What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Storm Johnson dynasty buy? (2 Viewers)

the best part of this is the coaching staff drafted Storm Johnson, the two RB's in front of him have sucked and Bortles knows him.

Should we change the thread title to "Storm Johnson vs John Brown".
no kidding. best part was when that one guy was "i'm so sorry for bringing john brown into this convo bc now we're WAY off topic but blah blah blah john brown john brown toby gerhart john brown blah blah."

anyway. everyone's been ignoring him and focusing on the denver bronco backfield kerfuffle. less talented RBs on teams struggling to run the ball have come in and had really impressive FF seasons.

i'm ready for the storm. got my windows boarded up and flashlights ready.

Storm has value at least by virtue of the opportunity to get significant snaps at running back, especially this year. But if he can't do much better than Gerhart, Storm won't help your fantasy team too much; I wouldn't call it likely that he will.

Probably the UCF college announcer got it right in labeling Storm a non-special guy. Either way, Storm is worth rostering for his opportunity, but I wouldn't give up a whole lot to get him.

Yeah I picked him up, will give him a couple of weeks to show something. But I wonder if there would be as much excitement over him if his name was Dave Johnson, rather than STORM.

Yeah I picked him up, will give him a couple of weeks to show something. But I wonder if there would be as much excitement over him if his name was Dave Johnson, rather than STORM.
Nope, Dave Johnson sounds like a white RB, and we all know how that goes...

Catchy name. "Storm is brewing" :lol:

A lot of excitement for a committee back on the team everyone is scrambling to start their defenses against as their top waiver prize.

Are people actually starting this guy?
yep starting him in both leagues out of sheer desperation. Id much rather start him than the Denver backfield
This is where I am at as well. Have both Hillman and CJ, but not sure which one of them is the better start, maybe neither it could be Thompson, who knows? Thinking of dropping one of them and riding the Storm out this weekend.

Stealthycat said:
the best part of this is the coaching staff drafted Storm Johnson, the two RB's in front of him have sucked and Bortles knows him.
The current regime drafted Storm Johnson in the sixth round, they also drafted Dennard Robinson in the fourth round and they signed Toby Gerhart in the earliest part of free agency to a decent contract.

I'll be rooting for Johnson now, but not sure anything above is a reason to be excited about him - he's still a tremendous longshot.

On a team where I drafted Peterson, Bernard, and Mathews as my top 3 rbs, yeah... I might. It's between him and Hyde, Taliaferro, and Donald Brown for my RB2. The prospect of Storm getting 10 - 15 touches might just be enough to make it worth it for me.

There was a little bit of coach speak I think is worth listening to this week. Bradley talked Storm up a bit, the OC mentioned that they would prefer to have a 2 back RBBC rather than 4, and Gerhart went backwards on the practice reports this week (Full on Wed, DNP on Thursday). Taking all of that, I think there is a shot that Storm is given an opportunity this weekend to be the lead back. Granted, I'm not expecting much, but if he could find his way to 12 or so carries, 3 or 4 catches, and 60 or so total yards.... I'll take it. I guess I qualify as desperate however.

I like him over anyone else in that backfield this weekend, with gerhart likely O.

That said, you're banking on a TD on a team that doesn't score many. I could easily see an 8-35-1 kind of line, or an 8-20 kind of line.

Low floor with this one...

Toby Gerhart (foot) did not practice again on Friday.
The Florida Times Union confirmed Gerhart suffered a setback in Wednesday's practice after he sprained his foot last Sunday against the Steelers. He's missed practice each of the past two days and is looking like a game-time decision at best for Week 6. The AP's Mark Long quipped there may be a "Storm warning" coming to Nashville. He's alluding to rookie Storm Johnson, who would likely assume early-down duties for the Jaguars against the Titans should Gerhart sit out.

Storm is a redraft buy for sure. Dynasty, I don't think so. Maybe he turns out better than I expect but I just don't think he has much sustainability. Jax could easily be drafting a RB early next year, 1st 3 rounds, and the class is extremely talented. He may have enough to move Gerhart out if the way or contribute this year but beyond that I don't think there's much more to him.

Wednesday: a storm was brewing

Thursday: the calm before the storm

Today: The Perfect Storm

Hopefully Monday its not: Quiet Storm

Cannot believe it's made it through over 125 replies and, unless I just missed it, absolutely no one has suggested "The Weatherman" as his nickname.

Cannot believe it's made it through over 125 replies and, unless I just missed it, absolutely no one has suggested "The Weatherman" as his nickname.
That's the beauty of a name like Storm. There is never a need for a nickname.

Yes, that's much more endearing and easy to use than his given name. And so much more fun, too. Thanks Boomer.

I don't have a choice. I've got to roll with him in my flex in a ppr league over my other two turds--SJax & Torrey Smith. I just hope they give him a chance to show them what they have by giving him at least 15 carries and some catches out of the backfield. It probably won't happen because the coaching staff seems content to just rotate RB's in and out of the game.

I'm irrationally one of his biggest supporters but I am not starting him this week ... right now I've got some injuries/byes and am like 80% sure I'm starting Torrey Terp in the flex over Storm in .5 ppr ... unless someone can talk me out of that

The Storm owner dropped him last week for Oliver, I dropped James White for Storm.

Considering starting him over Vereen, doubt it though.

I would think you'd need to be pretty desperate. I'm certainly curious to see his role and how he does but no chance I start him unless I have no other option.
how's jamaal charles on bye, bush hurt and bad, ball hurt and bad.... i might be rolling with hillman and storm this weekend.... these two probably still beat the 2013 week 1 production i got from Lamar Miller and David Wilson (1 point combined i believe)

with all of the storm love (based off 4 carries and a cool name right?)... is there just no way denard robinson serves as lead back?

shadyridr said:
Wednesday: a storm was brewing

Thursday: the calm before the storm

Today: The Perfect Storm

Hopefully Monday its not: Quiet Storm
Monday's headline: Storm devastates Tennessee..

I was just offered Terrence Williams and Bobby Rainey for storm Johnson in Odell Beckham Junior (redraft)

I got admitted looks enticing to get Terrence Williams for since like two guys I literally just picked up a couple of days ago, however I am desperately hurting at running back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Catchy name. "Storm is brewing" :lol:

A lot of excitement for a committee back on the team everyone is scrambling to start their defenses against as their top waiver prize.
A Storm is Brewing... Gerhart ruled out I could see Storm handling 15 carries 2-4 catches, goalline

I would think you'd need to be pretty desperate. I'm certainly curious to see his role and how he does but no chance I start him unless I have no other option.
Well Have Reggie Bush for Rb2 and he is out so im desperate. Im starting Storm I think this is the week to play him he will break out then be huge waiver wire. Get him now if you are scared to start him this week at least guys.

argh! I'm desparate for RB 2 and have Sankey in now (who was supposed to break out last week) --OR CJ or could get Storm as FA. Like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic ...

I was just offered Terrence Williams and Bobby Rainey for storm Johnson in Odell Beckham Junior (redraft)

I got admitted looks enticing to get Terrence Williams for since like two guys I literally just picked up a couple of days ago, however I am desperately hurting at running back.
Any input on this? The gambler says stick with the Storm but my head days grab T. Williams, (whom I was high on pre draft) for two guys I just picked up a few days ago.

Beckham is greater than or equal to Terrence Williams. Williams numbers are inflated by TD rate is not sustainable. No to trade IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread