What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stupid Baby Names (2 Viewers)

http://www.wisn.com/article/most-ridiculous-baby-names/14713984

http://www.vocativ.com/culture/society/people-named-abcde/

There Are 328 Human People Named “Abcde” in the United States

We came across a news story yesterday http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/03/living/mall-santa-autistic-girl-pit-bull/]about a 7-year-old girl named Abcde.[/url] You read that right: Abcde, as in the first five letters of the alphabet. We assumed there’d been a typo, but we were wrong. So very wrong, it turns out. This first name, pronounced “AB-si-dee,” is a lot more common than you’d expect.

According to the Social Security Administration database, 328 babies, all girls, have been named Abcde in the United States. Since 1990, we’ve had Abcdes born every year except 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995 and 1996. The name was given to an all-time high of 32 babies in 2009, though the number has slightly declined each year since then. The median age of Abcdes is 7.5, and all but 11 of them are minors.

For what it’s worth, the name Abcde seems to be a primarily Hawaiian phenomenon. SSA data indicates that all five of the Abcdes named in 1990 were born there, which is especially interesting, considering that the modern Hawaiian alphabet doesn’t include the consonants b, c or d. A little googling reveals that an http://hiloathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2767]Abcde Zoller[/url] (would)plays soccer for the University of Hawaii at Hilo, and an Abcde de Coito teaches Zumba classes in the Aloha state. NameCandy’s Name Lady blogger suggests the name may also be relatively common in New Mexico and among Latino families.

Of course, the exact number of Abcdes living in the United States today may vary, depending on immigrations, emigrations and name changes. (Given that the oldest was born in only 1990, we certainly hope they’ve all survived to 2014.)

We’d like to think at least one of these young women will one day get a little brother named Lmnop.

Last edited by a moderator:
9 year old just wrapped sports for the summer

she played with

Aayela (pron. Ay-yay-luh)

Talia (pron. Tuh-lee-uh)

Aaliyah (pron. Uh-lee-uh)

Valeria (pron. Vuh-larry-uh)

had to fill in as coach a few times. apparently my pronunciation and sound of my voice makes those 4 names sound more or less indistinguishable. 

9 year old just wrapped sports for the summer

she played with

Aayela (pron. Ay-yay-luh)

Talia (pron. Tuh-lee-uh)

Aaliyah (pron. Uh-lee-uh)

Valeria (pron. Vuh-larry-uh)

had to fill in as coach a few times. apparently my pronunciation and sound of my voice makes those 4 names sound more or less indistinguishable. 
Hopefully Valeria's middle name is Steele.

she ####### wrecks shop is what she does

she's a head taller and 20 lbs heavier than any other kid on the field. she just bulldozes kids.

My daughter and her ex named my grand daughter Rain which I think is pretty and different.  Thing is after he split with my daughter and married again he named his next child Cloud.  Could you imagine the looks he got when he walked through a store and called them by name to find them.  Rain Cloud.  He was an idiot.

she ####### wrecks shop is what she does

she's a head taller and 20 lbs heavier than any other kid on the field. she just bulldozes kids.
send my son a fax in about 8 years.  

MiniAhrny and Talia could make some 11 ft babies.  When I hit retirement age, I yearn to be carried around by my flock of gargantuan grandchildren.  

Met a guy yesterday named Peanut Butters. Pretty sure Peanut isn't his given name, but he willingly introduced himself as Peanut. I will admit I pissed him off a little by laughing. I tend to not let things go. I don't think my wife's new friend, Mrs. Butters, is going to invite us back.

My wife wasn't amused.
Call him Reese. 

Met a guy yesterday named Peanut Butters. Pretty sure Peanut isn't his given name, but he willingly introduced himself as Peanut. I will admit I pissed him off a little by laughing. I tend to not let things go. I don't think my wife's new friend, Mrs. Butters, is going to invite us back.

My wife wasn't amused.
Don't be jelly of his name. 

My wife wasn't amused.
Is he on South Park?

Users who are viewing this thread