What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Texas Pro Day (1 Viewer)

Cadillac Williams, Ronnie Brown, Marion Barber, Ciatrick Fason, Vernand Morency, and JJ Arrington all have career YPC averages that are comparable to Benson's. If they had played four years behind the UT o line and carried the ball 1,000+ times then they probably would've put up very good numbers.
Possibly.But it's equally likely that they would have broken down under the wear & tear of that kind of week-in week-out pounding. Benson's the only one who's proven he can put up high YPC & TD #s while being a workhorse for four years. First Texas back ever to have four 1000+ yard rushing seasons. If I remember correctly, he is preceded by some ok backs, too...names like Campbell, Williams, Holmes, Leaks, and Metcalf come to mind.We'll find out soon enough...

Texas fans think Benson will be a good pro? Shocking!

Seriously though, I understand that there's more to football than measurables. Nevertheless, it would be foolish to ignore the numbers. I think the numbers for Benson are sub par and I have factored this into my evaluation of him.

I also find it funny when people try to validate a draft prospect by pointing to his college stats. A lot of players put up great stats in college. Few of them become impact NFL players.
EBF, have you watched the highlight reels for Benson & Brown? They are of course highlights, but Benson sure looked like a better football player to me.
Those two have been battling for the #2 spot on my board for a while. I'm leaning towards Benson.

Users who are viewing this thread