What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

strat: SP early, OF late (1 Viewer)

Riversco

Footballguy
Anyone else play this strat?  3 OF spots.   I open with 4 starting pitchers in round 1-2 and 5-6.  Rounds 3-4 generally target the top 2B/SS.  Then I fill the roster out with everything else.  Then in the later rounds I start grabbing OF prospects, guys who could be AAAA players or major stars waiting to breakout, or are rebound candidates.

This year, I grabbed 6 OF guys mid/late:

1.  Michael Brantley

2. Yasiel Puig

3. Randal Grichuk

4. Steven Piscotty

5. Brandon Belt

6. Joc Pederson

Its also non keeper league and there's the minor league prospects to grab if one gets called up.  No one is holding onto minor leaguers.  Does this look sound?

Possible if no innings cap and limited transactions.  Otherwise, your advantage over teams stocked with setup men or teams streaming 2k innings won't be enough to justify the spend on SP. 

I will ill agree with you that OF mid-late has great value and I like some of your targets.  I'd just rather go elite 3rd/1st too start  

Which MI are you seeing round 3/4?

Users who are viewing this thread