What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sunday AM IDP Notes -- W14 (1 Viewer)

Jene Bramel

Footballguy
Link to today's full set of notes ~ http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=13bramel_sundayAM_idp_14

Highlights:

The rotation between Pat Angerer and Kelvin Sheppard continued last week. The stat crew in Cincinnati has leaned more favorable recently, but it's not enough to fully trust Angerer in a must win playoff matchup. Robert Mathis has a better than expected matchup with the Bengals deciding to move Andrew Whitworth to guard to cover for injuries.

This is a big week for Cameron Wake. If he's not able to break through in this matchup, he'll be very hard to trust against New England next week. The pressures are there for Wake, but he's not finishing in the pocket. That's a strength for Roethlisberger. I'd use Wake today, but his leash is short

Audie Cole has won the starting middle linebacker job. Erin Henderson will move to weak side linebacker. I expect that Cole will stick in the subpackages. His coverage has been a pleasant surprise thus far. Jamarca Sanford is questionable with an ankle injury, but fully practiced on Friday. Andrew Sendejo has been the better fantasy option at safety, however, and should be again today.

Byron Maxwell started for Brandon Browner last week. Jeremy Lane was in the slot. Maxwell didn't run up as many tackles as you might expect from a player opposite Richard Sherman, but the Saints aren't deep at wide receiver. That could change for Maxwell today. Bobby Wagner and Kam Chancellor and K.J. Wright get a good matchup today. The stat crew situation is a huge change from last week. Seattle's home crew doles out assists in bunches and depresses solo tackle counts. San Francisco's crew gives out very few assists but is generally more favorable for fantasy production.

Zach Brown is an extremely tough call today. Last week, he played every down and looked good. That may have been due to Michael Griffin's suspension, though George Wilson wasn't stealing many snaps in recent weeks. If the Titans feel Wilson is a better player in coverage on Julius Thomas and/or want the flexibility of Akeem Ayers in zone and pass rush, Brown won't play many snaps against Denver. But if Brown is an every-down player today, he has LB1 upside. In the end, I think there's too much risk unless you are an extreme underdog.

I see you have McCoy rated very high this week. What happened to him last week when he gave us the big goose egg? This makes me weary of him. Should I be?

Curious about L. Woodley - starting at WLB ?
Says he's starting at LOLB.

I see you have McCoy rated very high this week. What happened to him last week when he gave us the big goose egg? This makes me weary of him. Should I be?
Norton does the projections. McCoy has been a boom-bust DT1 for much of the season. I'd use him in DT-required leagues unless you have a more stable option in a tackle-heavy system and are a big favorite. If you're in a DL-inclusive league, there's probably a better upside play available.

Sorry about that Jene. I knew that Norton did the rankings. So, in a DT required league would you play Brockers over Mccoy?

Sorry about that Jene. I knew that Norton did the rankings. So, in a DT required league would you play Brockers over Mccoy?
Love the STL matchup today for all four linemen. Only issue will be who gets there first. Coin flip here, but Brockers has higher upside than McCoy and I'd err in that direction.

And that's the last team-specific question I'll answer in this thread ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you still trust pass rushers like Hali and Mathis in snow games? Opportunities may be down.
Matchup more important than weather, I think. Offenses gameplan early in the week, would prefer to do what they usually do. Takes a lot of weather or major change in expected game flow to deviate. Mathis' matchup is better with Whitworth moving to guard. We'll see if Hali's Week 13 egg had more to do with Denver matchup than loss of Houston.

Audie Cole has won the starting middle linebacker job. Erin Henderson will move to weak side linebacker. I expect that Cole will stick in the subpackages. His coverage has been a pleasant surprise thus far. Jamarca Sanford is questionable with an ankle injury, but fully practiced on Friday. Andrew Sendejo has been the better fantasy option at safety, however, and should be again today.
Last week I went Audie over Aldon Smith and that worked out, this week a tougher call.

Audie Cole VS Sean Lee coming off a hamstring injury where Sean hasn't played in weeks.

Sean faces da Bears Monday Night and right now I have him plugged in over Cole but just wanted to check base with you over any potential lingering issues/concerns with Lee's hamstring of his layoff effecting his play.

TIA

any potential lingering issues/concerns with Sean Lee's hamstring of his layoff effecting his play.
Fully practiced all week. Should be good to go. Always risk of aggravation in first 7-10 days back, but three consecutive practices is as reassuring as you'll get for a first week back. Matchup is nice, too.

any potential lingering issues/concerns with Sean Lee's hamstring of his layoff effecting his play.
Fully practiced all week. Should be good to go. Always risk of aggravation in first 7-10 days back, but three consecutive practices is as reassuring as you'll get for a first week back. Matchup is nice, too.
OK, full steam ahead with Sean Lee Monday Night against the Bears. :drive:

Who is starting at safety for Washington? I saw that Merriweather is out. Rambo and Doughtery?
That's the expectation, yes. I'm not certain I saw that confirmed by beat writer lineup card report, though.

ETA: Yes, one WAS writer confirmed Rambo for Meriweather. May be a rotation, but that's the starting lineup change.

Jene - Von Miller or Sean Lee? I'm leaning Von because Denver should go up big and Sean has been hurt, but Von didn't look good last week. See points layout below:

Sack, Fumble Recovery 4 pts

Forced Fumble 2 pts

Solo Tackles 1 pt

Asst Tackle .5pt

Users who are viewing this thread