What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Teams revealing new unis - TB and ATL. Indy tweaks their brand. Browns' are brown. SD holds the line. Rams get it right. (1 Viewer)

Excellent job...love the #'s on the helmet...nice touch.
Ya the numbers on the helmet are cool.  Curious how much more expensive that is now that they need to pain them all custom.  Or maybe players all have perfect custom helmets for their exact head shape anyways.

Casting Couch said:
I really like the new Patriots uniforms. When I saw them unveiled as the color rush, I really liked the stripes, it gives them more of a classic streamlined look.

Much better than the look of the last 20 years imo, but nothing can replace Pat Patriot.
There has never been an attractive Patriots helmet, new or old. They all look stupid.
That is all  

Signed,

Raider Fan with perfect uniforms

Deamon said:
Ya the numbers on the helmet are cool.  Curious how much more expensive that is now that they need to pain them all custom.  Or maybe players all have perfect custom helmets for their exact head shape anyways.
Numbers are probably just stickers

Do not like. 
besides breaking up the icon horn into 2 slices, am I seeing a gradation in the numbering on the jersey? Unless that’s just the way it’s rendered but they’re actual a single flat color, that is just horrible. (Jaguars black-to-good-graduates-helmet, anyone?). 
I sure hope I’m seeing that wrong. 

Do not like. 
besides breaking up the icon horn into 2 slices, am I seeing a gradation in the numbering on the jersey? Unless that’s just the way it’s rendered but they’re actual a single flat color, that is just horrible. (Jaguars black-to-good-graduates-helmet, anyone?). 
I sure hope I’m seeing that wrong. 
It gives it a 3d effect kind of like this.

At least the gradiation is only on the numbers and not the whole uniform like the Falcons did.

Rams battling the Falcons for the bottom in this years pack of changes, but unfortunately for the Falcons they will never relinquish that spot.  Rams got the white version (bone on bone) all wrong imo.  The blue/yellow combo is the only OK one.  Another case of changing for the worse.

At least the gradiation is only on the numbers and not the whole uniform like the Falcons did.
I get what they’re trying to achieve with the horn redesign. Just don’t like it. 
and there is no "at least..." allowed when it comes to gradations on uniforms. Don’t do it. Full stop. :)  

Didn't even stop to think they were going for a 3D effect (showing an inner curl to the horn). Makes total sense, and thanks for pointing that out.

But I will say: the fact that this wasn't evident right away/needs to be explained (assuming that's what they were trying to achieve in the first place) makes it a failed design IMO. NFL uniforms shouldn't be one of those "magic pictures" you need to stare at for 2 minutes before a vague outline of something starts to appear. 

The gradation of numbers makes this redesign even worse.

Hey, everyone's aesthetic and sartorial tastes are different. But to me, this is not a great direction overall.

Love the popping blue and yellow color scheme, not a fan of the split horns on the helmet, or the gradient number nonsense.

No shoulder numbers is strange, not a fan. They could have done worse, the Bone Unis are interesting, and will probably look good with 11 on the field. 

It looks like they just tried to hard to become cutting edge, at the expense of tradition.  6.5 out of 10.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/13/la-rams-uniforms-grade-review-reaction/

The more I dig into this uni, the more I find to dislike.

What is with the "nametag" patches on the front? Why do they say different things on different jerseys? What is with that crazy yellow stitching on the top of the patch on their home royal blues?

I want to not be such a hater and try to take a balanced view, but I can't find many good things to say -- maybe that after all these years, it's great to see that their helmet color now matches their classic royal blue jerseys? 

Rams unis are absolute 🔥.

Will wait to actually see them on the field, but that bone on bone look may be the best uniform in the entire league. Grand slam IMO.  

You old FBGs need to take your Metamucil and embrace change! 

The yellow is skewing way too neon for me. Like the flashy road safety yellow/green on vests.

And the numbers just look stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will wait to actually see them on the field, but that bone on bone look may be the best uniform in the entire league. Grand slam IMO.  

Enjoy your gradations! Put em on every uniform!

ps.  And I’m not an old curmudgeon (Though I am old). I dig the cutting edge, modern look of Seahawks uniforms. And I love how the Ducks seem to have a couple of new uniforms each year. But in the Rams case, new does not equal good. 

:lmao:  bone on bone is the worst uni in the league. And I’m all for change but they are positively hideous. 

rams and falcons are hot garbage.

Chargers look good.

Bucs, meh.....gimme Bucco bruce and the orange
As a Raider fan it pains me to say that the Chargers have the best uniforms in the league since switching back to these kind of retro looks over the past decade. I don’t like powder blue at all as a color in general, but on that uni with the yellow bolt, and now the numbers on the helmet...tops in the league. Also, I drafted Herbert in a dynasty league and own Mike Williams in another so, go Chargers?

As a Raider fan it pains me to say that the Chargers have the best uniforms in the league since switching back to these kind of retro looks over the past decade. I don’t like powder blue at all as a color in general, but on that uni with the yellow bolt, and now the numbers on the helmet...tops in the league. Also, I drafted Herbert in a dynasty league and own Mike Williams in another so, go Chargers?
So. Much. Blasphemy. Right. Here.  ;)

I am biased and think the Raiders unis are the best, hands down, in the NFL. Timeless, powerful, clean - it would be really hard to think of a change that would make them better,

But there is no denying that the Chargers' powder blues have always been fantastic and iconic in their own right. And they did a tremendous job with their rebrand. Love the numbers on the helmets, and the pairing of either white or yellow pants with their home/aways look equally great.

It's actually a good study in how design with nearly the identical palette (Rams' royal blue/yellow homes, Chargers' royal blue color rush) can go equally great (Bolts) or horrible (Rams).

So. Much. Blasphemy. Right. Here.  ;)

I am biased and think the Raiders unis are the best, hands down, in the NFL. Timeless, powerful, clean - it would be really hard to think of a change that would make them better,

But there is no denying that the Chargers' powder blues have always been fantastic and iconic in their own right. And they did a tremendous job with their rebrand. Love the numbers on the helmets, and the pairing of either white or yellow pants with their home/aways look equally great.

It's actually a good study in how design with nearly the identical palette (Rams' royal blue/yellow homes, Chargers' royal blue color rush) can go equally great (Bolts) or horrible (Rams).
I get wanting to sell new jerseys and all, and that's what the throwback/color rush crap is for, teams like GB, Pitt, oak, dallas should never change...teams that should go back to their originals immediately are:

Broncos

Pats

Falcons

Bucs

Houston/Tennessee - give us the GD oiler unis please.

I like the seattle Zorn era look better.

Philly should be the Randall Cunningham era green. or even the white helmet era

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
I get wanting to sell new jerseys and all, and that's what the throwback/color rush crap is for, teams like GB, Pitt, oak, dallas should never change...teams that should go back to their originals immediately are:

Broncos

Pats

Falcons

Bucs

I am interested in knowing what you mean by original unis - e.g. what year.

Broncos' inaugural uniforms were hideous, with brown helmets, mustard yellow jerseys, dark brown pants, and crazy vertical (yes, vertical) striped socks.

Pats' original helmet had a weird tricorner hat on it in its inaugural season -- Pat Patriot came into play in '61, which if that's what you mean, I agree it was their best.

Totally agree on the Bucs, that they never brought the Creamsicles back for throwbacks is a travesty. And always loved Oiler unis (post '66 when they incorporated more striped accents).

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

Broncos

Pats

Falcons

Bucs

Denver is a rare example where the unifroms were good before and after the massive redesign in the 90s.

Still wrong. The more I look at the logo and uniform the more I like it. Well, except for the all blue combo - that's too much.
I can’t tell if it’s a Rams or Chargers logo, and the blue makes that worse. 

they should go back to the Greatest Show on Turf unis. That was their best look. 

I am interested in knowing what you mean by original unis - e.g. what year.

Broncos' inaugural uniforms were hideous, with brown helmets, mustard yellow jerseys, dark brown pants, and crazy vertical (yes, vertical) striped socks.

Pats' original helmet had a weird tricorner hat on it in its inaugural season -- Pat Patriot came into play in '61, which if that's what you mean, I agree it was their best.

Totally agree on the Bucs, that they never brought the Creamsicles back for throwbacks is a travesty. And always loved Oiler unis (post '66 when they incorporated more striped accents).
broncos - blue helmet, with the D on it

Pats - the minuteman hiking the football mostly red uni

Falcons need to go back to the mostly red uni & helmet.

JohnnyU said:
I hate rounded numbers the Broncos and Ravens have.
But these Rams rounded numbers with gradients and highlight lines somehow work for you?

to each their own :)  

Users who are viewing this thread