What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The AAF and XFL (1 Viewer)

We need a real challenge to the NFL.  Just like the AFL way back in the day. A legit enemy.

Just look at what everybody hates about the NFL and do the opposite.

The fans are what matter most, so everything should be with us in mind.  Do we want to see a ball placed on the 25 yard line to start a drive or a speedy athlete dodging wannabe tackers?  Which is more exciting?

So we want to see a flag thrown on ever punt return?  Hell, hold,  that beats the hell out of a penalty. And go with degrees, if a hit in the back ..did t really matter?

So many things could make the game better.  .HE JACKED HIM UP..... sure beats the hell out of this sissy crap today, sheesh!  Go back to big man football.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As far as this stuff goes, am curious about Luis Perez,  looks like this could be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't get to watch it, but several friends went to the first Commanders game and had a blast. 
Conversation between me and a buddy during the game:

Buddy: I think it's kinda cool that San Diego named their team "The Commanders". It fits perfectly with the fact that San Diego has such a huge Navy presence.

Me: Actually, San Antonio is the Commanders.

Buddy: Oh, well that's kind of dumb. So what is San Diego's nickname? The Alamos?

Me: No, worse than that. The Fleet.

Buddy: :lmao:

Buddy: I think it's kinda cool that San Diego named their team "The Commanders". It fits perfectly with the fact that San Diego has such a huge Navy presence.

Buddy: Oh, well that's kind of dumb. So what is San Diego's nickname? The Alamos?

The Fleet makes 100x more sense than the Commanders. 

Don't forget the Freedom Football League, which was founded by Ricky Williams.

The cities and team names have already been chosen, although they don't have any owners yet.

They actually created a website to try to find owners. ("Become A Team Owner! Click here!" :lol:  )

I love how they couldn't even afford a ".com" domain, so they got one of those cheap ".co" domains.
Somebody with a lot of time on their hands should email them and see how close they can get to speaking with Ricky.

The Fleet makes 100x more sense than the Commanders. 
Nonplural nicknames are awful, especially when they refer to inanimate objects or adjectives.

"Fleet" has the unfortunate distinction of being both.

Nonplural nicknames are awful, especially when they refer to inanimate objects or adjectives.

"Fleet" has the unfortunate distinction of being both.
Also the unfortunate distinction of being a brand of enema 
LOL

So, when the team actually visits a group of ships, but they all get seasick and have to run to the bathroom, then we can say...

[clears throat]

The fleet Fleet used Fleet in a fleet.

We need a real challenge to the NFL.  Just like the AFL way back in the day. A legit enemy.

Just look at what everybody hates about the NFL and do the opposite.

The fans are what matter most, so everything should be with us in mind.  Do we want to see a ball placed on the 25 yard line to start a drive or a speedy athlete dodging wannabe tackers?  Which is more exciting?

So we want to see a flag thrown on ever punt return?  Hell, hold,  that beats the hell out of a penalty. And go with degrees, if a hit in the back ..did t really matter?

So many things could make the game better.  .HE JACKED HIM UP..... sure beats the hell out of this sissy crap today, sheesh!  Go back to big man football.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As far as this stuff goes, am curious about Luis Perez,  looks like this could be interesting.
There will be no challenge to the nfl. Even college football, as huge as it is, is no challenge. 

Don't forget the Freedom Football League, which was founded by Ricky Williams.

The cities and team names have already been chosen, although they don't have any owners yet.

They actually created a website to try to find owners. ("Become A Team Owner! Click here!" :lol:  )

I love how they couldn't even afford a ".com" domain, so they got one of those cheap ".co" domains.
Most of the team descriptions on the site turn in to rants about the racial and economic injustices of the NFL.

when do the XFL and AAF champs play? 

The good of the AAF - pretty much new cities that don't currently have NFL teams...

The Apollos? I like the archer logo but why not go with the archers?

names that don't end in "s" are pretty dumb.

Nothing will ever top the USFL as an alternative league

You know who the real sissies are? Those that are afraid of change 
Do you any idea at all how disappointed we all are who follow pro football with where things have gone now?  Football is about hitting, it's about knocking people down, you can't take that out of the game, that's like taking the right hook out of boxing., the choke our of the MMA.  Football is a rough sport if worried about injury then don't play.

Change for the worst is never good.

when do the XFL and AAF champs play? 

The good of the AAF - pretty much new cities that don't currently have NFL teams...

The Apollos? I like the archer logo but why not go with the archers?

names that don't end in "s" are pretty dumb.

Nothing will ever top the USFL as an alternative league
The AFL was better than the USFL.

Do you any idea at all how disappointed we all are who follow pro football with where things have gone now?  Football is about hitting, it's about knocking people down, you can't take that out of the game, that's like taking the right hook out of boxing., the choke our of the MMA.  Football is a rough sport if worried about injury then don't play.

It’s fine. We don’t need to see player’s brains fried because of fake macho crap. If you want to see some brains dislodged go put a helmet on at your local park and go to town. 

This pep talk almost makes me want to go get in a bar fight. 

It’s fine. We don’t need to see player’s brains fried because of fake macho crap. If you want to see some brains dislodged go put a helmet on at your local park and go to town. 
Do you watch boxing, how about the MMA, ever been to a rodeo?

Because what football needs is more Dave Duersons, Junior Seaus and Mike Websters
So not a boxing fan?

So there goes horse back riding the second most dangerous sport, bull riding number one.

Horseback Riding Horseback riding (or Equestrian) is one of the most intense sports known to man. Not only because it's physically challenging, but it takes more than athleticism. Horseback riding takes commitment, time, patience, and most importantly building a bond with your horse. If you don't have a good relationship ...read more.

There are so many fatal riding accidents that it is near impossible to keep count. Working around on with any living, thinking animal immediately presents obvious risks. Jade South, Jessica Forsyth and Emma Jonathan are just some names of promising young riders who have lost their lives doing the thing they loved most in the last 3 years. The first two names were girls of 14 years.+387

It should be horse riding! People are risking there lives! If you can't see that then your just a very stupid person! There are more deaths from horse riding each year compared to other sports!

" you play football? That's cute"

Football at number 5

Zeno, have you ever been in a Turkish Prison?
Yes I have, got busted in a little bar in Istandul,  for possesion of BC power, they thought it was cocaine.

Being 6-5 259 pounds and wearing a ..."BORN TO RAISE HELL"...tattoo, I actually scared those people.  Was only there a few days, let go once they found out BC powder is just a headache medicine.

The guards wanted to talk weight training,  were in awe of the muscles.

I gave up trying to explain this is a fooball thread, so........

(pssst.....all total BS)

Yes I have, got busted in a little bar in Istandul,  for possesion of BC power, they thought it was cocaine.

Being 6-5 259 pounds and wearing a ..."BORN TO RAISE HELL"...tattoo, I actually scared those people.  Was only there a few days, let go once they found out BC powder is just a headache medicine.

The guards wanted to talk weight training,  were in awe of the muscles.

I gave up trying to explain this is a fooball thread, so........

(pssst.....all total BS)
You've obviously never seen "Airplane!" have you?

So not a boxing fan?

So there goes horse back riding the second most dangerous sport, bull riding number one.

Horseback Riding Horseback riding (or Equestrian) is one of the most intense sports known to man. Not only because it's physically challenging, but it takes more than athleticism. Horseback riding takes commitment, time, patience, and most importantly building a bond with your horse. If you don't have a good relationship ...read more.

There are so many fatal riding accidents that it is near impossible to keep count. Working around on with any living, thinking animal immediately presents obvious risks. Jade South, Jessica Forsyth and Emma Jonathan are just some names of promising young riders who have lost their lives doing the thing they loved most in the last 3 years. The first two names were girls of 14 years.+387

It should be horse riding! People are risking there lives! If you can't see that then your just a very stupid person! There are more deaths from horse riding each year compared to other sports!

" you play football? That's cute"

Football at number 5
How about cooling the horsing around and talk about the topic, ok?

Capella said:
Any good players won’t be in these leagues come July. If the nfl comes calling they will want them in camps come May. 
OK...early February to mid-May. Still lots of off-season.

A new generation of football almost died before it got old.

David Glenn of TheAthletic.com reports that Carolina Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon dumped $250 million into the Alliance of American Football last week in order to save the upstart operation from imploding after only one week.

Absent the nine-figure infusion, the AAF may have missed payroll last Friday.

And there were indeed payroll issues. An agent who represents multiple AAF players alerted PFT on Friday that some paychecks weren’t received. The AAF attributed the delay to an administrative glitch.

Dundon, per the report, will be introduced as the league’s new chairman. It’s unclear when that will occur.

It’s also unclear what Dundon’s ascension will mean for AAF CEO and co-founder Charlie Ebersol and AAF Head of Football and co-founder Bill Polian.

Glenn also reports that Raleigh eventually could have an AAF team, either through relocation of an existing team or expansion.

A new generation of football almost died before it got old.

David Glenn of TheAthletic.com reports that Carolina Hurricanes owner Tom Dundon dumped $250 million into the Alliance of American Football last week in order to save the upstart operation from imploding after only one week.

Absent the nine-figure infusion, the AAF may have missed payroll last Friday.

And there were indeed payroll issues. An agent who represents multiple AAF players alerted PFT on Friday that some paychecks weren’t received. The AAF attributed the delay to an administrative glitch.

Dundon, per the report, will be introduced as the league’s new chairman. It’s unclear when that will occur.

It’s also unclear what Dundon’s ascension will mean for AAF CEO and co-founder Charlie Ebersol and AAF Head of Football and co-founder Bill Polian.

Glenn also reports that Raleigh eventually could have an AAF team, either through relocation of an existing team or expansion.
Bust on Vince McMahon all you want, but at least XFL version 1.0 lasted a whole season.

Users who are viewing this thread