What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Surname Map (1 Viewer)

653,620th

Most Common

Surname in the World

Approximately 458 people bear this surname

MOST PREVALENT IN:

United States

HIGHEST DENSITY IN:

Micronesia

Pretty neat website with some background on your surname. The heat map was interesting.

https://forebears.io
I'm a fox! 

And I'm a hound!  

eta* Whoops. Surname is last name. My bad. The name mine was derived from is 9.060 in the world. Poland. There is no information for my Ellis Island spelling. 

Last edited by a moderator:
587th Most Common Surname in the World

Approximately 929,434 people bear this surname

I’m not the unique snowflake I’ve always thought I was.   :kicksrock:

7,274 Most Common Surname in the world

Approximately 78,632 people bear this surname

MOST PREVALENT IN: France

HIGHEST DENSITY IN: Guernsey

Me:

2,578th

Most Common

Surname in the World

Approximately 216,633 people bear this surname

MOST PREVALENT IN:

United States

HIGHEST DENSITY IN:

Saint Martin

Her:

1,125,615th

Most Common

Surname in the World

Approximately 213 people bear this surname

MOST PREVALENT IN:

United States

HIGHEST DENSITY IN:

Norway

5,746th

Most Common

Surname in the World

Approximately 99,759 people bear this surname

MOST PREVALENT IN:

Germany

HIGHEST DENSITY IN:

Namibia

898th

Most Common

Surname in the World

Approximately 591,026 people bear this surname

MOST PREVALENT IN:

Denmark

HIGHEST DENSITY IN:

Faroe Islands

Not that it matters much, but one could debate if different spelling variants make names different.  
I checked a variant spelling and it had different results.  The difference has where it originated.

898th

Most Common

Surname in the World

Approximately 591,026 people bear this surname

MOST PREVALENT IN:

Denmark

HIGHEST DENSITY IN:

Faroe Islands

I checked a variant spelling and it had different results.  The difference has where it originated.
I'm guessing you are a Petersen or a Pedersen :D

Not that it matters much, but one could debate if different spelling variants make names different.  
Right in my family there’s about 6 different spellings of my last name. My great (or great great, not sure) grandfather and mother were illiterate and apparently when having kids they spelled out the last name differently for different kids or relied on nurses to try to figure out how to spell it. Either way it ended up with brothers with different legal last names.

Surname. 6,063,507th most common surname in the world. Approximately 9 people bear this surname. Most prevalent in: United States.

8 of the 9 in the US.  That'd be my Dad, my Mom, Me, My wife, my son, my daughter...and I guess my other two wives?  :confused:     

My info below.  I am of Irish decedent and my name is not a very common name in Ireland (though there is a pub with the name in Carlow Ireland with my last name) but is very prevalent in India (it is actually its own caste).  I get a ton of random mail thinking I am Indian which I have always found funny.  Also, really interesting that the name developed independently on different sides of the world hundred of years ago.  

638th

Most Common

Surname in the World

Approximately 845,085 people bear this surname

MOST PREVALENT IN:

India

HIGHEST DENSITY IN:

Fiji

Surname. 6,063,507th most common surname in the world. Approximately 9 people bear this surname. Most prevalent in: United States.

8 of the 9 in the US.  That'd be my Dad, my Mom, Me, My wife, my son, my daughter...and I guess my other two wives?  :confused:     
That's interesting.

That's interesting.
Only thing I can realistically think of is that it's picking up my Dad's "Americanized" and non-Americanized first name, as well as Nick and Nicholas for me.

My Dad's family is all still in Thailand.  His older sister lived in the states for a while, but she was married, so different last name.  Even his brother's son, who was also here for a while, spelled the family name differently.

95,718th Most Common Surname in the World

Approximately 4,992 people bear this surname 

Most prevalent in: United States

Highest density in: Czech Republic

My info below.  I am of Irish decedent and my name is not a very common name in Ireland (though there is a pub with the name in Carlow Ireland with my last name) but is very prevalent in India (it is actually its own caste).  I get a ton of random mail thinking I am Indian which I have always found funny.  Also, really interesting that the name developed independently on different sides of the world hundred of years ago.  

638th

Most Common

Surname in the World

Approximately 845,085 people bear this surname

MOST PREVALENT IN:

India

HIGHEST DENSITY IN:

Fiji
Singh?

52,311th

Most Common

Surname in the World