What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Early 2022 Rookies (1 Viewer)

Zyphros

Footballguy
Hi all, been a minute since I've been on this forum. Loved all the conversations I've had on here in the past. People I got to know a bit are probably not even here that much anymore ha. Never really post much anymore. I've been getting all my prospect talk on Twitter for a while now. And yes I'm still waiting for Preston Williams to officially become the WR1 of the league. 

Anyways figured this would be a good time to workshop a bit, get some comments and show the process since I used to post lots of types of rankings around here. You see different types of rankings all the time, I always base mine off PPR and fantasy impact, not NFL impact. I don't do QB's or TE's so they're not involved here.

My process has evolved so much since I started doing this. Finally in a good place with misses like everyone else. I like where my process leads me a lot of the time. I'm mostly a tape guy and I'll add analytics a bit later on when testing and draft capital is more known. Right now I have only film grades into these tiers and it's the baseline for players during my process. Here they are:

Tier 1 = God Tier - elite of the elite (only 2 to fall into this category over the last 3 years is Tee Higgins and Ja'Marr Chase. Barkley likely would of been here as well from 2018, but I started this for the 2019 class)

WR's - None

RB's - None

Tier 2 = Demi-God's - above average NFL WR1, not elite but has long term sustainability, NFL RB1

WR's - Justyn Ross, George Pickens, David Bell

RB's - Kenneth Walker

Tier 3 = Fighter Tier - NFL WR2 usually sustains success, NFL RB1a type of role possibly more

WR's - Romeo Doubs, Drake London, Treylon Burks, Garrett Wilson

RB's - Rachaad White, Isaiah Spiller, Breece Hall

Tier 4 = Good Soldier Tier - NFL WR3 type, fantasy impact may be limited, decent players, just not special in any way. Might throw in a good year here and there. NFL backup RB

WR's - Jahan Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Chris Olave, Jalen Tolbert, John Metchie, Dontario Drummond, Wan'Dale Robinson, Joshua Moore

RB's - Jashaun Corbin, Kyren Williams, Zamir White, Sincere McCormick, Keaontay Ingram, Jerrion Ealy, Brian Robinson Jr., Tyler Allgeier, ZaQuandre White

Only like maybe half of this group? I find it obvious but some might not, it's the front of the tier. The guys I like will always get that nod. so the top3 WR's and top4 RB's are my only real interest. 

Tier 5 = Questionable Starter/Flyer's - Hopeful's to carve out a role, deep backups, only applicable for deep leagues

WR's - Chris Autman-Bell, Reggie Roberson, Alec Pierce, Sam Pinckney, Jaquarri Roberson

RB's - Kevin Harris, Zonovan Knight, Dameon Pierce, James Cook, Cam'Ron Harris, Jerome Ford, Tyrion Davis-Price, Hassan Haskins, Pierre Strong, Master Teague

At most there's 5 in this tier that I wouldn't mind stashing for a hopeful. But it's grim. 

What's going to happen as testing and DC come out, players will move up/down a tier based on how well/early they do at the combine/NFL Draft. For example I know I'm low on Burks as an overall talent, but he'll move up to Tier2 WR's when he tests insanely. And likely to be the first NFL WR drafted, he'll likely be my WR1 when it's all said and done. Mostly this process helps me sort better, weed out outliers, and prioritize guys that NFL teams believe in more, or are better athletes. 

In the end my top11 will look something like this:

Walker, Burks, Spiller, Hall, London, Ross, Pickens, Bell, Wilson, Doubs, White (but that's just me projecting their DC/athleticism)

Out of this group I have my personal favorites - Justyn Ross, Romeo Doubs, Kenneth Walker, Rachaad White

Thoughts? Comments? Who do you like from this group? 

I think Romeo Doubs is superb. Really not sure why he isn't more highly rated. I'm looking to pick up a mid to late 2nd round pick which will be designated for him specifically. 

I think Romeo Doubs is superb. Really not sure why he isn't more highly rated. I'm looking to pick up a mid to late 2nd round pick which will be designated for him specifically. 
Doubs is arguably my 2nd favorite player in this entire class (Kenneth Walker would be #1). So much AJ Brown to his game, I just hope he isn't a product of Carson Strong. If he made Carson Strong good, then he'll be a steal in the 2nd round. I believe he's the ladder though. Doubs was solely responsible for 35% of Strong's passing yardage from 2021. That's absolutely nuts. 

Zyphros said:
Tier 2 = Demi-God's - above average NFL WR1, not elite but has long term sustainability, NFL RB1

WR's - Justyn Ross, George Pickens, David Bell

RB's - Kenneth Walker

Tier 3 = Fighter Tier - NFL WR2 usually sustains success, NFL RB1a type of role possibly more

Walker, Burks, Spiller, Hall, London, Ross, Pickens, Bell, Wilson, Doubs, White (but that's just me projecting their DC/athleticism)

Out of this group I have my personal favorites - Justyn Ross, Romeo Doubs, Kenneth Walker, Rachaad White

Much appreciated for your time and effort to write, post and share your view.  Always a valuable read!  TY

While I agree there are no "Tier 1" caliber talent, there is still players to be had in 1st Round FF drafts...  not so much after the turn.... IMO. 

I am surprised Spiller & Hall are 3rd tier.  Now I realize they have blemishes and shortcomings, but how can they translate to NFL?  Time will tell. 

I would have considered them both closer to Walker in Tier 2.  I guess Combine/Measurables could separate them. 

I am waiting to see Burks numbers.  That might change his tier also ( problem is it could go either way). 

Much appreciated for your time and effort to write, post and share your view.  Always a valuable read!  TY

While I agree there are no "Tier 1" caliber talent, there is still players to be had in 1st Round FF drafts...  not so much after the turn.... IMO. 

I am surprised Spiller & Hall are 3rd tier.  Now I realize they have blemishes and shortcomings, but how can they translate to NFL?  Time will tell. 

I would have considered them both closer to Walker in Tier 2.  I guess Combine/Measurables could separate them. 

I am waiting to see Burks numbers.  That might change his tier also ( problem is it could go either way). 
Spiller and Hall's ceilings are arguably the tops in the draft and they'll likely get at worst day 2 draft capital. They stop/start too much and don't combine moves together with any fluidity for my liking. I don't particularly like them, but there's no denying that they're better than most of these other RB's. 

I compare my tiers across draft classes now. So for example last year I had Javonte/Najee/Etienne as Tier2 players. I like all of them as better prospects than Hall/Spiller, but with the combine if they prove above average athleticism they'll likely move up to tier2 and essentially be "tied" with those 3 guys. But as pure talents, they're tier3 which isn't bad by any means. That's still a 1a role on an NFL offense with a chance to be more. I'm looking for less warts to move to tier2 or higher.

Hi all, been a minute since I've been on this forum. Loved all the conversations I've had on here in the past. People I got to know a bit are probably not even here that much anymore ha. Never really post much anymore. I've been getting all my prospect talk on Twitter for a while now. And yes I'm still waiting for Preston Williams to officially become the WR1 of the league.

Anyways figured this would be a good time to workshop a bit, get some comments and show the process since I used to post lots of types of rankings around here. You see different types of rankings all the time, I always base mine off PPR and fantasy impact, not NFL impact. I don't do QB's or TE's so they're not involved here.

My process has evolved so much since I started doing this. Finally in a good place with misses like everyone else. I like where my process leads me a lot of the time. I'm mostly a tape guy and I'll add analytics a bit later on when testing and draft capital is more known. Right now I have only film grades into these tiers and it's the baseline for players during my process. Here they are:

Tier 1 = God Tier - elite of the elite (only 2 to fall into this category over the last 3 years is Tee Higgins and Ja'Marr Chase. Barkley likely would of been here as well from 2018, but I started this for the 2019 class)

WR's - None

RB's - None

WR's - Justyn Ross, George Pickens, David Bell

RB's - Kenneth Walker

Tier 4 = Good Soldier Tier - NFL WR3 type, fantasy impact may be limited, decent players, just not special in any way. Might throw in a good year here and there. NFL backup RB

WR's - Jahan Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Chris Olave, Jalen Tolbert, John Metchie, Dontario Drummond, Wan'Dale Robinson, Joshua Moore

RB's - Jashaun Corbin, Kyren Williams, Zamir White, Sincere McCormick, Keaontay Ingram, Jerrion Ealy, Brian Robinson Jr., Tyler Allgeier, ZaQuandre White

Only like maybe half of this group? I find it obvious but some might not, it's the front of the tier. The guys I like will always get that nod. so the top3 WR's and top4 RB's are my only real interest.

Tier 5 = Questionable Starter/Flyer's - Hopeful's to carve out a role, deep backups, only applicable for deep leagues

WR's - Chris Autman-Bell, Reggie Roberson, Alec Pierce, Sam Pinckney, Jaquarri Roberson

RB's - Kevin Harris, Zonovan Knight, Dameon Pierce, James Cook, Cam'Ron Harris, Jerome Ford, Tyrion Davis-Price, Hassan Haskins, Pierre Strong, Master Teague

At most there's 5 in this tier that I wouldn't mind stashing for a hopeful. But it's grim.

What's going to happen as testing and DC come out, players will move up/down a tier based on how well/early they do at the combine/NFL Draft. For example I know I'm low on Burks as an overall talent, but he'll move up to Tier2 WR's when he tests insanely. And likely to be the first NFL WR drafted, he'll likely be my WR1 when it's all said and done. Mostly this process helps me sort better, weed out outliers, and prioritize guys that NFL teams believe in more, or are better athletes.

It’s always interesting to look back at some of these and ask what changed or what have we forgotten. Does Ross look like a potential sleeper? Bell or white?

Users who are viewing this thread