • Michael D. Cohen - Lying to Congress - Arrested and plead guilty
  • George Papadopoulos - Lying to the F.B.I. about conversations with people he believed were working on behalf of Russians - Arrested and plead guilty
  • Michael T. Flynn - Lying to the F.B.I. - Arrested and plead guilty
  • Steve Bannon - Fraud, money laundering - Arrested, disposition pending

Just FTR...

• Roger Stone - Obstruction of an official proceeding, making false statements and witness tampering - Arrested and found guilty
  • Rick Gates - Financial fraud and lying to the F.B.I. - Arrested and found guilty
  • Paul Manafort - Tax evasion, bank fraud, failure to disclose a foreign bank account and witness tampering - Arrested and found guilty
  • Michael D. Cohen - Lying to Congress - Arrested and plead guilty
  • George Papadopoulos - Lying to the F.B.I. about conversations with people he believed were working on behalf of Russians - Arrested and plead guilty
  • Michael T. Flynn - Lying to the F.B.I. - Arrested and plead guilty
  • Steve Bannon - Fraud, money laundering - Arrested, disposition pending
We could add the criminal referrals that Barr sat on too?

...and that time that he used baby seals as tires on his jet!

Now if only TDS wasn't real....

The president tweeted, "I am the only person I know, perhaps the only person in history, who can give major money to charity ($19M), charge no expense, and be attacked by the political hacks in New York State. No wonder we are all leaving! Every penny of the $19 million raised by the Trump Foundation went to hundreds of great charitable causes with almost no expenses."

He said James "is deliberately mischaracterizing this settlement for political purposes," and that she should investigate the Clinton Foundation.
1) It wasn’t his money. It wasn’t even mostly his money. He went years without donating to his own private foundation. Rather, he accepted donations from others and then used that money pretending as if they were his donations (like in your quote above).

2) Using charitable funds to buy yourself stuff is not legal.

3) There is also this:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/06/06/how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/#241cba566b4a

1) It wasn’t his money. It wasn’t even mostly his money. He went years without donating to his own private foundation. Rather, he accepted donations from others and then used that money pretending as if they were his donations (like in your quote above).

2) Using charitable funds to buy yourself stuff is not legal.

3) There is also this:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/06/06/how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/#241cba566b4a
Strange, it's almost like they are in it for the money and not for helping people/the cause.  I would've never guessed someone Christians adored would do something like that.  Surely there is outrage about this from that group of supporters, correct??

This thread is an interesting case study in the shifting circular narratives made by Trump supporters.

In August 2017, Steve Bannon is now Trump's personal warrior in the fight against the President's perceived enemies.

In August 2020, Steve Bannon is now a lone wolf who exploited the President for personal gain that the President himself had absolutely zero knowledge of, despite his endorsement and despite the fact that several additional Trump associates and family members were affiliated with the same project.
One thing hasn't changed, "but Hillary"

The New Yorker has a staff writer who has spent time with Bannon, and he posted on the site's blog about how Bannon sees himself as a kind of Dr. Frankenstein who created Trump, and is wholly responsible for Trump's victory. Bannon believes if Rubio, Cruz or Jeb had followed his advice they would have won in a landslide because they had the credentials Trump lacked without all of the baggage.

Bannon expected to be revered, to be elevated to the highest levels of the Republican power structure after Trump's victory, and he can't quite process why that did not happen.

The New Yorker has a staff writer who has spent time with Bannon, and he posted on the site's blog about how Bannon sees himself as a kind of Dr. Frankenstein who created Trump, and is wholly responsible for Trump's victory. Bannon believes if Rubio, Cruz or Jeb had followed his advice they would have won in a landslide because they had the credentials Trump lacked without all of the baggage.

Bannon expected to be revered, to be elevated to the highest levels of the Republican power structure after Trump's victory, and he can't quite process why that did not happen.
That's interesting. Do you have a link? It's an age old "who gets the credit?" question. It's fascinating and intriguing. Across all platforms. It's why so many people are interested in Tom Brady to Tampa Bay? Was the Patriots success Brady or Belichick? That kind of thing. 

Users who are viewing this thread