What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor Season 46 - Finale - Up Next: Survivor Forty Several (3 Viewers)

Was the Bucket challenge even possible to complete?
I was thinking about that challenge and if it was it possible.

I wondered if you could put one bucket inside of the other bucket so the holes did not line up together and then that “one bucket” would hold close to full bucket. The two guys could then also alternate going back and forth and go at a faster pace.

Still don’t know if it would work in the time allotted as those were big pots to fill up.
I like it. Or use leaves to plug the holes. Must be a rule against that.

I wondered if you could put one bucket inside of the other bucket so the holes did not line up together and then that “one bucket” would hold close to full bucket. The two guys could then also alternate going back and forth and go at a faster pace.

Still don’t know if it would work in the time allotted as those were big pots to fill up.
There are tons of minor rules for challenges that get explained to the contestants but which the show doesn't bother to air. This was probably the case here.

There are tons of minor rules for challenges that get explained to the contestants but which the show doesn't bother to air. This was probably the case here.

"If you choose to quit at any time you must dramatically hurl the hourglass"

-QG

Beat me by 4 minutes :)
-QG

-QG

Way to screw over your tribe that's gonna be walking barefoot on that beach for the next month, good luck with all that shattered glass

Very glad he got voted out. His voice was worse then fingernails on a chalkboard.
And yea, might the worse ever spinning tales.
"I never quit.... Well except those two times.. But other than that I don't quit"
Even Jeff was having a hard time not :lol: at him.
I thought his goose got cooked when Jeff mentioned he could not even own that he’d quit and his response was “I admit it, WE quit” I.e. only admitting by pulling Q into the sentence.

-QG

Way to screw over your tribe that's gonna be walking barefoot on that beach for the next month, good luck with all that shattered glass
That will be something if that happens later in the season.

Early impressions is the cast has more annoying people than past years. We’ll see.

The college athlete is either sandbagging or they edited the comps footage. He wasn’t doing anything in these physical things and he’s going against a collection of let’s just say non athletes.

A bit of self delusion may be useful to get on the show but the Jalensky guy takes the cake 😂

Early impressions is the cast has more annoying people than past years. We’ll see.

The college athlete is either sandbagging or they edited the comps footage. He wasn’t doing anything in these physical things and he’s going against a collection of let’s just say non athletes.

A bit of self delusion may be useful to get on the show but the Jalensky guy takes the cake 😂
Totally agree with the top part. My annoyance/hate-o-meter evolved over the show:

• damn soda is annoying
  • omg allergy girl is annoying
  • I kinda like Bhana
  • Jess is whiny
  • holy crap I feel bad for Hunter and Tevin because Soda is the most annoying person good lord
  • I like both non-Jess girls on the purple tribe
  • Jelensky omg what a dope
  • Love the guy who hates jelensky (Q?)
  • OMG please less soda
  • Nope, don't like Bhana, way too OTT and wtf crying because you love everyone already officially at Soda level of dislike for watching this

Don't even have many green tribe opinions yet lol. I like Maria though. I also like the hot yellow girl and the guy who called her Parvati too bad they won't work together they both seem pretty sharp. The girl with the beware idol I also really enjoyed.

I said the same thing during the show. This is the play. Preserveing their energy level was just as valuable as the amount of water in the bucket.

Yeah, not sure if there is a set of rules for the bucket challenge that aren't explicitly shown to the audience. My brother was suggesting that the guys put their shirts inside the buckets as a lining to limit the impact of the holes. I have to assume that they were told they could NOT do that and we just weren't shown.

I said the same thing during the show. This is the play. Preserveing their energy level was just as valuable as the amount of water in the bucket.
Adam Klein (winner of S33 and now a consultant who helps people apply to get on reality shows) said the same thing on social media. The sweat task isn't worth it because you're getting the machete and pot after the first immunity challenge regardless, and your energy is better conserved for the immunity challenge.

Jelinsky's mistakes here were failing to read Q properly -- a former high-level athlete is going to be less receptive to the idea of quitting a challenge than most people -- and displaying immaturity by heaving the hourglass. Also failing to wear shoes during the challenge, which messed up his feet because he had to walk on coral for part if it.

Yeah, not sure if there is a set of rules for the bucket challenge that aren't explicitly shown to the audience. My brother was suggesting that the guys put their shirts inside the buckets as a lining to limit the impact of the holes. I have to assume that they were told they could NOT do that and we just weren't shown.
Yep. In his exit interviews, Jelinsky said all they were allowed to do to plug the holes was put their fingers in them.

Wow. I know it is recency bias but has there been 3 goofier (and bad) players on a starting tribe than Jelinsky, Jess, and Bhanu? Sometimes you get goofy but good players like Yam Yam and Carolyn. These players are just bad. Jelinsky was completely self-deluded, but they have to be absolutely kicking themselves for keeping Jess over him. I'm glad Jess is going home because I was worried about her mental makeup. She was eating ants. She was easily blind sided and called the rest of the tribe "masterminds" for pulling it off.

I like Bhanu, but it's rare to see someone botch Tribal Council like he has back to back times. He packed his bags after the first name was read, only to declare himself a fool in a moment of self awareness. Tiff - "Don't make the block hot". Unbelievable.

Updated Tiers:

People I like:
  • Q - Hard worker, straight forward guy. Sold Jess well on the fake idol although I don't think that was very hard.
  • Tiffany - Strong player
  • Kenzie - Great social game but people already recognize her as a threat. Bhanu's actions probably make her safer.
  • Ben - Fun vibes, won't last long
  • Charlie - Dumb vibes, but also fun, may stick longer if he can pair with Maria
  • Soda - Great around camp, and the sodar is on point
  • Tevin - Another high energy person who looks like a player
  • Maria - Strategic and social, bringing Charlie in.
People I can't stand:
  • Liz - Learned her name this week. Completely unlikable and also delusional. Everyone wants to be with Liz? She doesn't need the money because of her companies? Can't stand her.
The others I just haven't seen enough of. The dude who found the beware idol but told Venus. I kind of like Venus but she is in a bad spot. I do feel bad for her being completely shut out.
The other girl (Mo?) who sat out and talked with Liz. Seems nice just not enough info. I liked the digs Hunter got in this week. There is apparently one more person and I can't place them.

Oh, I think it was Jem. When Ben was giving out nicknames and called her Jungle Jem, did he say it was a dual meaning because it could also be Gunga Din? There was a weird silence afterwards and I was watching with others so didn't rewing.

Last edited:
Wow these people are nuts :lmao:
This is refreshing, actually. 43 was a snooze for much of its run and it was because they cast too many superfans who played "optimally." 44 might have had the same problem if not for Carolyn and Yam Yam being all-time great characters (and lasting until the end). For 45 and 46, they course-corrected by casting people who might rub each other the wrong way even if they're big enough fans to know they shouldn't be doing that. And of course it helps that they have longer runtimes that enable the airing of more scenes that aren't purely strategy.

On his podcast last night, Probst admitted that he had gotten "too soft" for 41 through 45, both in his persona and in what they were looking for from the cast, and that 46 represents a step toward changing that.

As much as I liked the episode because most of these people are indeed nuts, I did have a crushing realization. I want Liz off my screen as soon as possible, but if she makes the merge, she's being taken to the end as the zero-vote finalist. She's annoying and keeps telling people she doesn't need the money. There is not a profile of someone who you can beat at Final Tribal any easier than that.

As fun as the fake idol shenanigans were, I knew Jess was going to be the boot once Q gave her the fake idol, despite his constant talk about also wanting Kenzie out. You can't do that to someone and leave them in the game. They will never trust you again.

Wow. I know it is recency bias but has there been 3 goofier (and bad) players on a starting tribe than Jelinsky, Jess, and Bhanu? Sometimes you get goofy but good players like Yam Yam and Carolyn. These players are just bad. Jelinsky was completely self-deluded, but they have to be absolutely kicking themselves for keeping Jess over him. I'm glad Jess is going home because I was worried about her mental makeup. She was eating ants. She was easily blind sided and called the rest of the tribe "masterminds" for pulling it off.

I like Bhanu, but it's rare to see someone botch Tribal Council like he has back to back times. He packed his bags after the first name was read, only to declare himself a fool in a moment of self awareness. Tiff - "Don't make the block hot". Unbelievable.

Updated Tiers:

People I like:
  • Q - Hard worker, straight forward guy. Sold Jess well on the fake idol although I don't think that was very hard.
  • Tiffany - Strong player
  • Kenzie - Great social game but people already recognize her as a threat. Bhanu's actions probably make her safer.
  • Ben - Fun vibes, won't last long
  • Charlie - Dumb vibes, but also fun, may stick longer if he can pair with Maria
  • Soda - Great around camp, and the sodar is on point
  • Tevin - Another high energy person who looks like a player
  • Maria - Strategic and social, bringing Charlie in.
People I can't stand:
  • Liz - Learned her name this week. Completely unlikable and also delusional. Everyone wants to be with Liz? She doesn't need the money because of her companies? Can't stand her.
The others I just haven't seen enough of. The dude who found the beware idol but told Venus. I kind of like Venus but she is in a bad spot. I do feel bad for her being completely shut out.
The other girl (Mo?) who sat out and talked with Liz. Seems nice just not enough info. I liked the digs Hunter got in this week. There is apparently one more person and I can't place them.

Oh, I think it was Jem. When Ben was giving out nicknames and called her Jungle Jem, did he say it was a dual meaning because it could also be Gunga Din? There was a weird silence afterwards and I was watching with others so didn't rewing.
We were watching with subtitles on and it said "Jungle Gym"

As much as I liked the episode because most of these people are indeed nuts, I did have a crushing realization. I want Liz off my screen as soon as possible, but if she makes the merge, she's being taken to the end as the zero-vote finalist. She's annoying and keeps telling people she doesn't need the money. There is not a profile of someone who you can beat at Final Tribal any easier than that.

As fun as the fake idol shenanigans were, I knew Jess was going to be the boot once Q gave her the fake idol, despite his constant talk about also wanting Kenzie out. You can't do that to someone and leave them in the game. They will never trust you again.
Agree with you on the vote last night... if you are going to the trouble of a fake idol, that person is going home. But the editors will always try to make a storyline.

Agree with you on the vote last night... if you are going to the trouble of a fake idol, that person is going home. But the editors will always try to make a storyline.
I'll admit I did wonder if Bhanu was going to talk himself out of the game at tribal. It would have been a closer call had Jess found the fake idol on her own or not had it at all.

They have to boot Bhanu next, because he can't keep himself from spilling the beans about everything. And then we will get to the real intrigue of this tribe -- Will Tiffany ultimately side with Kenzie or Q?

Holy cow was the girl on the sidelines cheering annoying! Was hoping someone would’ve told her to STFU! That was probably one of the most physical challenges in a while, and all teams were in it (unless it’s the edit). It seemed to me Q was slacking in the beginning of the challenge also, I was expecting more out of him from his application video. Bhanu is crazy but likeable, having a hard time telling if I like the tattoo chick or not. As mentioned above feel bad for the skinny cute girl but she is slightly annoying. The video recap of the idol handoff had me laughing though!

Yeah, Venus is definitely in the annoying Gen z category. The second she started complaining about "not being heard" because someone accidentally hit her foot...I knew she was a problem.

Bet she uses the term "my truth" alot.

Would keeping the taller Jelinsky over Jess have helped the purple tribe in this immunity challenge? Or would it not have mattered because Jelinsky would have been no help, just like in the first immunity challenge?
Even though he is a buffoon, I have to believe he would have been more help than Jess. Q could have placed him like a giant Ken doll and said “Hold this, don’t move”.

Liz is one of the most instantly unlikable players in a long time. It almost seems like a strategy. Create a persona that is so awful that you get dragged to the end.

Liz is one of the most instantly unlikable players in a long time. It almost seems like a strategy. Create a persona that is so awful that you get dragged to the end.
Sometimes these shows cast people who are more interested in boosting their "brand" IRL than in winning the game. It happens more often in Big Brother than in Survivor, but it does happen. I get the sense that unlike most of the rest of the cast, Liz is a casual fan who doesn't really understand why she is there or what the meta of the game is. She only applied because her daughter dared her to.

Emily from 45 also didn't have a good reason for applying (she did it in a fit of rage because she disagreed with Gabler winning 43) or really understand the meta of the game (being confrontational early on, bragging about how she convinced Bruce not to play his idol, etc.) But she had Kaleb to "coach" her into becoming more likable and a better player. Liz doesn't have anyone like that from what we can tell -- though we haven't seen as much of her as we did Emily because Liz's tribe keeps winning and Venus is its main source of drama at the moment.

I want Liz off my screen as soon as possible, but if she makes the merge, she's being taken to the end as the zero-vote finalist. She's annoying and keeps telling people she doesn't need the money. There is not a profile of someone who you can beat at Final Tribal any easier than that.

She's awful. Just skimming her pre-show bio, she lists: Hobbies--making money. Describe yourself--growth minded. Others describe you--my drive is so inspiring! Proud of--"I Make My Own Money!" We'd never guess--"I'm the face of my company!"

Ugh so annoying with making it all about her making money

I want Liz off my screen as soon as possible, but if she makes the merge, she's being taken to the end as the zero-vote finalist. She's annoying and keeps telling people she doesn't need the money. There is not a profile of someone who you can beat at Final Tribal any easier than that.

She's awful. Just skimming her pre-show bio, she lists: Hobbies--making money. Describe yourself--growth minded. Others describe you--my drive is so inspiring! Proud of--"I Make My Own Money!" We'd never guess--"I'm the face of my company!"

she was annoying AF during the challenge. I will say it's a little bit refreshing to have a person not do the "I'm a successful lawyer back home, but I'm not going to tell anyone on the island because I'm a gifted Survivor player". After Liz, I think we'll be back to that MO for the next several seasons.

People I love:
  • Venus
  • Q
  • Tiff
  • Kenzie
  • Maria
  • Randen
  • Hunter
People I hope are gone as soon as possible:
  • Bhanu
  • Bhanu again
  • Soda
  • Liz
  • Ben

Then there's everyone else. Just characters in the game as far as I can see so far.

she was annoying AF during the challenge. I will say it's a little bit refreshing to have a person not do the "I'm a successful lawyer back home, but I'm not going to tell anyone on the island because I'm a gifted Survivor player". After Liz, I think we'll be back to that MO for the next several seasons.
I mean there's an in-between, but I imagine many live int he in-between and the edit is intentionally one or the other or it doesn't come up.

Sometimes these shows cast people who are more interested in boosting their "brand" IRL than in winning the game.

There were complaints from other corners pre-premiere that this was a problem with this cast. Apparently half of them set up influencer shops online selling their merch and promoting their brands before the season started.
Quite a few people from 44 and 45 did the same thing, IIRC. Even Sean had merch and he had one of the lamest quits ever!

Speaking of which, for what seems like the first time in a while, there are no actual lawyers on this cast, though Charlie is a law student.

This episode drove the dislike up for many players.
Two on Yellow.. One obnoxiously, loud, annoying cheers. The other one pouring salt into the wounds of the purple team.

Purple team voted out the only nice one that I would have cheered for.
The 3 gloating and scheming to make a fool out of her, when they knew they had the votes.
And the other guy who bipolar.. One second happy and cheering, the next second :cry:

I have wondered if this is part of Liz’s strategy. She talks so much about it, I wonder if it’s her ploy to get to the final and then she lets everyone know it’s been a lie. I know that isn’t likely but she is wearing that story out.

I have wondered if this is part of Liz’s strategy. She talks so much about it, I wonder if it’s her ploy to get to the final and then she lets everyone know it’s been a lie. I know that isn’t likely but she is wearing that story out.
I think that would just make the jurors angry, especially if she was carried to the final 3 and didn't "earn" it with her social or strategic game.

More likely, she really is just that oblivious.

People I love:
  • Venus
  • Q
  • Tiff
  • Kenzie
  • Maria
  • Randen
  • Hunter
  • Bhanu
  • Bhanu again
  • Soda
  • Liz
  • Ben

Then there's everyone else. Just characters in the game as far as I can see so far.
That's interesting, I like Soda. I couldn't remember Randen's name but I think he's the guy with the beware advantage that isn't activated yet.

People I love:
  • Venus
  • Q
  • Tiff
  • Kenzie
  • Maria
  • Randen
  • Hunter
  • Bhanu
  • Bhanu again
  • Soda
  • Liz
  • Ben

That's interesting, I like Soda. I couldn't remember Randen's name but I think he's the guy with the beware advantage that isn't activated yet.
Correct. In pregame press, he mentioned that his family thought he was going to be the first boot and his daughter was so confident in that that she was planning to throw a "#1" party for him when he got home.

People I love:
  • Venus
  • Q
  • Tiff
  • Kenzie
  • Maria
  • Randen
  • Hunter
  • Bhanu
  • Bhanu again
  • Soda
  • Liz
  • Ben

Correct. In pregame press, he mentioned that his family thought he was going to be the first boot and his daughter was so confident in that that she was planning to throw a "#1" party for him when he got home.
Wow! Nice to have the support of your family :ROFLMAO:

People I love:
  • Venus
  • Q
  • Tiff
  • Kenzie
  • Maria
  • Randen
  • Hunter
  • Bhanu
  • Bhanu again
  • Soda
  • Liz
  • Ben

Yeah she seems over the top enough that some people are going to love her, but she's one of the most annoying contestants to me, is clearly going to be a shield if Hunter/Venus/Randen are smart...the obnoxious camp song thing, her idiotic sodar - just all of it makes me go blegh. She's also a **** - I think the Venus content was super telling. Soda seems kind of like a bully, though I'm sure some of that is accentuated by the edit.

Exit interview with Jess has me knocking Kenzie down my list too. Edit is portraying her as fun and devious, but seems she was just kind of mean to Jess the whole time. Guess we'll learn more.

Sometimes these shows cast people who are more interested in boosting their "brand" IRL than in winning the game.

There were complaints from other corners pre-premiere that this was a problem with this cast. Apparently half of them set up influencer shops online selling their merch and promoting their brands before the season started.
Quite a few people from 44 and 45 did the same thing, IIRC. Even Sean had merch and he had one of the lamest quits ever!
Even Jess has merch! She has a shirt that says "Smile because it's over" and another with her eating ants that says "I need the protein".

Her exit interviews indicate she had a miserable time and isn't a fan of Kenzie, Q and Tiffany -- more the former two than the latter. She said that when she got booted, she had gone more than 200 hours without sleep -- which goes back to a few days before the game started, as she was booted on Day 5 (120 hours).

Even Jess has merch! She has a shirt that says "Smile because it's over" and another with her eating ants that says "I need the protein".

Her exit interviews indicate she had a miserable time and isn't a fan of Kenzie, Q and Tiffany -- more the former two than the latter. She said that when she got booted, she had gone more than 200 hours without sleep -- which goes back to a few days before the game started, as she was booted on Day 5 (120 hours).
This is why I'm glad she got booted. That was not good for her mental health.

I was kinda iffy on Kenzie (although I had her in the like tier). This probably pushes her out of the tier for now. I could see how the social butterfly could bully those in a lesser position.

Users who are viewing this thread