What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sunday Morning - RB Thread (1 Viewer)

Andy Hicks

Footballguy
With a lot of players likely to be rested and others likely to be limited, post what you here relating to RBs here.If we start pinning each player it could be overloaded today. If we need the individual player threads, not matter how many, then let us know

Status on Dillon today?
Last year, he played into the 4th quarter of a meaningless game, but the Patriots were trying to and got him to 1,600 yards and a $375,000 bonus.He only has 733 yards this year, so risking him seems less likely. He does have 12 TDs so maybe 13 is an incentive??? I would say he may get a goaline look if the opportunity presents itself.

Corey Dillon is among the Patriots inactives in week 17.Still not 100%, New England will give their running back a bye week. Look for Dillon to play in the playoffs. The Patriots have a lot of usual starters inactive, like safety Artrell Hawkins, LB Tedy Bruschi, and CB Asante Samuel. Jan. 1 - 11:44 am et Source: Boston Globe

Choosing between:Frank GoreVerand MorencyWillie ParkerDom RhodesAny info on the above guys is appreciated.

Choosing between:

Frank Gore

Verand Morency

Willie Parker

Dom Rhodes

Any info on the above guys is appreciated.
I'm deciding between Gore, Morency and Rhodes (need to start two with LJ). Waiting for news on whether Edge will be inactive today. There's a good bet he won't play today.

My guess is Willie Parker for about a half before they turn it over to Verron Haynes almost exclusively in the 2nd half.The Steelers, I suspect, will try to get Ward his 60some yards needed for 1,000 in the first half, too.

Choosing between:

Frank Gore

Verand Morency

Willie Parker

Dom Rhodes

I'm deciding between Gore, Morency and Rhodes (need to start two with LJ). Waiting for news on whether Edge will be inactive today. There's a good bet he won't play today.
I wouldn't touch Edge today, personally. Otis - you seem well stacked for the week 17 matchups. All of those four are good options, but I'd roll with Morency and Rhodes probably.. though I could be convinced to go with Gore over Rhodes. How's that for waffling? haha.

Choosing between:

Frank Gore

Verand Morency

Willie Parker

Dom Rhodes

rotoworld:Edgerrin James is unlikely to play Sunday, ESPN reports.

Dominic Rhodes should get the start. Jan. 1 - 11:08 am et

Steve Cohen, WFAN, reported this morning that Steven Jackson is still a game-time decision and the Rams seemed more worried about getting Faulk to play with Arlen the likely starter. There was nothing different nor positive about Jackson's condition this morning and it will be close to impossible to predict his status because the game isn't until tonight. I don't think it's worth starting Jackson.

Anything on Deshaun Foster?
Steve Cohen, WFAN, stated he would start but is not 100 percent. He also reported that Nick Goings is also not 100 percent... But anyway, Foster will get the start today per WFAN at about 11am.

Any new SA news?
ESPN said that Holmgren told SA he will play for a predetermined amount of time, and when they pull him, thats it.
So no word on the amount of time? Ugh, maybe I should start Caddy afterall. I guess they are not letting SA try for 2k.

THE NEWSRunning back Edgerrin James has been deactivated for Sunday's season finale against the Cardinals. Our ViewWe didn't expect Edge to play much anyway, but this indicates he won't even bother getting suited up. Hope you have another option for your fantasy squad, if your league is silly enough to play a meaningful game in week 17.

Anything on Deshaun Foster?
rotoworld:DeShaun Foster and Nick Goings are both active for the Panthers.

Foster had a big day against the Falcons last time they played and is a solid fantasy play. Goings should back him up. Jan. 1 - 11:51 am et

Thomas Jones, does anyone know if he'll get any real playing time or is just going for 1,300 yard mark?

Who's expected to get the bulk of the carries for GB & MIN today? Have to decide between Herron, Moore, Hicks, Goings, and T Jones.

Choosing between:

Frank Gore

Verand Morency

Willie Parker

Dom Rhodes

I wouldn't touch Edge today, personally. Otis - you seem well stacked for the week 17 matchups. All of those four are good options, but I'd roll with Morency and Rhodes probably.. though I could be convinced to go with Gore over Rhodes. How's that for waffling? haha.
Thanks Bob - Glad I sat Rhodes, but I'm still on the fence re: Gore vs. Morency. I believe I am going to go with my instinct and roll with Gore. Still have about an hour to change my mind though :) Kicking myself for not having put FWP in there. I did not expect him to get this many touches. The Bus took the TDs but FWP is still over 100 already. Would have been a nice start.

:ptts:

Users who are viewing this thread