What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The 2022 NFL Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

Thanks for posting this. I usually don't find Peter King interesting in the least but love the day 3 draft insider coverage. It's amazing to me how much of the football world thinks that anything beyond round 3 is one long series of "Mr Insignificant" based on what a large percentage of NFL players weren't drafted at all.
I think the stats show only 1/3 of the current NFL were drafted in the first 3 rounds.

I think the stats show only 1/3 of the current NFL were drafted in the first 3 rounds.
That's a good stat. And I think something like ~1/4th weren't drafted at all. So even if the average fan thinks that those day three guys are inconsequential they really do make a difference.

As that article points out smart teams like the Raven stockpile those picks and King said they were constantly being offered compensation to trade up into round 4.

People should remember that when they watch their 400th mock draft of only the first round of the draft. I think that's why people lose their mind when a guy slips into the first round and they didn't see the guy drafted in even 1 of the 400 mock drafts.

I am not sure I would say either team had a good draft. Both had 2 top 10 picks and didn't obviously screw up with either. However after that the Giants draft was awful and the Jets made some questionable trade-ups. I do like Max Mitchell though. 
The 4 guys mentioned in the article for The Jets make them noticeably better IMO.  I'm not sure it puts them ahead of Buffalo or maybe even Miami, but they are in the running.  I am not sold on the Giants.  They drafted a couple first round guys but I don't love their offense and hate their QB.  In a QB driven league it seems shortsighted to say they are on a path to any type of success with Danny Dimes back there.  

Many rookies from this class noted as 'winners' from the preseason.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Winners and losers thus far from the 2022 NFL preseason

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Both quarterback Kenny Pickett and wide receiver George Pickens could have appeared on the list in their own right, but since each has looked good, it stands to reason that the real winners are the Pittsburgh Steelers...

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Another team with multiple young players looking much better than their draft position, the Packers are winners thanks to the play of wide receiver Romeo Doubs and tackle Zach Tom, both of whom are fourth-round rookies...

CB AHMAD ‘SAUCE’ GARDNER, NEW YORK JETS

... Gardner looks every bit as good as advertised ...

TE ISAIAH LIKELY, BALTIMORE RAVENS

Another player looking to be a mid-round steal ...

Users who are viewing this thread