What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stupid Baby Names (1 Viewer)

So, what names work?

Boys:

William

John

Joseph

James

Steven (Christ forbid if you use the "ph" version)

Alexander

George

Basically, any presidential or British royalty first names.

Girls:

Jane

Etc.

Hmmm, my two sons' names (Conor, Brendan) have have different spellings that what appears on the list.

One of the kids playing with my daughter this morning was named Genesis. At least you could shorten that to Jen or Jenny I guess.

To me, a lot of these names sound like a middle class person's idea of what an upper class name is. The one that started the whole trend was Madison as a name for girls. It's never been a name, and it actually has the word "son" in it - and yet it became one of the most popular girls' names in the U.S. for a number of years.

True upper class names are, as someone said, those that sound like British royalty: Andrew, Elizabeth, William, James, Catherine, etc.

Here are some more bad names:

Tyler (boy or girl)

Tucker (boy)

Colby (boy)

Tate (I know 2 girls with this name)

I always thought the names Zoe and Chloe were ridiculous. And McKenzie is a last name.
Good call on McKenzie. Just goes to show that if you repeat a stupid name enough times, people can unfortunately get used to it. Zoe and Chloe might be old-timey traditional type names that would be allowed. I may need some sort of link for a proper ruling.
Chloe = peaked at 340 in the 1880s, disappeared until the 70s, and has recently skyrocketed to #9 on the list of most popular girls names Zoe = peaked at 388 in the 1880s, disappeared until the 70s, and has recently skyrocketed to #47 on the list of most popular girls names :babynamewizard: :coffee:

I always thought the names Zoe and Chloe were ridiculous. And McKenzie is a last name.
Good call on McKenzie. Just goes to show that if you repeat a stupid name enough times, people can unfortunately get used to it. Zoe and Chloe might be old-timey traditional type names that would be allowed. I may need some sort of link for a proper ruling.
Chloe = peaked at 340 in the 1880s, disappeared until the 70s, and has recently skyrocketed to #9 on the list of most popular girls names Zoe = peaked at 388 in the 1880s, disappeared until the 70s, and has recently skyrocketed to #47 on the list of most popular girls names :babynamewizard: :coffee:
Hmm... that makes me think they may qualify for the list.

You can add: Callum and Daschel to the list.
Are those boys names?
Yes, I guess they could be girls names as well since people seem to have lost their minds when it comes to naming their children.It's funny because I take my daughter to a couple of parks in my neighborhood in LA and a lot of entertainment folks live around here and these kids have the worst names ever. I hear all these names being called by the parents and I'm like WTF?!? I think I know the reason for it, a lot of these parents are from poor white trash beginnings and just happened to get a job in the entertainment industry and they think by naming their child something unique and high brow sounding they are raising their class status.

Users who are viewing this thread