What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 100 Greatest Songs of 1982 #1. Little Red Corvette (1 Viewer)

Country Songs Snubbed

Bob Seger - Shame on the Moon (my favorite Seger)

Kenny Rogers - Love Will Turn You Around (huge hit at Kenny's peak)

Sylvia - Nobody (crossover pop country, certainly not everybody's cup of tea)

Alabama - Mountain Music (probably makes my top 10 for the year and is an SEC anthem) - Early Alabama is critically acclaimed for all the music snobs in here.

Timmy doesn't know any better. He's got very narrow musical taste, which he openly has admitted to.

Last edited:
Funk/Hip Hop Snubs

The Gap Band - Early in the Morning

One Way - Cutie Pie (heard this in LA Clubs into the 2000s)

Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - It's Nasty (Genius Of Love)

Cameo - Flirt

Country Songs Snubbed

Alabama - Mountain Music (probably makes my top 10 for the year and is an SEC anthem) - Early Alabama is critically acclaimed for all the music snobs in here.

Timmy doesn't know any better. He's got very narrow musical taste, which he openly has admitted to.
Sometimes a little self reflection is in order.
Tim did a great job with this countdown. I could come up with a list of 100 easily for this year that he didnt include, but either put up or shut up.
I didnt like Tims 1977 list, so i did my own. I like Tims list here, maybe 50 make my top 100.

I challenge you to do your own 1982 rather than tearing down or patronising Tim

Country Songs Snubbed

Mountain Music- Alabama is one of the worst songs of 1982.

Country Songs Snubbed

I agree with Trip that early Alabama is pretty damn good. For them in 1982, I'd prefer "Take Me Down" - probably wouldn't hit my top 100 for the year, but it's a hell of a song.

Country Songs Snubbed

I agree with Trip that early Alabama is pretty damn good. For them in 1982, I'd prefer "Take Me Down" - probably wouldn't hit my top 100 for the year, but it's a hell of a song.
Mountain Music was overplayed imo and hits fingernails on the blackboard territory for me. If I never hear it again, that's fine with me.

Country Songs Snubbed

Mountain Music was overplayed imo and hits fingernails on the blackboard territory for me. If I never hear it again, that's fine with me.
Grandma and grandpa will keep playing it, at least.

Country Songs Snubbed

Sometimes a little self reflection is in order.
Tim did a great job with this countdown. I could come up with a list of 100 easily for this year that he didnt include, but either put up or shut up.
I didnt like Tims 1977 list, so i did my own. I like Tims list here, maybe 50 make my top 100.

I’m thinking about it, but it would be rock only.

Lighten up Francis.

Just having some fun GB.

Tim's rankings are amazing. Every single one of us would have a different top 100.
But the smartest people would be closest to mine lol.

What I just wrote reminds me of the “experts” who rank the NFL draft right after it happened. These same dudes do the mock drafts beforehand, ranking each player, and then they give grades based on how close each team came to their preheld convictions. If a team completely disagrees with the players Mel Kiper loves, they get an F.

So I’m going to start judging the same way. If you agree with my tastes you get a good evaluation. If not you suck.

Country Songs Snubbed

Grandma and grandpa will keep playing it, at least.
And I'll just float on down the river.

Lighten up Francis.

Just having some fun GB.

Tim's rankings are amazing. Every single one of us would have a different top 100.
But the smartest people would be closest to mine lol.

What I just wrote reminds me of the “experts” who rank the NFL draft right after it happened. These same dudes do the mock drafts beforehand, ranking each player, and then they give grades based on how close each team came to their preheld convictions. If a team completely disagrees with the players Mel Kiper loves, they get an F.

So I’m going to start judging the same way. If you agree with my tastes you get a good evaluation. If not you suck.
They never grade lower than a C.

I have decided to take a break from the year by year lists. My next top 100 list, due out in August, will be the greatest rock albums of the 1970s.(1970-1979)
Please, no greatest hits or compilations
Neither. I am also debating live albums and soundtracks.

Most importantly I haven’t decided how to classify what is “rock”. I love Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder but I don’t really think of them in my mind as rock. Many people do. So I don’t know yet.

Nothing gets me madder than seeing a top album list and them having greatest hits albums on there. Looking at you Rolling Stone. Soundtracks need to have mostly new material. I vote to include Stevie, Marvin and others, but I’m good either way.

I certainly don't vote to exclude Marvin and Stevie on any grounds, by the way. If they were putting a list of the best thrash metal albums out there and What's Going On was on it, I think I'd just shrug and say "Great album. Maybe the best popular music album ever."

Country Songs Snubbed

The start of my boyhood crush on Diane Lane

24. XTC “Senses Working Overtime” (from English Settlement)

Andy Partridge is a very smart songwriter, and this might be his finest ever composition. It’s such a brilliant exploration of the human condition, wrapped up in a catchy pop song. Just terrific.
Drummer Terry Chambers quit XTC around 1983 after they stopped touring. Today I learned he is touring with a band called EXTC.

Users who are viewing this thread