What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor League Finals (1 Viewer)

Twilight

Footballguy
PDSL - I'll be selfish and start with this one, since I'm involved.

By a hilariously close margin (2 pts), I defend my 2006 PDSL championship (for my 3rd overall SL championship here).

Therefore the 2007 Champs are Twilight, Wannabee, Rudy (his 3nd also after 2006 WSL2 and 2005 SSL4), and Tag.

BDSL - Renesauz wins the inaugural BDSL Championship

WE - Pictus Hat takes the 2007 White Elephant league over Rudnicki.

IDP - Dpeease causes Rudnicki to lose another league as he takes the IDP Survivor.

MBSL - Glumpy, Atomic Punk, and NorrisB (or Groupthink in actuality) are the champions here. Only AP had won before (2005 SSL 1)

SSL - Preds takes his first championship since 2004. Joining him are Pictus Cat(his 2nd this year), Dpeease (another one with his 2nd), and Fiddles.

WSL - Hear the Footsteps, Jeff Pasquino, and Oldfatguy are the WSL champs

Thus finishes the 2007 Survivor Leagues.

Hmm, 4 seasons in SSL1

2004 Champ

2005 Runner Up

2006 Runner Up

2007 Champ

Yea, I'll take that record of success! :clap:

Great season everyone, and nice game Construx Boy, you definitely gave me a run for my money these past couple weeks!

Twilight, thanks for doing a great job running things for yet another season!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratz to all the champions and thanks Twilight.

Looking forward to competing again next year.

PDSL - I'll be selfish and start with this one, since I'm involved.By a hilariously close margin (2 pts), I defend my 2006 PDSL championship (for my 3rd overall SL championship here).
The funny part is that ADP's late TD against CHI kept me out of the finals by a couple points, but if I had been able to beet Jeter that match I would still have lost to you by . . . 1 point. I seem to like to lead the PDSL league in scoring but can't seem to be able to win the league somehow.

Congrats to Jeff/Wannabee on his PDSL2 victory.

This is my second year in a row I've made the finals only to get completely trounced. Always a bridesmaid...

Looking forward to next year already!

:thumbdown:

Congrats to Jeff/Wannabee on his PDSL2 victory. This is my second year in a row I've made the finals only to get completely trounced. Always a bridesmaid... Looking forward to next year already! :goodposting:
Thanks. This was my first year doing Survivors. I was fortunate to win this and the Staff Survivor I and come in second in the BDSL (congrats Ren).I am already looking forward to the WSL ....

PDSL - I'll be selfish and start with this one, since I'm involved.

By a hilariously close margin (2 pts), I defend my 2006 PDSL championship (for my 3rd overall SL championship here).

Therefore the 2007 Champs are Twilight, Wannabee, Rudy (his 3nd also after 2006 WSL2 and 2005 SSL4), and Tag.

BDSL - Renesauz wins the inaugural BDSL Championship

IDP - Dpeease causes Rudnicki to lose another league as he takes the IDP Survivor.

MBSL - Glumpy, Atomic Punk, and NorrisB (or Groupthink in actuality) are the champions here. Only AP had won before (2005 SSL 1)

SSL - Preds takes his first championship since 2004. Joining him are Pictus Cat(his 2nd this year), Dpeease (another one with his 2nd), and Fiddles.

Congrats to all, especially Twilight and Preds continuing their great showings. I also need to give kudos to JeffP after all the crap I gave him.WSLs start after the afc/nfc championship games. Still need to resolve the software issue first.

Congrats Twilight. I would have loved to get the win, but with all of your hard work put into these leagues you certainly deserve it.

Hmm, 4 seasons in SSL12004 Champ2005 Runner Up2006 Runner Up2007 ChampYea, I'll take that record of success! :shrug:Great season everyone, and nice game Construx Boy, you definitely gave me a run for my money these past couple weeks!Twilight, thanks for doing a great job running things for yet another season!
Thanks. Congrats on the win!

:confused:

Very happy to have won one of these!......

And ready for WSL's also.

Thanks for all the hard work twilight!

PDSL - I'll be selfish and start with this one, since I'm involved.By a hilariously close margin (2 pts), I defend my 2006 PDSL championship (for my 3rd overall SL championship here).
The funny part is that ADP's late TD against CHI kept me out of the finals by a couple points, but if I had been able to beet Jeter that match I would still have lost to you by . . . 1 point. I seem to like to lead the PDSL league in scoring but can't seem to be able to win the league somehow.
I know your pain, I ended up 200 points ahead of the next highest finisher (And winner!) Wannabee in PDSL2. These drafts really make for interesting leagues.

I needed this win to redeem myself this year since I didn't do too well in my 2 main league drafts.

It was a tight race to the finish with FM. Good luck to all next year and I'll see you at the WSL.

Thanks to Twilight for taking care of this once again this year !!

congrats to the champs

first time in 3 years I havent won one, still a decent showing made final 4 in 2 drafts this season

see ya all in the WSL.

I dont mind paying for the software service one bit. let me know how much to pony up

:goodposting: Second year in Survivor and I win one! Sweet!

Congrats to all, especially Twilight and Preds continuing their great showings. I also need to give kudos to JeffP after all the crap I gave him.

WSLs start after the afc/nfc championship games. Still need to resolve the software issue first.
Nice BnB. Hope YOU learned something. ;)

Thanks, Twilight . You're a good man. You feed our addiction. It's not about winning or losing, its the competition. Its not the destination, its the journey....

Twilight - thanks for all your work on these leagues. I will say that these drafts help me prepare for the season more than any other tool.

oldfatguy said:
Thanks, Twilight . You're a good man. You feed our addiction. It's not about winning or losing, its the competition. Its not the destination, its the journey....
True. Now I feel I've had my share of the luck in a very skilled field. Thank you Twilight for this experience.

I have never come back to these threads to gloat after winning a particular survivor league.I guess it is b/c a) it is childish, and b) for everyone I win overall, there are probably another 2-3 each year I don't win.

However, for those of you that never jumped into a WSL1 thread from this past year, you have no idea how much cr@p I got about taking Manning at 2.06.

Guys jumped all over me for that pick.

BicycleSS: "I hate early QB picks."

Lhucks: "I consistently finish high in these drafts and I NEVER take a QB in the first two rounds."

Also Lhucks: "The top WRs are such a better pick than a QB at this juncture."

And Pimpin, as well as others, all ragged on me for that pick.

The only one that argued in favor of it was Twilight.

Twilight liked it due to the fact that that early in the year (winter), there is so much in doubt, that it is nice to know you have a sure thing. And he even pointed out that Rudy won WSL2 the prior year with an early pick spent on Manning.

Well, I have now confirmed the opinion I had long ago in these leagues:

You can win with almost any strategy.

In these various WSL, MBSL, SSL, PDSL, BDSL, Anarchy, etc leagues - we have seen several different strategies work. I've seen teams win that had the worst QBs of the 16 teams, but were perhaps incredibly strong at RB or WR. I've seen others win without being terribly strong at any one position, but essentially did not have many injuries along the way. We've also seen teams win by stricking gold late in a draft (ie, think MJD taken in 06 in 19th and 20th rounds). We've seen teams win that spent very early picks on TEs (due to many of these leagues awarding 2ppr for TEs) and we've seen teams win that waited as long as possible before taking a TE.

My point is, as long as you have some decent strategy (meaning it can't be something like being sure to draft the best 2 kickers and securing them by taking them in rounds 1 and 2), the thing that ends up mattering after that the most is simply not getting injured.

When everyone was getting on me for taking Manning in the 2nd, I bet that had I been able to foresee the future and let them all know my 1st round pick Rudi Johnson would be injured much of the year - they all would have said that I really don't have much of a chance at all. Point is, no one really knows. I bet guys that were sitting with Steven Jackson, Larry Johnson, etc were all psyched having such a great RB going into the season. But in the end, injuries are the name of the game in FF.

Injuries and gold. Whatayagonnado.

Backups can mitigate injuries, but usually at the cost of taking a flyer.

Solid value picks help. Auction might help seperate the better picks of the year. I don't have any experience with that. BDSL may have helped there.

Timing is key. Having a player hit when your others are down. Total Points is a pretty good indicator of performance. Looking at low weeks and reasons why can help you find a hole in one's strategy. If no reason but luck, whatayagonnado.

WSL seems to hope for a lot of luck with bye weeks and totally unforseen transactions. Why do it?

Because it's so much freaking fun.

well said htf. ive come to the same conclusion on strategy and am glad to have come to it as it leaves you open to take whatever path you want and still have a shot.

I have never come back to these threads to gloat after winning a particular survivor league.I guess it is b/c a) it is childish, and b) for everyone I win overall, there are probably another 2-3 each year I don't win.

However, for those of you that never jumped into a WSL1 thread from this past year, you have no idea how much cr@p I got about taking Manning at 2.06.

Guys jumped all over me for that pick.

BicycleSS: "I hate early QB picks."

Lhucks: "I consistently finish high in these drafts and I NEVER take a QB in the first two rounds."

Also Lhucks: "The top WRs are such a better pick than a QB at this juncture."

And Pimpin, as well as others, all ragged on me for that pick.

The only one that argued in favor of it was Twilight.

Twilight liked it due to the fact that that early in the year (winter), there is so much in doubt, that it is nice to know you have a sure thing. And he even pointed out that Rudy won WSL2 the prior year with an early pick spent on Manning.

Well, I have now confirmed the opinion I had long ago in these leagues:

You can win with almost any strategy.

In these various WSL, MBSL, SSL, PDSL, BDSL, Anarchy, etc leagues - we have seen several different strategies work. I've seen teams win that had the worst QBs of the 16 teams, but were perhaps incredibly strong at RB or WR. I've seen others win without being terribly strong at any one position, but essentially did not have many injuries along the way. We've also seen teams win by stricking gold late in a draft (ie, think MJD taken in 06 in 19th and 20th rounds). We've seen teams win that spent very early picks on TEs (due to many of these leagues awarding 2ppr for TEs) and we've seen teams win that waited as long as possible before taking a TE.

My point is, as long as you have some decent strategy (meaning it can't be something like being sure to draft the best 2 kickers and securing them by taking them in rounds 1 and 2), the thing that ends up mattering after that the most is simply not getting injured.

When everyone was getting on me for taking Manning in the 2nd, I bet that had I been able to foresee the future and let them all know my 1st round pick Rudi Johnson would be injured much of the year - they all would have said that I really don't have much of a chance at all. Point is, no one really knows. I bet guys that were sitting with Steven Jackson, Larry Johnson, etc were all psyched having such a great RB going into the season. But in the end, injuries are the name of the game in FF.
If I have learned anything over the years it's not to give a rats ### over what other people thing of your strategy. I have tried more strategies than could ever be imagined and have heard all the snide comments along the way, and usually laugh as my opponents fall by the way side. I am always trying new strategies, normally just to see how they turn out.Given that we had heated debates last year about taking Manning in the first round of TWELVE team leagues, taking him in the second round of a 16 team league seems like a no brainer to me.

The secret to winning all of these style leagues boild down to three things: 1) getting early to mid round picks (like 3rd to 6th round) that perform like first or second rounders, 2) having late picks that play a lot and actually contribute each week, 3) having your team stay healthy.

Congrats to dpease for the IDP win. Rudnicki had a really nice squad.
Thanks. I did not expect to make a run after losing Caddy in week 5. In the end, FWP going down for Rudnicki was a HUGE late season boost with me having Dookie.

also finished 3rd in staff IDP survivor league. brutal finish mostly due to injuries in all 3 leagues.congrats to the winners.

Congrats to all of the winners! Especially Preds. Very impressive run in SSL 1 right now.

Also, Thanks to Twilight for running the show! Your are definitely the man. Much appreciated.

Worst year by far for me. After finishing top 3 in all but 1 survivor I have entered, I got my *** handed to me this year. I was out before midseason in every league I was in.

And to top it off, I'm pretty sure I lost a sig bet to Lhucks. Hit me with a PM and lets take care of this. I'm not really sure of the details, but I'm 99.9% sure I'm the one on the owe list.

Can't wait for a chance to compete again this year.

Users who are viewing this thread