What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Suggest an Album for Me (1 Viewer)

Jason Isbell has a new album out - Weathervanes. Some of it might be a little bit of the downer stuff you don't want, but overall it's fantastic. Listened to it twice straight through doing yardwork myself last weekend.
I’ve also heard this one, seeing him Sunday in Ann Arbor

I’ll go Brazil…. Clube da Esquina - Milton Nascimento and Lo Borges
This got the Google nod. Did the dishes and got in a light workout. Maybe not the ideal album for that but talk about variety on this one. Fitting for a Brazilian album I suppose. There wasn't a single song that jumped out and grabbed me but as a whole I enjoyed having it on.
Yeah - Love the album (one of my favorites in any language), but none of the songs on it made my worldwide 31. Just a good album overall.

It went on a little long for me and felt all a little too similar after awhile

That's Cake. And I like the band, actually. Their later stuff isn't as bad as people would have you believe, IIRC.

She's got fingernails that shine like justice

Generally one of those nineties alterna-bands that gets unfairly bashed by the music cognoscenti.

@urbanhack listed to the Joy Orbison last night. Mostly not quite the electronic music I Ike but I loved better and have listened to it like 10x already. So not at all a total bust.

Was going to post the Tragically Hip but I see that is covered 👍🏻

If you want to depart from most of what is posted here try out Harry’s House by Harry Styles.

If you can get over your first reaction of bile coming up your throat at the thought, the music is very entertaining and perfect for summer.

Most of the music that I choose to listen to is probably not what you want to hear. I’m listening to stuff like Dio, Maiden, Ozzy, and Metallica but I do have a few suggestions that might be good for you. One of my favorite summer albums outside of my typical hard rock is Green by REM. It always puts me in a great mood and reminds me of summer as a teen in the late 80s.

Most of the music that I choose to listen to is probably not what you want to hear. I’m listening to stuff like Dio, Maiden, Ozzy, and Metallica but I do have a few suggestions that might be good for you. One of my favorite summer albums outside of my typical hard rock is Green by REM. It always puts me in a great mood and reminds me of summer as a teen in the late 80s.

It often gets lost among the great albums REM put out in the 80s/90s but it is sensational with some real hidden gems that didn't get obliterated by radio/MTV.

throw out there Charlie Parker - With Strings the Master Takes

absolutely beautiful album that, apparently, was slammed as an abomination by jazz aficionados at the time but is just a remarkably wonderful experience.

Thanks for the Cobras despite living here I’ve never heard of them

Good stuff

No problem. Thanks for the shout-out. I read about them once, checked them out, and found out that I enjoyed them a lot.

I especially like Life, Love, and Leaving though they have others. "Shout Bama Lama" was probably my favorite.

He's down in Alabama
I'm shouting Bamalama
Way down in Louisiana
Well, well nobody gonna get him down

I think they're all covers for the most part, but they're done really well.

Good stuff

No problem. Thanks for the shout-out. I read about them once, checked them out, and found out that I enjoyed them a lot.

I especially like Life, Love, and Leaving though they have others. "Shout Bama Lama" was probably my favorite.

He's down in Alabama
I'm shouting Bamalama
Way down in Louisiana

Fun band, sadly lead singer Rachel Nagy died in 2022 at only 48. They played one final show in her honor last summer at the Magic Stick (local music bar that many Detroit acts including Cobras got their start out at).

Good stuff

He's down in Alabama
I'm shouting Bamalama
Way down in Louisiana

Fun band, sadly lead singer Rachel Nagy died in 2022 at only 48. They played one final show in her honor last summer at the Magic Stick (local music bar that many Detroit acts including Cobras got their start out at).
I wonder if the band name is a homage to Thomas Hearns? He was better known as "The Hitman". But was also known as "The Motor City Cobra".

Do you like LCD Soundsystem or the Disco Biscuits? I expect yes but was curious.
Not sure about Disco Biscuits but I do like LCD quite a bit.
Disco Biscuits 12/30/18 and 12/31/18 are both concerts on you tube. Watch them and thank me later. The 12/31 is the Hot Air Balloon rock opera in costumes. That is so epic. There are a couple of cameo's at the start. The 12/30 show is total dance party jams, after the first tune which can be skipped imo. Both shows are all timers.

Good stuff

He's down in Alabama
I'm shouting Bamalama
Way down in Louisiana

I wonder if the band name is a homage to Thomas Hearns? He was better known as "The Hitman". But was also known as "The Motor City Cobra".
I’ve also wondered

On the classical side… enjoying the Florence Price revival moment. Currently listening to the release last week by the Chineke Orchestra with Florence Price‘s Piano Concerto and Symphony No. 1.

Philadelphia Orchestra also had had a couple of releases of Florence Price recently too with Yannick Nézet-Séguin as conductor. Symphonies a year or two ago, and violin concerto earlier this year.

Users who are viewing this thread