What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jared Wiley, KC (1 Viewer)

Matt McMullen
“He’s sneaky…He tested really well, but you also see that speed on tape.”

Chiefs’ area scout Jason Lamb spoke about tight end Jared Wiley’s dynamic skillset on Saturday. The 6-foot-6, 250 pound Wiley caught three passes 20+ yards downfield in 2023.

“I’ve watched him for years and tried to model my game off of him.”

Rookie tight end Jared Wiley spoke about the opportunity to learn from Travis Kelce.

Cecil Lammey had to step off the radio to get some fresh air when he had been calling for my Broncos to grab him and lost him to the Chiefs. Cecil did the same thing when KC got pacheco and he called for the Broncos to take him as well.

Tho I think Cecil is a fan of the steelers, but he's on Denver radio. One of the few people I like in denver sports

Cecil Lammey had to step off the radio to get some fresh air when he had been calling for my Broncos to grab him and lost him to the Chiefs. Cecil did the same thing when KC got pacheco and he called for the Broncos to take him as well.

Tho I think Cecil is a fan of the steelers, but he's on Denver radio. One of the few people I like in denver sports
Yeah Cecil was really pounding the table for this guy- thinks he has WR skills

The problem with taking such a late flyer on a TE is that it's probably a 2-3 year ramp up before he becomes playable (if he ever does) and that's just eating roster space in the meantime.

The problem with taking such a late flyer on a TE is that it's probably a 2-3 year ramp up before he becomes playable (if he ever does) and that's just eating roster space in the meantime.
Agreed plus Gray is actually a pretty good TE in his own right. Murky situation IMO.

Generally, the better strategy is to allow someone else to roster the TE prospect, then in a year or two, when that dynasty manager releases the player to free up the roster spot, grab him. This will at least cut your wait time and frustration. If you grab Wiley now, you commit to a potentially long wait on an uncertain prospect. I like Wiley's potential upside, but if you are penciling him in for 2026 with Kelce's production, you will likely be disappointed.

Generally, the better strategy is to allow someone else to roster the TE prospect, then in a year or two, when that dynasty manager releases the player to free up the roster spot, grab him. This will at least cut your wait time and frustration. If you grab Wiley now, you commit to a potentially long wait on an uncertain prospect. I like Wiley's potential upside, but if you are penciling him in for 2026 with Kelce's production, you will likely be disappointed.
Yeah, it's a long ramp. Obviously roster size, taxi squd eligibility, etc plays a role but as much as I like him I don't think I can roster him with that kind of commitment.

Agreed plus Gray is actually a pretty good TE in his own right. Murky situation IMO.
Gray is on the last year of his deal so it seems like Wiley can step into the Gray role in year. The thing is that role is meaningless unless something happens to Kelce. Of course with his age, the likelihood of something happening is increasing.

I agree in short bench leagues. You see so many young TEs dropped in that setup. The Darnell Washington's, Schoonmaker's, and Kraft's are floating on the WW in most of those leagues.

I agree in short bench leagues. You see so many young TEs dropped in that setup. The Darnell Washington's, Schoonmaker's, and Kraft's are floating on the WW in most of those leagues.
Even in a league with 30 roster spots- how long can you really hold on to Darnell Washington? How many years of doing nothing is worth his likely small payoff?

Users who are viewing this thread