What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Suicide-by-text manslaughter trial in MA (1 Viewer)

she just got granted a Stay for the incarceration.  She may never see the inside of the prison cell.

I think she got off pretty light for her part in her bf's suicide. She is young so the goal is rehabilitation and not punishment, but I think she should have been carted off to jail today to start serving her sentence.

When someone talks suicide, has thought about it and worse, tried it before in the past, you need to take it seriously. Derailing someone's conversation, messing with them, mocking them is never right. I think we saw that with Fin but here we go again. So easy hiding behind a user name on a message board, isn't it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think she got off pretty light for her part in her bf's suicide. She is young so the goal is rehabilitation and not punishment, but I think she should have been carted off to jail today to start serving her sentence.

When someone talks suicide, has thought about it and worse, tried it before in the past, you need to take it seriously. Derailing someone's conversation, messing with them, mocking them is never right. I think we saw that with Fin but here we go again. So easy hiding behind a user name on a message board, isn't it.
While both situations are sad, there is no comparison between what happened with Fin and what happened here with this girl.

HBO has a 2 part documentary on this case.  Left me feeling like she should not have been convicted.  She is clearly very unwell and not a reliable narrator of the lynchpin claim that she told him to get back in the car.

HBO has a 2 part documentary on this case.  Left me feeling like she should not have been convicted.  She is clearly very unwell and not a reliable narrator of the lynchpin claim that she told him to get back in the car.
What’s the name of the documentary? 

Carter looked she could have been probably 6 different people over the course of the doc between all the videos and pics shown.

Agree with this 100 percent. I thought she should have gotten off. 

Agree with this 100 percent. I thought she should have gotten off. 
I mean what did they say she would be out in?  Like November this year?  Got 15 months in in February 2019 it looks like.  Expected to see just 9.  

Tbh even with all that 9 months seems on the scope of reasonable.  

Just finished the documentary....

Yeah, they were both mentally ill and there was a lot in there that I didn't read from the news.

Sad story. I think the sentencing was fair after watching this.

Side note: My wife and I were just discussing how there's a TON (maybe most?) of young people like these two who are very socially awkward. Not as severe as the two here but with the advances in tech/social media, it's like this new generation lacks the ability to communicate well with other people in person. We both notice it in our jobs with the younger staff. Idk.

I haven't watched part 2 yet but from what I can gather from part 1, this boy was going to kill himself no matter what(he tried 4 times).   Did she contribute to his decision? She sure did..and she definitely has her own demons shes battling.

I think 2.5 years is fair.   To 100% blame her for this I think is wrong.  Shes a cold evil crazy woman and she should be committed to a mental institution rather than put in prison/

Users who are viewing this thread