What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Strange Superstitions (1 Viewer)

Kilgore Trout

Footballguy
I mentioned this in another thread. I don't believe in superstitions. I don't wear the same silly hat, I don't eat eggs benedict on game day, I don't always sit in the same chair. But I do know that others perform these interesting rituals. For instance, my friend takes beer from the left side of the case, because wins are in the left column. He also refuses to drink anything other than Natural Light on gameday ( :X ).So do any of you have strange rituals that you perform on gameday?

Last edited by a moderator:
He also refuse to drink anything other than Natural Light on gameday ( :X ).
He has bigger problems than his superstitions. He needs to upgrade his beer choice. :banned:
No ####. I offered him a Victory Hope Devil Ale on Sunday and he said I only drink Natural Light on gameday. Meanwhile, I enjoyed good beer for 3 hours and my team still won.

we usually try to drink as much beer as possible, and yell as loud as we can at the tv. what was the question?

This past weekend, I changed jerseys every quarter. Wore Roethlisberger for the first quarter (he tore it up) - Ward for the second quarter (caught an 18-yard pass on the first play of the quarter) - Bettis for the third quarter (6 car, 22 yds, 1 TD) - and Polamalu for the fourth (INT he got screwed out of) and the Steelers won. I'm thinking I might try it again this week.

I own jerseys of offensive and defensive players on my team. I typically start the game wearing offensive player jerseys when my team is on O and switching to defensive when on D. However sometimes I will make halftime adjustments and if the D is playing particularly well and carrying the day I will stick with the defensive jerseys even when we're on O and vice versa

I dont have any superstitions but friends of mine do_On the morning of the game they prepare a chipped beef and gravy over toast breakfast. Ironically (this year) on the mornings they have not prepared this surprisingly delicious breakfast the Panthers have lost. Ill be calling them this Sunday to make darn sure they are up fixin' this.

This past weekend, I changed jerseys every quarter. Wore Roethlisberger for the first quarter (he tore it up) - Ward for the second quarter (caught an 18-yard pass on the first play of the quarter) - Bettis for the third quarter (6 car, 22 yds, 1 TD) - and Polamalu for the fourth (INT he got screwed out of) and the Steelers won. I'm thinking I might try it again this week.
:eek: Wow. Will you do them in the same order next week?

I am a spur of the moment type superstition guy. Yeah, I will rail against the idiocy of believing in man made myth as if it were real - but hell, if sitting on the right cushion for an entire game will help my team get a touchdown by some cosmic force beyond our comprehension, who the hell am I to mess with the cosmic order?

Yup...but no laughing.This years superstition.....If the Cowboys were mounting a late drive when trailing, or defend ing a lead and the other team was driving......I had to be holding my son. During the first game of the year it worked like a charm against San Diego.Worked a couple of other times........SFSleeping for Wash....MNFHe was sleeping for the Oak game final drive.Worked for the first NY game as well.He became sort of famous on a Cowboys site I visit. My handle was "Canadian Boyzfan". So my son was called "Baby Canada". I posted pics of him with his Cowboy warm up suit on. Some of guys there wanted me to wake him up for MNF games.The magic wore off as the year went on....but it was fun while it lasted.

I have a buddy that I go to Steelers games with and for away games he (and a couple of other friends) comes over my house to watch the games. For the past few years every time there was a promotion for that CSI show this one buddy would make a nasty comment about David Caruso, mainly because of the way he tries to look tough when he poses for the camera.Any way, my son print a picture of him and placed him on the center speaker above my TV a few weeks ago. Now whenever something good happens to the Steelers we bow and blow cigar smoke at the picture to give homage to Dave Caruso. That picture is going to remain there until the Steelers lose -- hopefully next season some time.

Since it worked last year in the playoffs with the Steelers against the Jets with missed kicks, my brother and I decided to turn off the TV and sit in complete silence when Vanderjagt lined up for his field goal. The rest is history.

I'd quit wearing my Panthers jerseys during games, but for the Giants game, I dug out the #7 Buerlien jersey since it's my only white one & they were wearing white. Wore it again for the Chicago game & I'll have it on again this week :)

I put out my Steelers hand towel in the kitchen the last two weeks.Speaking of which, I better throw that in the laundry before Sunday... :D :towelwave:

This past weekend, I changed jerseys every quarter.  Wore Roethlisberger for the first quarter (he tore it up) - Ward for the second quarter (caught an 18-yard pass on the first play of the quarter) - Bettis for the third quarter (6 car, 22 yds, 1 TD) - and Polamalu for the fourth (INT he got screwed out of) and the Steelers won.  I'm thinking I might try it again this week.
:eek: Wow. Will you do them in the same order next week?
I think I'm going to mix it up this week. I'll probably still go with Roethlisberger in the first half though, as I want the Steelers to get up early and run the ball late. if Roethlisberger's doing a lot of throwing in the second half, odds are the circumstances won't be good.

The football gods don't allow me to wear my Giants jerseys. Every time I wear one while they're playing the G-Men lose.It's gotten so bad that now I have the same effect on any teams jersey if I put it on. That team instantly starts sucking.However, I found a way to manipulate this deed. Earlier this season I put a pretty heavy wager on Brett Favre and the Packers playing Carolina on Monday night. The Pack sucked and were getting blown out at the half. Then I recalled I had an old, (don't laugh, it was a gift) Frank Reich Carolina Panthers jersey in the attic. I raced upstairs, spent half the 3rd quarter looking for it. Finally found it. Put it on and watched it work it's magic. Instantly Favre is playing 5 years ago caliber football and the Panthers look like George Seifert is coaching them. Next thing I know the Packers have not only covered but almost made a late play to win the game. I'm thinking, had I found the jersery 10 minutes earlier the Pack win outright.Not wanting to waste my powers I only use them when I consider the situation dire. So at halftime of the Giants playoff loss to Carolina, out comes the "Frankenreich". However the Football Gods must've been angry at me for using my powers to manipulate games and positively bolster my bank account. The hex is apparently gone as I'm still waiting on the Giants comeback. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread