What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Talk to me about Myrtle Beach (1 Viewer)

Myrtle Beach is not as bad as the rap it gets. There are definitely junky businesses and restaurants everywhere. But the beach and the accommodation options are really nice, especially if you stick to North Myrtle or so way south to Pawleys. Condotels has some great condo options.

Destin is just a bit better in my opinion. The water is clearer. It isn't quite as crowded. And in a bit of a shocker, I think it has less rednecks. There is less to do, but there is enough to keep you busy.

For both places, I really suggest 4 bedroom or more condos, as the views, rooms, kitchens and balconies are vastly better than they are in most of their 3 bedroom or less options. The beaches are both warm and groomed daily in the summer. The golf options really are very good, especially in Myrtle. Just go out very early to avoid crowds, then hit the beach afterwards. Both have some nice go-kart places too. You just have to overlook the mess that is the main road. I suggest not eating out except for a couple of meals. Hit the grocery store on Monday morning (they are packed on weekend turnover days) and you'll be set for the week to cook and relax at the condo, pool, and beach. Also avoid the junk like Alligator Alleys, all you can eat buffets, strip joints, etc. They are a total waste of money in my opinion. For restaurants, the Myrtle Beach Golf Association keeps a fairly updated list of what they think of different places to eat Here's the link...at least it has some local knowledge on it... http://www.mbga.com/restaurant-reviews/

Just got back from a 4 day jaunt to Myrtle Beach. We always go in the first half of October, as the weather is still warm and the prices are half what they usually are. We were able to get a suite(two king size beds with full kitchen) that had a ocean front view for $44 a night.

Anyone have some good recommendations for restaurants for dinner in the Little River/North Myrtle area?

Or the northern part of Myrtle?

Anyone have some good recommendations for restaurants for dinner in the Little River/North Myrtle area?

Or the northern part of Myrtle?
I tried Carolina Roadhouse the last time I was down there.  I enjoyed it and the prices were reasonable.  They are located on the northern side of Myrtle.

We go every few years & were actually just there a few weeks ago. I'm not a fan but my wife loves it. As others have mentioned it's way too tacky & touristy for my tastes. There really isn't a lot I can recommend but there is one restaurant we visited on our recent trip I liked. It's called Brisket & it's very small but has fantastic smoked meat. If your into different beers they also had a interesting variety. 

Sorry I can't be more help. The area isn't my cup of tea but I do highly recommend Brisket. 

We are going to be driving back to Camp Lejeune with my son in a couple of weeks. He has to check back in, and then he checks out on a 96 hour leave for New Years. We were going to drive down to Myrtle beach for the weekend. With mixed reviews in this thread, I'm wondering if we should rethink. Is it worth the extra drive? Or should we look at Topsail Beach instead? We aren't tied to any one area. I'm guessing the beach will be weather permitted.

Just looking for somewhere we can hang out and enjoy a few days as a family. 

Users who are viewing this thread