What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Talk me off the ledge! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotboyz

Footballguy
I swear sometimes ff makes you pull your hair out I'm gonna post my roster in hopes of getting opinions from you guys. I'm trying to decide am I overvaluing my roster. This is not a rate my team or wdis I was told by a league mate that my team is not that good! I though I had a real nice roster I'm thinking bout blowing it up lol I'm on the ledge! Here's my roster:

Qr brady,sanchez

Rb tomlinson,best,bradshaw,ronnie brown,torrain

Wr R.Moss,holmes,murphy,lance moore

Te Finley

K Rackers

Def saints

Scoring 1pt 10 yds pass 1pt for 10 yds combined rush/rec 6pt for tds under 40yds 9pts for tds over 40 5pt bonus for 100 yds rush rec or 300yd passing

Hopefully a league mate never tells you to drink poison.

You seem far too impressionable.

Your team's not terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow didnt expect to see the sarcasm lol but im 2-2 and i swear with this roster i thought would be 4-0 at the very least 3-1 then last night im down by 30 i got moss brady and brown and score a whopping 19 pts!

Not a bad squad but you might look to add a D and a WR...maybe trade one of you RB's???? Just a thought but it's definitely a roster you can work with and win some games with!!!

I swear sometimes ff makes you pull your hair out I'm gonna post my roster in hopes of getting opinions from you guys. I'm trying to decide am I overvaluing my roster. This is not a rate my team or wdis I was told by a league mate that my team is not that good! I though I had a real nice roster I'm thinking bout blowing it up lol I'm on the ledge! Here's my roster:Qr brady,sanchezRb tomlinson,best,bradshaw,ronnie brown,torrainWr R.Moss,holmes,murphy,lance mooreTe FinleyK RackersDef saintsScoring 1pt 10 yds pass 1pt for 10 yds combined rush/rec 6pt for tds under 40yds 9pts for tds over 40 5pt bonus for 100 yds rush rec or 300yd passing
Looking at your roster I was trying to figure out your draft order.My guess is Moss, Brady, Best , Finley, Brown. If that's it you really only got true value in the 4th and that's debatable.You wagered your season on the Pats hookup and it failed. The problem with an all or nothin' strategy is the nothin'.

wow didnt expect to see the sarcasm lol but im 2-2 and i swear with this roster i thought would be 4-0 at the very least 3-1 then last night im down by 30 i got moss brady and brown and score a whopping 19 pts!
It's not sarcasm - nobody cares.

I swear sometimes ff makes you pull your hair out I'm gonna post my roster in hopes of getting opinions from you guys. I'm trying to decide am I overvaluing my roster. This is not a rate my team or wdis I was told by a league mate that my team is not that good! I though I had a real nice roster I'm thinking bout blowing it up lol I'm on the ledge! Here's my roster:Qr brady,sanchezRb tomlinson,best,bradshaw,ronnie brown,torrainWr R.Moss,holmes,murphy,lance mooreTe FinleyK RackersDef saintsScoring 1pt 10 yds pass 1pt for 10 yds combined rush/rec 6pt for tds under 40yds 9pts for tds over 40 5pt bonus for 100 yds rush rec or 300yd passing
Dynasty or redraft? Team is ok. Strength is your QB, TE, and to some extent RB. You definitely need help at WR. Playoff team probably. I'd be very surprised to see you win the championship though.

If you choose to go against the grain and wait until the 3rd round to pick up an RB, you can't be too surpised when the team falters a little. You could still make the playoffs though as Moss will have better days.

did you draft Moss in the 1st and Brady in the 2nd?weak at WR
yes i drafted moss in 1st brady in the 2nd I was picking at the bottom of rd in a 12 team redraft the only quality rb available was shon greene i missed out on arian foster in the 4th. i got ronnie brown via waiver wire in my league we start 1 rb 1 wr with 3 flex wr/rb

did you draft Moss in the 1st and Brady in the 2nd?weak at WR
yes i drafted moss in 1st brady in the 2nd I was picking at the bottom of rd in a 12 team redraft the only quality rb available was shon greene i missed out on arian foster in the 4th. i got ronnie brown via waiver wire in my league we start 1 rb 1 wr with 3 flex wr/rb

Its hard to say anything specifically, not knowing your opponents/league size, etc.

But in general, I would like a stronger 2nd WR than what you have and, overall, this stuff happens in FF. Talk to anyone who has been playing for a while and I'm sure they have dozens of stories about losing when they should have won and winning when they should have won.

Since you're 2-2, I'm not sure why you felt the need to even start this thread. We all know that you're not seriously going to "jump off the ledge" at 2-2. Also, there is a "venting" thread that is more appropriate for posts like this. Not trying to be an ### here but that is why you are seeing some of the sarcastic responses.

roster looks similar to mine.. combine moss's ineptitude with Brady's terrible game last night + Best's injury = frustration nation.

only cure: not caring as much, or alcohol.

it's a game bro.... and a large % of it is luck based like poker

roster looks similar to mine.. combine moss's ineptitude with Brady's terrible game last night + Best's injury = frustration nation.only cure: not caring as much, or alcohol.it's a game bro.... and a large % of it is luck based like poker
Don't over react to one game. Brady traditionally doesn't perform all that well at Miami. This team isn't all that bad, especially considering scoring rules. Since you only need to start 1 WR and 1 RB you can easily get by with deep RB talent at your flex position. I wouldn't bail on the Moss/Brady connection just yet, but realize that Moss just isn't going to be a guy who grabs a lot of catches. He'll be feast or famine. But that's not all that uncommon in any but the top WRs anyway. Your depth at RB could make up for that. Right now you have 4 legitimate starters that you can swap into your 1 RB and 3 flex spots. Hell, you're 2 and 2 nothing worry about just yet.

pretty solid team, when holmes come back I think you're pretty good.

what was your points against total compared to the rest of the league? you could of had a bad schedule.

also where do you stand in total points scored?

Oh I'm so sorry to hear you're 2-2. Cry me a fricken river. :goodposting: I'm 0-4 with the 3rd most points in my league. I lost again for the 3rd time this year to the highest scoring team of the week. :ptts:

At some point every year I swear that I will never play again. Sometimes it is because of 3 injuries in the same week. Sometimes it is because of a rule I don't like. Sometimes it is the scoring method.

In the end, I always come back. Once you get a taste, you always come back...

Now, back to you. Nothing wrong with that team in a redraft. I would stay the course and hope that Holmes will have a big impact. Moss and Brady will be money. They have no running game and a bad defense. NE is a team that must score to win. Expect some games where Brady to Moss is like a recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread